• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2010
    World Soundtrack Awards 2010 recording in HD ---> A ok
    John Barry In Concert recording in HD --> A ok

wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  1. Seriously ??? I defintely would like the JB concert.

That's like awesome dude !!! punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. Eric wrote
    World Soundtrack Awards 2010 recording in HD ---> A ok
    John Barry In Concert recording in HD --> A ok

wink

That's weird because on my recording some composers were definitely missing. Where was Santaolalla, Shore? Those were the ones I really wanted to put on disc and hit the repeat button. And on my version of what aired these weren't available.

And John Barry? That wasn't on my recording either (and I recorded the HD version). I did get all the awards stuff (which wasn't really necessary for me).

So Eric did you get a version that did have Shore and Santaolalla, in them? If so, can i have a copy?

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    I haven't watched any of them yet Elin , they're still on my hard drive .
    The John Barry concert is approx. 1u46 and the WSA 2010 is approx. 2u09 .
    Dunno how long your recording is ? Mine isn't recorded from Exqi .
    Gonna sit down and watch them asap and let you know ...
  3. Why would they keep out those two, makes no sense? sad

And was Barry broadcast at the same time as the WSA concert?

And I think A-OK was to say he recorded it and wanted to let us know we could ask him for a copy. cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    I haven't checked my recording yet but really - they cut out Shore's piece? That's annoying. Two years ago they cut out some of the Badalamenti pieces too for the broadcast, leaving all the awards in.

Kudos for cutting out Santaolalla though.
    biggrin
  4. Eric wrote
    I haven't watched any of them yet Elin , they're still on my hard drive .
    The John Barry concert is approx. 1u46 and the WSA 2010 is approx. 2u09 .
    Dunno how long your recording is ? Mine isn't recorded from Exqi .
    Gonna sit down and watch them asap and let you know ...

My WSA is also about 2.09h so I'm guessing we have the same version (as I also recorded from Exqui sport/culture HD). I didn't see a Barry concert on there though.

Elin
  5. This is what I found on my recording:

On the first half Muhly performed and also the Barry medly was played (and the funny cartoon/shortfilm)

From the second part of the WSA, these composers were aired:

- Badalamenti
    - Coulais
    - Devreese
    - Iglesias (even though he wasn't there)
    - Yared
    - Goldenthal
    - Warbeck

So besides Santaolalla and Shore we are also missing Craig Armstrong :-(

Elin
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    My WSA is also about 2.09h so I'm guessing we have the same version (as I also recorded from Exqui sport/culture HD). I didn't see a Barry concert on there though.

Elin

Looks like we have the same one qua lenght . Mine doesn't have the annoying Exqi logo and commercials though . Looks like they cut stuff out then ?! The Barry concert wasn't on Exqi Elin , it was on Belgacom on demand ...
  6. They cut Shore? shocked
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  7. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    They cut Shore? shocked

My reaction as well. Could it have something to do with rights to music?

Elin
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Always possible ... unfortunately ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2010 edited
    Did anyone record this? I would be mighty, mighty interested in seeing it if so, having been there and everything.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2010 edited
    Look at the man above your post. smile
  8. Thor wrote
    Did anyone record this? I would be mighty, mighty interested in seeing it if so, having been there and everything.

I recorded the WSA on my digicorder, and I can write that on DVD for you. But no luck for the Barry concert though. That you'll have to ask Eric.

Elin
  9. Skating_Lientje wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    They cut Shore? shocked

My reaction as well. Could it have something to do with rights to music?

Elin

I don't see any other explanation
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Thor wrote

I recorded the WSA on my digicorder, and I can write that on DVD for you. But no luck for the Barry concert though. That you'll have to ask Eric.

Elin

The WSA is the thing I was looking for, as I didn't attend the Barry concert, nor am I a particularly big fan of his. Very nice of you to offer a DVD of this. Let me know the details for material+shipping costs, and I'll be very grateful! smile
    I am extremely serious.
  10. Thor wrote
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    Thor wrote

Elin

The WSA is the thing I was looking for, as I didn't attend the Barry concert, nor am I a particularly big fan of his. Very nice of you to offer a DVD of this. Let me know the details for material+shipping costs, and I'll be very grateful! smile

Do you prefer DVD+ or DVD- format? And Thor, can you PM me your snail mail address? I'll try to go to the post office in between Christmas and New Year's (as I'm supporting a huge cold for the moment).

I'll let you know what the costs are after I mailed it to you.

Elin
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    Hi everybody,

I´m new in this forum. I´m from Spain and I saw the two concerts (dedicated to John Barry and the World Soundtrack Awards). The Film Festival of Ghent is wonderdul!!!!. I´m very interesed to get the two concerts in DVD.

Thanks,

Greetings
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2010
    Welcome Kilar beer

What's the name about? Your favourite composer maybe??
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  11. If it is, he is more than welcome here!
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2010
    Yes, He is my favourite composer. He is GREAT!!!!!!! Thanks for your welcome to me. Kilar would to make more film music (not only for Zanussi).
  12. kilar30 wrote
    Hi everybody,

I´m new in this forum. I´m from Spain and I saw the two concerts (dedicated to John Barry and the World Soundtrack Awards). The Film Festival of Ghent is wonderdul!!!!. I´m very interesed to get the two concerts in DVD.

Thanks,

Greetings

you were there? If you stick to this forum, and plan to come next year as well, then let us know. It's always cool to meet more MainTitles members wink

By the way, welcome on board man beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    kilar30 wrote
    Yes, He is my favourite composer. He is GREAT!!!!!!! Thanks for your welcome to me. Kilar would to make more film music (not only for Zanussi).

I couldn't agree more, I also really love his concert works.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  13. kilar30 wrote
    Hi everybody,

Thanks,

Greetings

Hi Kilar,

Welcome to the forum. As you could read above I only was able to record the WSA concert, not the Barry one, so you might want to contact Erik and see if he can write both concerts on a DVD for you and mail it to you. If it doesn't work out, and you want me to mail you the WSA concert, just drop me a line and I'll see what I can do.

Elin

PS Don't expect it tomorrow or something I'm down with a huge cold and my babysitters (read my parents) are now battling a stomache flu, so I'm not sure when I'll be back under the living.
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    Thanks to everybody.

I´ll try to go to Ghent the next Year (I´ve gone the last 2 years-Concert of Umebayashi, and the concerts of John Barry and WSA Awards this year). I would to know what composer/s will go the next year.

Thank you Elin. I would like to contact with Erik for the Concerts. Someone has the concert of Umebayashi in DVD?
  14. kilar30 wrote
    Thanks to everybody.

I´ll try to go to Ghent the next Year (I´ve gone the last 2 years-Concert of Umebayashi, and the concerts of John Barry and WSA Awards this year). I would to know what composer/s will go the next year.

Thank you Elin. I would like to contact with Erik for the Concerts. Someone has the concert of Umebayashi in DVD?

I don't think there is a DVD or television recording of the Umebayashi concert (I was there too and I don't remember it being aired once), I do have the CD though of the performances (though not the live ones), I must review that puppy someday shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2010 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I don't think there is a DVD or television recording of the Umebayashi concert (I was there too and I don't remember it being aired once)

There is a recording ...
    The Umebayashi concert is only available 'on demand' from Belgacom ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2010
    We'll have to keep a close watch on Exqi then, you never know that they'll broadcast the rest, too!
  15. fommes wrote
    We'll have to keep a close watch on Exqi then, you never know that they'll broadcast the rest, too!

I think we don't have a big chance. But maybe we should contact them and ask why they cut out Shore, Santaolalla and Armstrong and ask if they will ever air the entire concert?

Any takers?

Elin