• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Sad to hear of the golfer's death. He always seemed to be a very nice person when he was being interviewed on TV.

This made me particularly sad at the passing of Seve Ballesteros:

Apparently Seve's brother Baldomero said: "He said goodbye to us one by one. He took our hands and whispered to us, "I love you"."

sad
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2011
    Jeff Conaway just passed away at age 60, after an overdose.

Many of you probably know him best as Travolta's sidekick in GREASE or from the tv show TAXI, but personally I know him best as the security officer in BABYLON 5 (Garibaldi's second in command) for a period of time.

Way too early, of course, but as most who followed that celebrity rehab reality show knows, he's been struggling with drugs since the 80's.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Farewell, Matt Dilion.

James Arness, dead at 88.

Festus, Doc, and now Dilion. Well, that's all three of 'em. Not counting Kitty.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2011
    justin boggan wrote
    Farewell, Matt Dilion.

James Arness, dead at 88.

Festus, Doc, and now Dilion. Well, that's all three of 'em. Not counting Kitty.

Yikes!

I thought you were talking about Matt Dillon there for a second!
    I am extremely serious.
  3. LOL. Me too.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2011
    Considering I saw the Arness news days ago I too thought he was talking about Matt Dillon.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    British actor Roy Skelton, best known for the voice of Zippy from Rainbow and the Daleks in Dr. Who, has passed away.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13693811
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Whatever will George do?? sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. He did George too didn't he?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2011 edited
    Exactly! wink sad

He last did Zippy in an episode of ASHES TO ASHES ( 2008 )
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2011
    "Oh, just one more thing, ma'am."

Just one last thing.
    We lost Columbo today. Peter Falk died, age 83.

Will miss you, inspector. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. God rest his soul. A lot of good people has passed away this year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Composer Fred Steiner passed away a couple of days ago.
    He wrote some good music for the original Star Trek series.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Atham wrote
    Composer Fred Steiner passed away a couple of days ago.
    He wrote some good music for the original Star Trek series.

A fine hard working composer
    listen to more classical music!
  6. I enjoy Steiner's scores for Star Trek and the re-recordings he did of other composers works for that show.

His music for The Twilight Zone TV show is also of top quality.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2011
    And don't forget the theme to Perry Mason-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68XL74fMgF4

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Martijn wrote
    "Oh, just one more thing, ma'am."

Just one last thing.
    We lost Columbo today. Peter Falk died, age 83.

Will miss you, inspector. sad

I watched several Columbo episodes as a kid. A long time since I've seen the show though. Always weird to lose an actor one cared about, even when one personally didn't know them.

Peter smile
  7. I wonder how many people remember that the pilot to Columbo was directed by a then-unknown Steven Spielberg. Wasn't that his first professional assignment even?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I wonder how many people remember that the pilot to Columbo was directed by a then-unknown Steven Spielberg. Wasn't that his first professional assignment even?

Actually, it wasn't the pilot, but the first episode of the series proper.

He had done some other TV work prior to that, as well as the short AMBLIN'.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I wonder how many people remember that the pilot to Columbo was directed by a then-unknown Steven Spielberg. Wasn't that his first professional assignment even?

Yup, the episode with Robbie the Robot.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2011
    Thor wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

He had done some other TV work prior to that, as well as the short AMBLIN'.

Correctamundo! The first episode ( or Pilot ) was Prescription Murder, directed by ( I dunno??? ) but I do know it had a score by Dave Grusin.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2011 edited
    I was very saddened to hear of the passing of Peter Falk, a superb actor who gained legendary iconic status with Columbo.

Also the superb Fred Steiner who did great scores for The Twilight Zone and Star Trek.

Fred composed one of my all time favourite TV themes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paAIbMKb7eY

...and a "ghostly" version here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npB6IIXb … re=related
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2011 edited
    Lucian Freud

Grandson of Sigmund and world famous artist has died aged 88

This man, another of the great British eccentrics sure packed a life in, possibly fathering 40 children, countless affairs with women, he was also said to have travelled the London tube wearing a Fez and carrying a pet Falcon, he famously refused to paint people he didn't like and these included Pope John Paul II and Princess Diana, He once refused a request from Sir Andrew Llyod Webber to paint his wife Madeline , claiming he had been threatened by the composer with an offer of "free tickets to his shows" biggrin

The tales go on and on, this man led a truly full life.

Amy Winehouse

Aged 27

I've often mentioned my love for her two award winning albums over at the OT thread, man but what a waste of great talent, I even said that she wouldn't be long for this world ( I wasn't the only one by a long shot ) and it gives me no pleasure to be proven right.

Very, very sad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sorry to hear about Winehouse, but as Tim says....it wasn't exactly unexpected.

The news has been relegated to a minor newspiece here in Norway (for obvious reasons), but still sad, of course. A waste of talent and life.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Very expected, since.......

Jeered at gig (Video: http://www.nooz.gr/world/pe8ane-i-trago … -winehouse)

Last month, the north Londoner pulled out of the European tour after she was jeered at the first gig in Serbia for appearing too drunk to perform.

For 90 minutes, she mumbled through parts of songs and at times left the stage - leaving her band to fill in.

I didn't care for her or her music and it was evident right from the beginning where this would lead, but nevertheless it's a sad event to see a sad soul leave this world alone in this way.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2011
    Timmer wrote
    Lucian Freud

...he famously refused to paint people he didn't like and these included Pope John Paul II and Princess Diana...

My new hero!

Sad about Winehouse - so much talent, gone to waste.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    Very expected, since.......

Jeered at gig (Video: http://www.nooz.gr/world/pe8ane-i-trago … -winehouse)

Last month, the north Londoner pulled out of the European tour after she was jeered at the first gig in Serbia for appearing too drunk to perform.

For 90 minutes, she mumbled through parts of songs and at times left the stage - leaving her band to fill in.

I didn't care for her or her music and it was evident right from the beginning where this would lead, but nevertheless it's a sad event to see a sad soul leave this world alone in this way.

Sorry D but it wasn't "evident right from the begining where this would lead", she was darned healthy when she first burst onto the scene, coherent in interviews, giving great thouroughly professional concerts etc, there was nothing to suggest she would end up down the rocky road she eventually went, it was later when she had dramatic weight loss, continually botching her performances with drunk & drugged performances and multiple spells in rehab that things looked very worrying, followed by her relationships with drug dealing low life hangers on, her last few years have been a media focused car crash and to me it looked like she was in a living hell, from all this onwards it never looked like having any other ending than the sad one we all now hear about.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well she debuted in 2003 but until 2007 few people actually knew her, including me. From the beginning of her successful career burst in 2007 with the ""They tried to make me go to rehab, I said no, no, no," thing.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well she debuted in 2003 but until 2007 few people actually new kher, including me. From the beginning of her successful career burst in 2007 with the ""They tried to make me go to rehab, I said no, no, no," thing.

Yeah, but you're GREEK wink That's true though and she was already showing signs of being flakey by then. Here in UK quite a lot of people were already familiar with her from her brilliant debut album FRANK.
  8. Apparently she had recorded some new songs but her label did not like them. I wonder how long it will be before they cash in on her memory?