• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. eclectic selection, but I like it smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2010
    Ha! No one is interested in the winners? wink

WINNERS

Film Composer of the Year
    Alexandre DESPLAT (Fantastic Mr. Fox, New Moon, Julie & Julia, The Ghost Writer)

Best Original Film Score of the Year 2010
    FANTASTIC MR. FOX by Alexandre Desplat

Best original song written for Film
    ‘THE WEARY KIND’ from Crazy Heart, music & lyrics by Ryan Bingham & T Bone Burnett

Discovery of the Year
    Abel KORZENIOWSKI for A Single Man

Public Choice Award
    Abel KORZENIOWSKI for A Single Man

Sabam Award for Best Young European Composer
    Karzan Mahmood

Lifetime Achievement Award
    John Barry

More info
    http://worldsoundtrackawards.com/news2. … mp;lang=en

PICTURES
    Abel and Desplat
    more to follow...

VIDEO(in Dutch)
    http://www.deredactie.be/permalink/1.890443
    Kazoo
  2. Has anybody (of the belgian members) already figured out when they are going to air this on TV?

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2010 edited
    Elin, from 10 November onwards it will be available on Belgacom TV, apparently also in 3D (wtf?), in the section In demand – Films – Filmfestival Gent. I think Eric is able to record it.
    Kazoo
  3. So no Telenet customers? Dammit.

I would love to get a copy of that.

Which Eric are you talking about? (which membername?)

Elin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2010
    Eric (same username) was at the John Barry concert. He's from Antwerp. I don't know if you've met him already. smile
    Kazoo
  4. Nope, but I'll send him a personal message ASAP ;-).

Thanks Bregt
  5. Bad news all around. I finally received an answer about the airing time on Canvas+ of tha WSA. This is what the lady wrote:

Beste Elin,

Bedankt voor uw belangstelling voor Canvas.
    Op Canvas+ is er een heruitzending geweest van de opname van vorig jaar. Dit jaar is de opname wegens besparingen niet doorgegaan.
    Het spijt ons.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Edda Spitaels,
    Klantendienst VRT

So unless Eric was right about it being available through Belgacom on demand (can anybody check that out, I'm telenet) we are not going to get to see this. Dammit...

Elin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2010
    LOL!
    "We couldn't afford to film the award ceremony this year, so we substituted last year's show!"

What an EXCELLENT excuse! I can see this becoming a trend.

"In further news, the prime minister of Cambodia was assassinated, but as we could not afford a correspondent there due to cutbacks, here's some footage of president Kennedy getting shot"
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  6. Skating_Lientje wrote

So unless Eric was right about it being available through Belgacom on demand (can anybody check that out, I'm telenet) we are not going to get to see this. Dammit...

Elin

Wasn't that what the show host said, it would be available through Belgacom in HD and 3D. Eric should know more.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    LOL!
    "We couldn't afford to film the award ceremony this year, so we substituted last year's show!"

What an EXCELLENT excuse! I can see this becoming a trend.

"In further news, the prime minister of Cambodia was assassinated, but as we could not afford a correspondent there due to cutbacks, here's some footage of president Kennedy getting shot"

That seems a bit extreme, Martijn, surely they could stretch to more recent events in Dallas..........like J.R. getting shot? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Maybe they could raise some money by selling tickets instead of letting advertisers invite everyone for free.
  7. Anthony wrote
    Maybe they could raise some money by selling tickets instead of letting advertisers invite everyone for free.

You know what really bugged me about that? Marie-Lise tried to get tickets on the day of the concert. There were still available she was told, but only seats with restricted view.

I was there... There were hundred of perfect seats available. No restricted view whatsoever. What were these people talking about?
    Well probably all those nice seats weren't even available for purchase...

Makes me a bit angry.

Elin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Anthony wrote

You know what really bugged me about that? Marie-Lise tried to get tickets on the day of the concert. There were still available she was told, but only seats with restricted view.

I was there... There were hundred of perfect seats available. No restricted view whatsoever. What were these people talking about?
    Well probably all those nice seats weren't even available for purchase...

Makes me a bit angry.

Elin

Yes, that was a bit weird, as was the "exclusive" reception after the concert (which wasn't very exclusive when hundreds upon hundreds of sponsors were there). Of course, if you wore a cool blazer and looked a bit "important", it was possible to get in anyway! wink
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Thor wrote
    Yes, that was a bit weird, as was the "exclusive" reception after the concert (which wasn't very exclusive when hundreds upon hundreds of sponsors were there). Of course, if you wore a cool blazer and looked a bit "important", it was possible to get in anyway! wink

or spoke with a foreign accent wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Thor wrote
    Yes, that was a bit weird, as was the "exclusive" reception after the concert (which wasn't very exclusive when hundreds upon hundreds of sponsors were there).

That's exactly why I no longer attend.
  9. Anthony wrote
    Thor wrote
    Yes, that was a bit weird, as was the "exclusive" reception after the concert (which wasn't very exclusive when hundreds upon hundreds of sponsors were there).

That's exactly why I no longer attend.

Besides the kickass concert the press interview and reception afterwards were definitely worth a visit.
    Maybe you'll give the WSA another chance?

And don't forget that it IS a MT meeting. That alone should entice you.

Elin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Well, to be fair, it is getting extremely better over the years. How about an event where there are even no drinks to buy? Or tickets that are not sent even when ordered months in advance? I've always considered the WSA to be extremely guest-unfriendly, it's only the composers that are coming there that makes me undertake the trip. And the MT gathering of course wink.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2010
    Skating_Lientje wrote

Elin

Nothing yet on Belgacom Elin , I've just checked . sad
    They did announce the broadcast at the John Barry concert , but according to the answer you've received from Canvas things can always change ... unfortunately ...
    I'll let you guys know should it suddenly appear ... wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2010 edited
    Update regarding recording of the WSA (for Elin and Eric (could only find in Dutch))
    De ‘10e World Soundtrack Awards’ en ‘John Barry in Concert’ zijn gratis beschikbaar (ook in HD) via de ‘Op aanvraag-catalogus’ van Belgacom TV. U vindt deze concerten makkelijk terug via de ‘On demand’-knop van uw afstandsbediening, doorklikken naar ‘Films’ – ‘Filmfestival Gent’ – ‘Concerten’.

Vanaf 1 december zijn beide concerten ook te zien op het 3D-kanaal van Belgacom TV (kanaal 363) en via de ‘Op aanvraag-catalogus’.
    Kazoo
  10. Great ! Now we need someone to record those and maybe we can watch em together on our next meeting. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2010
    THX for the heads up Bregt !
    I only checked a few days ago , but nothing to find then - gonna re-check asap ...
    To be continued ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  11. Eric wrote
    THX for the heads up Bregt !
    I only checked a few days ago , but nothing to find then - gonna re-check asap ...
    To be continued ...

Idem dito. Thanks Bregt.
    Eric, as I only have telenet, you'll have to do the recording...

Elin
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2010
    Heads-up: they're showing the World Soundtrack Awards NOW on Exqi. According to my TV guide, they'll be repeating it throughout the evening/night.
  12. fommes wrote
    Heads-up: they're showing the World Soundtrack Awards NOW on Exqi. According to my TV guide, they'll be repeating it throughout the evening/night.

I'll try to record it, we'll see how it goes then. smile

Thanks for the heads up Thomas
  13. fommes wrote

Thank you, I have programmed my Digicorder, and am listening to Yared's lullaby as I write this.

Thank you soooooooooooo much kiss

Elin
  14. Skating_Lientje wrote
    fommes wrote

Thank you, I have programmed my Digicorder, and am listening to Yared's lullaby as I write this.

Thank you soooooooooooo much kiss

Elin

We've programmed our digirecorder smile
  15. beer RETECOOL beer

which translates as ASS COOL
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    You're welcome - it has just begun again, and now I'm recording it myself smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Hahaha, I had totally forgotten about that completely whacko East-European cartoon.