• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010 edited
    I just wanted to make a specific topic about this event. It may be far too early but at least it's here now.

http://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/ … fault.aspx
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  1. I was thinking about this score in the car on the way in to work this morning. Although not my favourite of the three scores, it's such an epic project (music and time!) that it would be disappointing to not hear this in full "live."

I've not been to one of these "orchestra-plays-as-film-is projected" things before and so that would be interesting to see.

So, if anyone has an interest in this then here's the place to post.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010 edited
    I'm afraid I can't make it this time. I WILL have at least one international trip in the fall, but it won't be London, I'm afraid. Also, I saw LOTR live here in Oslo a few years ago, so I've kinda been there, done that. It would only have to be to meet some of you live, but hopefully there will another chance of that eventually - if not in London, then maybe Ghent, Ubeda etc.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Nope, going to see a film music festival in Poland with RotK performed.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010
    I'm up for it.
  3. If we can get some definites early then we can try and get a block booking in a position that's recommended by someone who's familiar with the Royal Albert Hall.

For someone who's familiar with the process of buying tickets at RAH, are there any volunteers to do a block purchase (if required?)
  4. I'm still deciding, I want to go but don't know if its possible
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2010
    I can't say this yet either.

We're planning a holiday in August/September, but nothing conclusive.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2010
    I'm seriously thinking about going, possibly with another friend of mine as well. Any chance Shore will be present?
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2010
    There is a very good chance that Shore will be present.
  5. Jim, do you know the RAH well? If you do, could you recommend the best areas (that are left) for the layout of the orchestra/choir?

I'd say I'm more or less going to this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2010 edited
    I might be joining this, but with one promise that we have a bunch of drinks after the concert too! I want to be drunk or at least tipsy in London. Otherwise I will join my friends in München during the Oktoberfest. Or am I crazy to take LOTR before a beerfest? dizzy tongue

Has anyone already booked or decided something?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2010
    As I wasn't sure any of you were going, and friends that wanted to join me had to step out due to financial reasons, I wasn't sure anymore. Plus, having bought a new laptop right before a luxurious vacation to Spain, I figured it might be a good period to catch up on my income right before heading off to the expensive Gent. But, Lord of the Rings in concert? That's really too good to pass... so I'm undecided, as of now. I might want to wait till after Spain, to see what's left of my bank account ;-).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm up for this if others are going? Shall we book a group/row of seats?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nope. Not for me.
    I'm all Ringed out.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2010
    In Ubeda, Anthony, Bob, Mario and I agreed we should go to London for this concert.

Who's interested in meeting up on Saturday(/Sunday)?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I keep forgetting about this!

Yes, I'm 100% up for it. I will likely take the Monday and Tuesday off work so will be around then rather than at the weekend.

I suggest we book a group of seats ASAP. I can do that if required...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oh, you'd make a long weekend of it. Perhaps I can take a day or two off too. smile

But yes, we need group tickets.

And Eurostar tickets. We still have a free one due to the delay from last time. Why doesn't this happen in the airline world?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Are the four of us going then? Anyone else want me to book them a ticket?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I think Alan doesn't want to miss it either.

I don't know about Thomas and Elin.

But we can all gather before/after anyway.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I think we're a bit late...the only choice we have is to stand. Nicht seats. I think I'll pass in that case...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ouchy! shocked slant
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    On both days?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    yeah
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Shiiiit.

slant sad

Perhaps you can all come to Ghent three weeks later instead?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Hmm, I didn't exactly agree on coming, I said I'd have to wait and see about my financial situation. Seeing there are no good seats anymore closes the deal for me, which is just as well, because I shouldn't go considered the Barry and WSA a few weeks later will cost me as well.
  6. Is standing a deal breaker for everyone?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Hmm. It's only £15, but I don't know if it's even worth that!?

Also, if not much people are attending because of this, perhaps we can postpone it to an other concert, or possibly even a meeting without a concert? smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    It's not just the 15,-, you'll have transport and hotel costs as well.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2010
    I'd really like to go to the book signing the day before but yeah..the standing puts me off the concert completely.