• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. haha, cool thanks
    I was right though about all of them that I posted wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2010
    Yep, you were. You gave me a nice head start on my list, actually. wink

Invincible is now also available on Amazon for half the price (9 bucks) and better quality than the CDBaby version.

A release is still planned for iTunes and there might be a physical CD on CDBaby later on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2010 edited
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...... not fair! smile

Ok, can't download it from Amazon anyways, because of geographical restrictions. And iTunes in Denmark probably won't have it, because they suck. And a cd is probably not coming soon. But still... noooooooooooooo!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2010 edited
    I just listened to Dreams and Imaginations for the first time. Wow! In my opinion they have enough highlights just in there to warrant 2 or 3 commecial "Best Of" albums.

For anyone who doesn't typically like TSFH's music, please do me a favor and listen to these 4 tracks. It seems Thomas Bergersen snuck a 15 minute classical symphony into the middle of the album. smile
    -El Mexicano
    -Once Upon A Time
    -It's The Season For Love
    -Forgotten Realms

At the very least listen to "El Mexicano". It's one of the best things I've heard this year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2010
    They have a couple of new albums out, Power of Darkness and Illumina. I've heard it. Really good compositions.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2010
    they will also release a new album for the public. NEMESIS II. on youtube, you will find 4 songs from this upcoming album. they sound awesome. the best of the 4 are OCEAN PRINCESS and PROMISE. i'm looking forward to this release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2010
    Lars wrote
    they will also release a new album for the public. NEMESIS II. on youtube, you will find 4 songs from this upcoming album. they sound awesome. the best of the 4 are OCEAN PRINCESS and PROMISE. i'm looking forward to this release.

Yeah. Can't wait for it!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2010 edited
    Slight news update: Thomas' public album has been retitled, so no more calling it Nemesis II. It's now titled "Illusions."

I hope to finish [Illusions] 3-4 months from now... "Illusions" is not part of Two Steps From Hell, and will be released under my name. It will be sold on iTunes, Cdbaby and Amazon.com. It will have between 15 and 20 tracks, depending on how much I decide to scrap before the release smile The ones that I end up scrapping will however make it on to the upcoming Two Steps From Hell album called “Eclipse” so don’t worry about missing out on anything! You are correct in that “Starvation”, “Ocean Princess”, “Merchant Prince” and “Promise” are some of the tracks on the album.

Also, Thomas has a new, finished version of "Promise" that he's put up for download on his blog!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2010
    A bigger news update:

If Two Steps From Hell's Facebook page reaches 20,000 fans they will release Invincible and all future public releases on physical CDs. (Another public release will be coming sometime next summer, by the way.)

And they're at 11,640 something fans right now. Go!

http://www.facebook.com/twostepsfromhell

smile
  2. signed in, I hope they release it anyway, despite them reaching 20.000 or not
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2010
    I fanned them, but I'm not entirely convinced that their synth-based music will sound a whole lot different on CD than it does on MP3. Maybe the CD is just supposed to be a collector's item rather than a source of better sound quality.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  3. I would think that it's purely an advertisement campaign.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2010 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I would think that it's purely an advertisement campaign.
    One guy on their Facebook page accused them of trying to wring money out of people by bringing up the idea of a CD release so long after Invincible came out, thus "forcing" people to buy it twice. Meh. They were busy. I'd say they're definitely using this deal as an opportunity to grow their fanbase, but if that brings more people into trailer/film music that can only be a good thing. I think they're also double checking that it would be cost effective to produce physical CDs. If not, it could actually hurt them; take Globus for example.

But I'd say the main reason they're bothering at all is purely the fans. Every thread on their Facebook page, blog, etc. that mentions "Invincible" is plagued with fans demanding high quality CD releases. About half of fans polled on TMN said that they fully intended to buy Invincible, but they were still waiting for a CD release. (About 30% more said they'd bought digital but they'd buy a CD again anyway.) :P

And I do think it'd make a difference for a lot of tracks. Some of their tracks are more synth than others; a few of their tracks are entirely orchestral. Most of these haven't been released publicly yet, but I can dream. wink

Thomas Glorieux wrote
    signed in, I hope they release it anyway, despite them reaching 20.000 or not
    I kinda' think they will. And I'd like to know whether they're planning a CD release for "Imaginations" right off the bat. It's supposed to be out in about 3 months, so almost definitely before the 20,000 goal is reached.

That was a kind of unnecessarily long post, but hey. I guess I'm an a typing mood. :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2010
    That Globus thingy is ear-aching.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I love it. :shrug:
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's like Backstreet boys with synths wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I know, I thought the singing was totally cheesy when I first heard it. And then I saw the light and realized that it was amazing. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You saw the light? uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Cheese tastes very good in the light.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2010 edited
    New TSFH track up for download, a tribute to their fans: Together We Stand, Divided We Fall

It's time to give back to our fans for being so amazing!! "United We Stand, Divided We Fall", a tribute to our fanbase and the love for epic music! This track was composed by Thomas Bergersen for the upcoming Two Steps album "Eclipse" and features vocals by the wonderful Merethe Soltvedt!
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2010
    Feliz wrote
    New TSFH track up for download, a tribute to their fans: Together We Stand, Divided We Fall

I have listened to the track on repeat for a while now and it gets better and better. An excellent track. Two Steps From Hell are taking trailer music to a new level (IMO). I'm not sure if I even want to call it trailer music anymore. It's just music that kicks ass. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ranietz wrote
    Feliz wrote

I have listened to the track on repeat for a while now and it gets better and better. An excellent track. Two Steps From Hell are taking trailer music to a new level (IMO). I'm not sure if I even want to call it trailer music anymore. It's just music that kicks ass. punk

I agree. It's the DEFINITION of a kick-ass track.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Really? Must be listening to something else then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Really? Must be listening to something else then.

BOOOOOOH! You're no fun.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well i can help it, it sounds like all the other generic standard fun they've done all these years. I am in the mood for this kind of stuff, but it doesn't happen frequently. Bring me Conan instead! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well i can help it, it sounds like all the other generic standard fun they've done all these years. I am in the mood for this kind of stuff, but it doesn't happen frequently. Bring me Conan instead! wink

This is way beyond any MV clone I've heard. Those totally wild chord changes in the choir with that aggressive ostinato throbbing away. Awesome.

By the way, these are ALL samples - no acoustic instruments. Bergersen is known in the industry for being one of the world's very best orchestral mock-up guys!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote

yeah
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    Thor wrote
    By the way, these are ALL samples - no acoustic instruments. Bergersen is known in the industry for being one of the world's very best orchestral mock-up guys!

I think you're wrong Thor. Their first album was samples only. The rest is with real orchestra/choir/solo performers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    If the several albums I have from them are using real orchestra, it must be the worst recording job in the history of orchestral music!

Which is not to say it sounds bad - just doesn't sound like a real orchestra.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2010 edited
    It is possible that they are doing the synths layered over top of live orchestra RC/MV BS that's been going on for years!

If you truly want to hear the people who are making samples sound almost identical of a live orchestra check out Jeremy Soule's work on Guild Wars: Eye of the North and Christopher Drake's work especially on Wonder Woman. I can't imagine the processing power they need to create such authentic sounds.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!