• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorCaliburn
    • CommentTime7 days ago
    My review of Pacific Rim: Uprising for anyone who is slightly interested in this movie

https://soundtrackworld.com/2018/04/pac … rne-balfe/
  1. Caliburn wrote
    My review of Pacific Rim: Uprising for anyone who is slightly interested in this movie

https://soundtrackworld.com/2018/04/pac … rne-balfe/

I found the movie to be surprisingly entertaining. Enjoyed it as much as the first one. Very engaging and surprising plot. I had expected it to be eye-rollingly predictable but it actually had some clever ideas and twists.

The score, on the other hand...epic fail.
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    • CommentTime4 days ago
    Apparently, Balfe will be composing the score for the next Mission: Impossible film.

That's incredibly disappointing news.
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    • CommentAuthorjb1234
    • CommentTime4 days ago
    He's had one of the worst years I can think of for a major film composer. I'm not expecting much from his Mission Impossible work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAidabaida
    • CommentTime4 days ago
    Balfe's work on the Penguins of Madagascar movie assures me he can knock this one out of the park. Every mission impossible score so far has been excellent, keep it up Lorne!
    Bach's music is heartless and robotic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTime4 days ago
    Soul-destroying news, but not unexpected.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTime4 days ago
    Aidabaida wrote
    Balfe's work on the Penguins of Madagascar movie assures me he can knock this one out of the park. Every mission impossible score so far has been excellent, keep it up Lorne!

I'll be surprised. He's yet to show any ability to compose anything beyond a catchy tune. The previous Mission Impossible scores, minus (unsurprisingly) the Zimmer/MV one, have all worked beyond catchy tunes; they're expertly and intricately constructed scores. To go from Elfman to Giacchino to Kraemer to Balfe is a stupendously short-sited decision on the part of the producers.
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    • CommentTime4 days ago
    Steven wrote
    Aidabaida wrote

I'll be surprised. He's yet to show any ability to compose anything beyond a catchy tune. The previous Mission Impossible scores, minus (unsurprisingly) the Zimmer/MV one, have all worked beyond catchy tunes; they're expertly and intricately constructed scores. To go from Elfman to Giacchino to Kraemer to Balfe is a stupendously short-sited decision on the part of the producers.

My thoughts exactly. The series has maintained an impressively high level in terms of music. Okay, so the Zimmer score may not go down in the annals of film music history, but it's a guilty pleasure of mine.

But the Elfman, Giacchino and Kraemer scores are top notch! I'd been looking so much forward to another Kraemer score, and now this.

I can't express how bummed out I am over this...
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.