• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    I wasn't commenting on their origin, but rather the purpose of their music (unless i am missing something, this is what they do) and its style.

I honestly can't see what's wrong in listening to a cue that has a definitive beginning, middle, and end. Granted, having most of those pieces be crafted with a epic crescendo in mind, can make for a tiring listening experience, but you can't say that they weren't created to generate some specific emotional response, like all music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You're right about that, nothing wrong. I am talking personally though and i do find them quite the same and tiring. Having heard one album, it's indeed fun but after that all sound the same to me.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    You're right about that, nothing wrong. I am talking personally though and i do find them quite the same and tiring. Having heard one album, it's indeed fun but after that all sound the same to me.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. This is why they have to mix things up by adding different style pieces and genres, and the new album may have all of these changes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2011 edited
    There's a new single from Thomas Bergersen on iTunes and Amazon, "<3" (or Heart). Thomas created this track in honor of the victims of the disasters in Japan, and he is donating 100% of the proceeds from it to aiding Japan.

Thomas Bergersen
    Japan needs our help, our love, our support. With sounds of Bulgarian folk choir, Irish uilleann pipes, Armenian duduk and orchestra, "Heart" is my way of showing compassion, across religions and cultures. All the proceeds of the sales of this music will go to Red Cross, who is helping the victims of the earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan/Asia-Pacific.

Also, all proceeds from his 4 pre-release Illusions singles for the next 4 months (and the singles already purchased this month) will go to aiding Japan.

-Heart on iTunes
    -Heart on Amazon

The track is beautiful, as is the gesture.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2011
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    plindboe wrote
    Sounds lovely-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-OwqnEwkyw

Peter love

The track doesn't work. Loads forever.... slant
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    Try this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKwAEtS2n8A

Or buy it? :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Feliz wrote
    Try this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKwAEtS2n8A

Or buy it? :P

Buy it?!? Pfft, don't be ridiculous! wink

Same problem with that one, though. SOMEONE doesn't want me to hear this piece.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    Weird! Preview it through the iTunes link? iTunes previews are 1:30 now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2011
    Your periodic TSFH news update wink:

-The Human Experience soundtrack has been released, with about 14 minutes of score by Thomas Bergersen.

-The tracklist for Bergersen's solo album Illusions is up. The album has been recorded and mixed and should be released soon. We're just waiting on album art and the CD-pressing process:
    01. Starvation
    02. Dreammaker
    03. Hurt
    04. Ocean Princess
    05. Gift of Life
    06. Rada
    07. A Place In Heaven
    08. Merchant Prince
    09. Promise
    10. Femme Fatale
    11. Homecoming
    12. Immortal
    13. Remember Me
    14. Sonera
    15. Reborn
    16. Age of Gods
    17. Illusions
    18. Bonus Track

Total running time (01:07:54)

-Thomas released one track he decided to scrap from the Illusions album for Easter, My Freedom.

-Two more public releases are in the works. "Sun" will be Thomas Bergersen's own project and will have some of his music from Illumina and Dreams and Imaginations, as well as some new tracks. There will also be a sequel to Invincible with music from both Nick and Thomas.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2011
    Thomas Bergersen has released a 21+ minutes long demo/preview of his upcoming solo album. It sounds very cool... can't wait! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2011
    Thomas Bergersen's solo album "Illusions" is out now on iTunes. A CD release should be out shortly as well...
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Artworks wrote
    Thomas Bergersen has released a 21+ minutes long demo/preview of his upcoming solo album. It sounds very cool... can't wait! punk

Sounds cool indeed. Will be getting this.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Have finally rated all my TSFH tracks in itunes. There were 740 tracks to get though. Since several of their albums are unofficial concept albums like "All drums go to hell" that contained countless tracks performed by percussion only there were a great number of tracks I didn't care for. I ended up with 161 tracks rated between 3 and 5 stars, and playing this playlist on shuffle is just pure headbanging bliss.

Peter punk
    • CommentAuthorLars
    thomas' solo album illusions is now available at itunes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Wow, an epic project, congratulations!!
    I have only listened to and rated Invincible, Nemesis and Dreams & Imaginations. And that was a lot.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Scribe wrote
    Wow, an epic project, congratulations!!
    I have only listened to and rated Invincible, Nemesis and Dreams & Imaginations. And that was a lot.

Hehe, indeed. They release albums all over the place and the albums contain an immense number of tracks. Difficult to keep up.

Peter biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2011
    Lars wrote
    thomas' solo album illusions is now available at itunes.

Any where else? CDBaby.com, maybe? I don't want to go through Apple again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    Yep, it's at CDBaby too. But I beleive the quality is slightly lower than the iTunes release?

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/thomasbergersen

There you go!

Peter, you'll have to update your list with Illusions now too. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Feliz wrote
    Yep, it's at CDBaby too. But I beleive the quality is slightly lower than the iTunes release?

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/thomasbergersen

There you go!

NOOOO!!!! YOU'VE FAILED ME!!!!

"We are currently undergoing site maintenance.
    We will be back shortly.

Thanks,
    The CD Baby Team"
    • CommentAuthorLars
    they will also release the album on cd as soon as possible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Feliz wrote

Indeed, and "Faction" and "Sun" and "Balls to the wall" and "Two steps from heaven" and "Nero". *sigh* The work is never done! These people release more music than anyone else and just when you've finally rated it all they have released another bunch of albums you have to get and listen to and rate.

It's a never-ending job being a TSFH fan.

Peter wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    plindboe wrote
    Feliz wrote

Indeed, and "Faction" and "Sun" and "Balls to the wall" and "Two steps from heaven" and "Nero". *sigh* The work is never done! These people release more music than anyone else and just when you've finally rated it all they have released another bunch of albums you have to get and listen to and rate.

It's a never-ending job being a TSFH fan.

Peter wink

Really? They've released more albums?
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    lp, I'm using the list I found on wikipedia-> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Steps_From_Hell

I'm not sure if any of the new ones have been released yet. I can imagine that the Two Steps From Heaven album listed as year 2012 are still in the planning stages, while Sun is an official album where no year is written. Illusions, Balls to the wall, Nero and Faction are all 2011 so they might come out soon, if they're not already out. It's difficult to tell with the unofficial albums whether they're out or not, since no places are selling them.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    plindboe wrote
    lp, I'm using the list I found on wikipedia-> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Steps_From_Hell

I'm not sure if any of the new ones have been released yet. I can imagine that the Two Steps From Heaven album listed as year 2012 are still in the planning stages, while Sun is an official album where no year is written. Illusions, Balls to the wall, Nero and Faction are all 2011 so they might come out soon, if they're not already out. It's difficult to tell with the unofficial albums whether they're out or not, since no places are selling them.

Peter smile

Whew, for a minute, I thought I was behind on my collection there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2011
    plindboe wrote
    Illusions, Balls to the wall, Nero and Faction are all 2011 so they might come out soon, if they're not already out. It's difficult to tell with the unofficial albums whether they're out or not, since no places are selling them.

Here's what's coming down the pipeline and what's already popped out of it. smile

-Illusions - Just released (Purchase through iTunes and CDBaby. Amazon soon to come. Physical CD release in a few months.)
    -Balls to the Wall - Released, streaming (Drums | Extreme Music)
    -Faction - Released, streaming (Drones | Extreme Music)

-Sun, unreleased (Commercial release - Compilation of Thomas' best tracks from Dreams and Imaginations)
    -Untitled Invincible sequel, unreleased (Commercial release - Another general best-of compilation of publicly-unreleased tracks)
    -Nero, unreleased (Private album - Nearing completion. Currently in recording sessions, then a month+ of mixing.)
    -Two Steps from Heaven, unreleased (Private album - Currently in recording sessions.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2011 edited
    A shameless rip of Zimmer and E.S.Posthumus.* Not for me this one here smile

* Synths, orchestra, drums and Middle Eastern wordless female vocals bukkake
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2011 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    A shameless rip of Zimmer and E.S.Posthumus. Not for me this one here smile

E.S. Posthumus kinda went down hill after Baraka, so I'm pretty happy that Thomas Bergesen can provide such an excellent substitute/replacement.

FWIW, most of these albums will always "rip off" Hans one way or another.

An all female bukkake? Hmmm, not sure how I should respond to this....
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    A shameless rip of Zimmer and E.S.Posthumus.* Not for me this one here smile

Zimmer doesn't make music like this anymore and E.S.Posthumus doesn't exist anymore, so I'm glad that there're some to carry the mantle. In any case, they often make superior music anyway. Couldn't care less about originally. Whether I enjoy it is all that matters.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2011 edited
    ...D? There are drums, synths, an orchestra and female vocalists, sure, but... a shameless rip? Of E.S. Posthumus? Did you listen to Promise, Sonera, Femme Fatale at all? Whatever they may remind me of, it's quite a bit more polished and inspired than anything I've heard from Posthumus, and it's not Zimmer either. Unfortunately I'm beginning to seriously doubt that Zimmer can put together anything any more that reaches the emotional heights of Reborn at 2:30.

It's not your type of music, I know, that's fine, but I really think there's a little more to it than your succinct summary. tongue