• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2012
    I stand corrected.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I have the LP but haven't listened to it, the cassette, or the bootleg for a long time.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  1. Speaking of Intrada promos, I just recently snagged THE PRESIDIO and it really shows off Broughton's action chops. He handles the modern urban thriller with aplomb, but never losing of melody and structure. The end title piece is a particular beaut. Highly recommended if you can find it for a reasonable price. SAE has long held a mint copy for sale but I think it's up around $45.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Mike Skerritt wrote
    Speaking of Intrada promos, I just recently snagged THE PRESIDIO and it really shows off Broughton's action chops. He handles the modern urban thriller with aplomb, but never losing of melody and structure. The end title piece is a particular beaut. Highly recommended if you can find it for a reasonable price. SAE has long held a mint copy for sale but I think it's up around $45.

I bought this recently on Ebay for next to nothing. Can't say I like it very much (and I usually like Broughton a lot) but some pieces were very good, like the end title as you say.
    • CommentAuthorFrank
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2013 edited
    Coming from Intrada on November 12:

THE THANKSGIVING PROMISE

Young Sherlock Holmes will be released in the first half of 2014 if everything goes well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2014
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2014/12/24/m … broughton/

Out in time for Xmas but barely in time for my review is "Miracle on 34th St."

I want to take this time to wish all of you a Merry Xmas and let you know that I'm happy you're a part of my life.
    Tom
  2. merry Christmas Tom smile, and of course merry Christmas to everyone
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2014
    All the best to you too Tom!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2015
    According to his Facebook, Broughton is scoring a miniseries Texas Rising with John Debney.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2015
    (I guess now he has publicised the fact that he has scored it, he might have broken some kind of rule like he did with the Oscars and get sacked.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2015
    Hopefully this will not be a problem.
    Tom
  3. My review of TEXAS RISING, for anyone who is interested:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2015/06/16/texas … broughton/

Jon
  4. Check out some nice scoring by him for a short-lived TV series (as well as an excellent theme):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp6VKYVWp14
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2016 edited
    Please someone tell me this is for real?

OMG ! OMG ! OMG ! punk

Edit: Apparently it is, coming from Intrada soon ! One of my favorite scores for sure. beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2016
    Intrada's original expanded release is superb. What's missing that would make a 2CD worth purchasing?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I even thought the original 1998 TVT release with songs and score was sufficient. It's a fine score, but I'm not QUITE as enthused as Gilles.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    There are a few pieces I certainly wouldn't mind added to the album, so I'm excited about this. One of my favourites. (A childhood favourite at that, which I'm sure will make a few here feel old.)
  5. Erik Woods wrote
    Intrada's original expanded release is superb. What's missing that would make a 2CD worth purchasing?

-Erik-

There's a great action cue at the start of the film. I've seen it enough times to desperately want that one. smile

But to be honest, I couldn't say what else is essential.

Thor wrote
    It's a fine score, but I'm not QUITE as enthused as everyone that's into rousing orchestral music.

Fixed !
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Rousing, schmousing.... wink
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Lost in Space (2CD)

Well to be honest, I'm not sure whether to get this. I just enjoy the earlier release way too much that I fear an expansion will somehow disrupt the flow that is so perfect in its 67 minute version. The new one is 16 minutes longer, but there's also a bunch of alternate versions tucked in the main program, so I'm not sure that those changes will be for the better.

Had the first Intrada been something like 50 minutes I would've jumped on this already.
  7. My thoughts exactly.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  8. But that doesn't mean I won't get it eventually being a sucker for this music (and movie).
  9. My problem exactly.

Well, regarding the film, the last act is weak.
  10. I think the actors make it work. And the great production design and dazzling special effects.

Seriously this is one I came completely around on... the first time I wasn't impressed but with each subsequent viewing I liked it a bit more.
  11. I shall revisit it then. smile
  12. I dare even say it's fun and the family aspect is well handled. Gary Oldman has the best lines too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2016
    DreamTheater wrote
    I think the actors make it work. And the great production design and dazzling special effects.

Oh ya... those DAAAAAAAAAAAAZZLING special effects! dizzy

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  13. DreamTheater wrote
    I dare even say it's fun and the family aspect is well handled. Gary Oldman has the best lines too.

Ah, yes, who can forget such well handled lines as: "I love you, wife."*

* = No, really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLsnvxPBRfE
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The film had two good things: Lacey Chabert and Bruce Broughton.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    (Well, and Gary Oldman I suppose, despite the dialogue.)