• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:The Last Airbender (JNH)

WOw. it's rocks!

You're driving me crazy man. Seriously.

After all this years? You should be immune already.

Exactly! Read it, :shrug:, move on.

moon
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    See?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote

WOw. it's rocks!

Exactly! Completely ignore it, :shrug:, move on.

Agreed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP: WaterWorld (James Newton Howard)

I don't know why I don't play this score more ofently.

It has everything i love : new age sounds, futuristic techno, heroic fanfarres, chorus....

it rocks!! punk punk punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote

WOw. it's rocks!

Exactly! Completely ignore it, :shrug:, move on.

Agreed.

tsk tsk wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. The Perfect Storm - James Horner

I've really grown to love the two main themes in this score, played most abundantly in the first and last track. I also really like how he used electric guitars to commemorate the fishermen...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    The Perfect Storm - James Horner

I've really grown to love the two main themes in this score, played most abundantly in the first and last track. I also really like how he used electric guitars to commemorate the fishermen...

An excellent score IMO punk

NP : WALKING WITH DINOSAURS - Benjamin Bartlett

Fantastic!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    The Perfect Storm - James Horner

An excellent score IMO punk

Not a single track or a single note I wouldn't want on that album. You could argue that it contains too many of Horner's old tricks, but I say it takes some of the best of his techniques to make a bloody good score.

It's very tempting for me to call it The Perfect Score.
    But I won't.
    Even though I just did.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010 edited
    NP: Monaco and Battle the Droids from Iron man 2 (Debney)

Still my most played and my favourite tracks of this year....
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    And yet you hate The Last Aribender?!

Bizarro!!!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010 edited
    Erik Woods wrote

Bizarro!!!

-Erik-

OH GOD!

DO YOU SEE HOW YOU ARE?????????'''

I didn't hate Airbender!!!!! far from it! I find some impressive tracks on it! I think my opinion is pretty clear about it! But when the action is not present (and it's a lot of his running time), I find it uninteresting.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote
    I think my opinion is pretty clear about it!

Trust me when I say it really, really isn't. dizzy wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Bizarro!!!

-Erik-

OH GOD!

DO YOU SEE HOW YOU ARE?????????'''

Yes... I'm making a hell of a lot more sense than you are.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. New Moon - Alexandre Desplat

I'm only 6 tracks into this and I'm already impressed. I can't think of anyone except maybe Thomas Newman who can write delicate, lush string music the way Desplat can...
  3. NP: The Lion in Winter (Richard Hartley)

Not as good as I remembered it. Just anonymous drama, really. There's a melody or two, but not enough to make more than a 5 minute suite. (and the production values aren't great either - it feels a little like a sampled orchestra due to the thinness of the orchestral texture)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Nautilus wrote

it has some really impressive moments but most of them are 1 minute long in tracks with 4 minutes of minimalistic stuff. And while in other JNH scores (Signs, Lady in the water) this moments creates some specific mood or atmosphere, in Airbender they are rather bland and uninteresting.

I need to watch the movie!!! I really want to love this score!

NP:Matrix Revolutions (Davis)

Now, this is create a very unique sound!
  4. Kevin Scarlet wrote
    New Moon - Alexandre Desplat

I'm only 6 tracks into this and I'm already impressed. I can't think of anyone except maybe Thomas Newman who can write delicate, lush string music the way Desplat can...

All done. I really love the mood set from this...romantic, yet very melancholy. The main theme, heard in the title track and Full Moon, is especially captivating... biggrin
  5. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - Alexander Desplat

Maybe it's because I'm in a melancholy mood now, but this guy's music is really moving me on an almost visceral level. "Postcards" and "Love in Murmansk" are two highlights among a few...
  6. Kevin Scarlet wrote
    The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - Alexander Desplat

Maybe it's because I'm in a melancholy mood now, but this guy's music is really moving me on an almost visceral level. "Postcards" and "Love in Murmansk" are two highlights among a few...

The problem I have with this score is that the second half of it is 10 degrees colder in feeling than the first half. At least it seems that way to me. And the album is perhaps 10 to 15 minutes too long.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  7. I'll be the judge of that once I get to that point. In the meantime, "Meeting Again" absolutely makes me melt...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010
    Anthony wrote
    Nautilus wrote

FACT!
  8. KevinSmith wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote

The problem I have with this score is that the second half of it is 10 degrees colder in feeling than the first half. At least it seems that way to me. And the album is perhaps 10 to 15 minutes too long.

Well, I just finished the score, and far from being cold or boring, it's probably the most graceful and warm-hearted score I've ever listened to. It's not even worth listing anymore highlight tracks because the whole album is just great.

That said, the final cue "Benjamin and Daisy"... :sigh:
  9. NP: Fireflies in the Garden - Javier Navarrete

It's an enjoyable meandering piano/string driven score, quite relaxing.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    New Moon - Alexandre Desplat

Thank you.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote

Well, I just finished the score, and far from being cold or boring, it's probably the most graceful and warm-hearted score I've ever listened to. It's not even worth listing anymore highlight tracks because the whole album is just great.

That said, the final cue "Benjamin and Daisy"... :sigh:

Thank you.

n.p. JAMES NEWTON HOWARD - the great debaters

Quite relaxing and soothing guitar and string-driven score. Has a Thomas Newman air to it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I like that one - not a demanding listen by any means. Good background music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    CHARLIE WILSON'S WAR is wholly different and slightly better though smile Love the marriage of middle eastern music with the trademarked JNH-isms wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Il cuore nel pozzo - Ennio Morricone

I just can't get enough of this score. I think it's one of his masterworks in the 2000s. Beautiful melodies after beautiful melodies in each track (except only one track with tension music). Though it's not a well-known score I boldly recommend it to everybody who loves Morricone in his most melodic mood.
    A superb album. (My only minor problem is that there are so many great melodies on this album that I can't keep all in my memory...)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010 edited
    Absolutely beautiful. Mesmerizing.
  10. NP: Star Trek III - The Search For Spock - James Horner

This must have come from SAE at Warp Factor 9 to get here today!

I've locked myself in my office, curtains drawn, listening to this. Not an ideal situation but I want to hear this NOW and listen to the already-familiar and new tracks.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn