• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2011
    Bregt wrote
    Yes, he was. I read the news about his death on an iPhone.

Quite a story of life he has!

Same here, on my Ipod touch. And i used to be an apple hater but he's proven and shown to other companies, how to try and make better and far more innovative products for our money. In all aspects.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Products he created or products that were created by competitor products that would not be around because of his insight? Everyone!

I think that it was Jobs who was the driver of the innovation in Apple. I was told once that the Apple company is not a good model for how a company should do true innovation. It was an individual who was innovative and then the company was focused to deliver on a single man's innovative vision.

I am not sure how Apple will retain that "Innovation" label now that Jobs is gone.

Indeed, he removed Apple from the close and elitist circles of some professionals with insanely huge budgets for hardware, and brought out quality to the wider public, to each and everyone of us and was / still is one step ahead of everyone else, always.
  1. Sad to hear about Steve Jobs, though it doesn't come as a surprise. Many people have indeed gotten the news through the products he created

RIP sad
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2011
    Now then, now then...

Sir Jimmy Saville has died

Howsabout that!

I very saddened to hear this today, he was one of lifes great eccentrics and a big part of my childhood. sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Same here.

An unusual character who probably would not get on TV today.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2011
    Andy Rooney from 60 MINUTES has passed away, age 92.

An iconic tv crumudgeon, for sure.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Never heard of him?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Never heard of him?

Are you serious?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    shocked

Crikey. Bit of TV history there.
    Didn't even know he was still alive.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've only seen 60 Minutes a couple of times, it was always shown at some ungodly hour here in the UK hence my ignorance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2011 edited
    I always liked the Andy Rooney segments. It was basically like an old guy sitting on his porch complaining about what the world has come to. Very humourous and charming.

Peter
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    plindboe wrote
    I always liked the Andy Rooney segments. It was basically like an old guy sitting on his porch complaining about what the world has come to. Very humourous and charming.

Peter

Indeed. He's a bit like I picture many FSM members at times, you know like this.

I often post that pic when someone there goes on about a rant on how all film music sucks these days, and how it was so better back in the olden days of yore. It usually annoys them, but it amuses me immensely! :D
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2011 edited
    who ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    And he was an atheist too a Google search just informed me. Makes me like him more. wink

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2011
    Martijn wrote
    Alan, I think you hit the nail on the head.
    It should be interesting to see (from a business kind of view) where Apple goes now. Many analogies with 1996 when Apple was about dead after the Windows juggernaut really took off. It was Steve who pretty much single-handedly turned a wilting company around.

My fear obviously is that Apple will continue more and more on a monolithic path, just expanding on the products they already have. If so, they'll become another Microsoft....but far, far more proprietary...which would be damning.

agree.
    listen to more classical music!
  3. Re-reading some of the comments I am thinking, from a purely selfish reason (as I have no interest in any other Apple product at the moment), it would not be so bad to focus only on the iPod. How to increase capacity, maybe moving to flash/solid state hard disks (my terminology may be wrong), and keeping costs down would be a worthy focusing of Apple's attentions!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2011
    Very sad to hear of the passing, from Liver cancer, of one time world heavyweight champion and the first man to defeat the great Muhammed Ali, 'Smokin' Joe Frazier.

Only 67.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yup, sorry to hear that.

He was a legend in his own right.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Smokin' Joe...wouldn't have thought it possible that oak tree could ever be felled.
    At the very least I would have thought Ali would have gone first, with all the damage that man sustained and his ruined body and mind. sad

Very sad indeed.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2011 edited
    As far as I know there is nothing wrong with Ali's mind, it's his body and ability to speak that have been ruined.

As for 'mighty oaks', the evil of cancer can destroy even the mightiest of the mighty.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I can certainly identify with Ali and trying to get my thoughts out right. And when I get picked on it makes it worse for me.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    As far as I know there is nothing wrong with Ali's mind, it's his body and ability to speak that have been ruined.

I thought he had incurred (increasingly worsening) brain damage?
    I may be wrong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Brain damage is something they know little about. They can tell you that you have it but much of it is still a mystery.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

I thought he had incurred (increasingly worsening) brain damage?
    I may be wrong.

You are wrong. What he has is Parkinsons disease, though the link is Parkinsons brought on by pugilism.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I stand corrected.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2011
    Sadly this won't get much reaction here but RUSSELL GARCIA has passed away.

If it weren't so late I would play THE TIME MACHINE right now, a superb score to a superb film.

Good night Russ, your music meant a lot to me sad beer
  4. I found out last week by accident that one of my favorite vomedians had passed away last year, Robert Schimmel.

A cancer survivor, he was driving with his 19 daughter beinhd the wheel and an accident, reportedly with her not at fault, occured.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Timmer wrote

If it weren't so late I would play THE TIME MACHINE right now, a superb score to a superb film.

I enjoyed his work very much.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

Oh no, really?

That's too sad.

In recent years, I've always mentioned Garcia as one of the very last remaining composers from the Golden Age era (even though he isn't thought of as a Golden Age composer per se, starting his film music career a bit later), and also how strong and vibrant he seemed at his age. The man released a brand new jazz album just a couple of years ago! So I thought he would make it way past 100. Oh well, at least he got to live and full and rewarding life.

R.I.P.

I'll play his wonderful "Adventure in Emotion" in his honour today.
    I am extremely serious.