• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2010
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    I bit... I guess. I know what you are talking about but I haven't heard it since the suite.

-Erik-

I think it's only in the suite.

Then what's the problem man.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2010 edited
    NP:The Last Airbender (James Newton Howard)

Yes, we have the first true score of the summer.

Yes , it's is powerful.

Yes, it has really amazing tracks.

The problem with me is I don't find any particular mood on it. It's not magic, it's not mystic, it's not thematic enought, it's not .... I need to watch the movie more than with other recent score.

"Flow like water" this is the kind of the track we expect from Shaymalan/ Newton Howard collaboration!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    All I know is that it has SERIOUSLY beefy percussion sections which sound incredible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    All I know is that it has SERIOUSLY beefy percussion sections which sound incredible.

Percusion doesn't impress me anymore since is used in any contemporany score. Specially Being a Powell fan as I am.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Shawn Murphy once again proves he's the best in the business. The clarity and balance of everything in his recordings is perfect. You can make out individual instruments clearly which is lacking in many modern scores which are often mixed as loud as possible.

His work on Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull and Horton Hears A Who are also magnificent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    Shawn Murphy once again proves he's the best in the business. .

Erik, you have created a monster... tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Shawn Murphy once again proves he's the best in the business. .

Erik, you have created a monster... tongue

Murphy's get much better and more consistent. He's come a long way since such disastrous recording as A.I.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. When's The Last Airbender officially released?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2010
    It's out on iTunes now, and the CD on June 29th, and it's ORDERED! punk
  2. Thanks for the info. All the talk at the moment makes it an eagerly anticipated score to hear.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    NP: In My Sleep - Conrad Pope

I'm loving this!
    Great atmosphere and overall soundscape.
    Love the rhythmic string passages (much like John Williams' War Of The Worlds type ostinatos).
    Very effective, dream like composition by Pope.
    ****1/2 cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2010 edited
    NP:The Last Airbender

Ok. Being heard it with a focused listen....

the score is basically the awesome "suite" and the breathaking "flow like water". I can find the blue spirit good enough.

Leaving this aside I feel a little dissapointed in terms of orchestrations (they seems from vertical limit) and themes .

Probably it will grow on me, but I think it will remain the weakest collaboration with shaymalan.
  3. NP: Steamboy - Steve Jablonsky

It's really just The Rocketeer re-written in MV style form, but it's still good.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Hellboy - Marco Beltrami

Yeah... absolutely and positively the best thing Beltrami has composed. The Liz Sherman theme is GORGEOUS!!! I would love for Varese to expanded THIS one! And "Stand By Your Man" is probably my favorite Beltrami track of all time!

-Erik-
  4. NP: Last Airbender

Have been skipping through, and will revisit later when driving somewhere, but I really like 'Flow like water'. I think JNH just showed Zimmer how you do 'Chevalliers de Sangreal'. (Good as that track is, this one pretty much does the same thing better.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Last Airbender

Have been skipping through, and will revisit later when driving somewhere, but I really like 'Flow like water'. I think JNH just showed Zimmer how you do 'Chevalliers de Sangreal'. (Good as that track is, this one pretty much does the same thing better.)

For someone like you I can imagine why you like this score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Steven wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

For someone like you I can imagine why you like this score.

LOL. spin
  5. He doesn't value life like we do, that Franz....
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    franz_conrad wrote
    I think JNH just showed Zimmer how you do 'Chevalliers de Sangreal'. (Good as that track is, this one pretty much does the same thing better.)

excuse me????????????????
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin

Franzy's 'new' style of opinions, is what I like these days. They've never been as subtle as today. biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    Anthony wrote

Percusion doesn't impress me anymore since is used in any contemporany score. Specially Being a Powell fan as I am.

No?

One name: BEAR MCCREARY.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Hellboy - Marco Beltrami

Yeah... absolutely and positively the best thing Beltrami has composed. The Liz Sherman theme is GORGEOUS!!! I would love for Varese to expanded THIS one! And "Stand By Your Man" is probably my favorite Beltrami track of all time!

-Erik-

That, I,Robot and I am Dina for me smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Atham wrote
    NP: In My Sleep - Conrad Pope

I'm loving this!
    Great atmosphere and overall soundscape.
    Love the rhythmic string passages (much like John Williams' War Of The Worlds type ostinatos).
    Very effective, dream like composition by Pope.
    ****1/2 cool

Very interesting description! Must hear this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    JAMES NEWTON HOWARD - the last airbender

Pure magic, right when the orchestra hits the very first notes. JNH is such a singular composer in the genre.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Christodoulides wrote
    JAMES NEWTON HOWARD - the last airbender

Pure magic, right when the orchestra hits the very first notes. JNH is such a singular composer in the genre.

Jodi listen to this again as unbiased as possible. If you seriously think that the last 3 cues are without emotion, you're out of your mind man.

"FLOW LIKE WATER" is the strongest piece i've heard this year so far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    The entire soundtrack is pure awesomeness IMO. From the massive Taiko drums to JNH's classic orchestral action music, to the mellower emotional cues, it's all really good. Not a single boring track. And ending with that kickass trailer music! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Throughout my 2 listens so far, i found that it drags a bit in the middle section but the opening 2-3 cues plus the last 3-4 ones are stunners.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    You make me be very curious of this score. So I'm looking forward to the CD release. (I don't like to listen to film scores on a computer or mp3)
  6. NP: The Pacific by Hans Zimmer & Co

I was very impressed with the restrained patriotism with this score. It's one of MV's best creations yet.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    The Big Country - Jerome Moross

I bought this from Thor some days after watching the movie the first time. It's absolutely wonderful. So many themes and emotions. Now that I heard it fully on album I understand why it's considered a classic. It really is.