• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hkAfd2vBOI lol
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2011
    Steven wrote
    So long, cockbag.

Good riddance!

and here's more GOOD NEWS
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    So long, cockbag.

Good riddance!

and here's more GOOD NEWS

Ding jong the Il is dead,
    the stupid man with odd haped head.

Ah, the Black Panthers/New Black Panthers. Wonderful people.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2011
    Now, the other problem is which fucker is going to succeed him ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Demetris wrote

I think it's going to be Kim "Young One" or whatshisname, one of his sons.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Demetris wrote

The Kim is dead, long live the Kim.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2011
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Demetris wrote

The Kim is dead, long live the Kim.

You know there's some pretty hard evidence at the internet that he does stare at all kinds of strange objects here and there, like his great father did, so there might be a slight sign of light and hope for the near future, in all this misery...
  2. Well, they've already changed the basic structure of the rule, from Kim Dictatorship to something still not entirely freeing, but better.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2012
    Very saddened to hear of the passing of Etta James sad

Here's the song she'll be best remembered for
    AT LAST

And boy, what a voice she had.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2012
    A fantastic artist. Very sad news. sad

As terrible as the news is, I had to laugh at the unfortunately worded headline from the Daily Mail website yesterday: "At Last singer Etta James dies from leukemia". It was re-worded very soon afterwards.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2012
    I just heard that legendary Greek director Theo Angelopoulos died in a car accident.

Really sad news, as he's one of my favourite directors.

sad
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Doesn't come as a surprise the way people drive there, but yeah RIP, even though it's the first time I've heard of the man.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm not familiar with him? Perhaps D or Stavi can tell us more?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    He was one of the most significant film directors in the last 30 years, although if you're not into socalled 'arthouse films' (a term I don't like to use, as films are films!), you may not be very familiar with him.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2012 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Doesn't come as a surprise the way people drive there, but yeah RIP, even though it's the first time I've heard of the man.

Come on Gilles! Don't generalize!

Theodoros Angelopoulos was (I still can't believe the "was" part) the greatest greek director of the past 50 years and one of the most important European directors. He was killed while filming parts of his last movie call "The other sea". Unfortunately we will never see it. He had won many awards. Eleni Karaindrou wrote the music from most of his films. You may know this.
    If you come across any of his films like "The weeping meadow" "Eternity and a day" "The Dust of Time" or "Alexander" watch them. It's an experience.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Stavroula wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Doesn't come as a surprise the way people drive there, but yeah RIP, even though it's the first time I've heard of the man.

Come on Gilles! Don't generalize!

Theodoros Angelopoulos was (I still can't believe the "was" part) the greatest greek director of the past 50 years and one of the most important European directors. He was killed while filming parts of his last movie call "The other sea". Unfortunately we will never see it. He had won many awards. Eleni Karaindrou wrote the music from most of his films. You may know this.
    If you come across any of his films like "The weeping meadow" "Eternity and a day" "The Dust of Time" or "Alexander" watch them. It's an experience.

Absolutely. And ULYSSES' GAZE, probably his most famous film.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    You are right! "The beekeeper" as well and "The Suspended Step of the Stork". He will be so missed.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Eleni's score are beautiful, and some are very melancholic. I don't listen enough to her work.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2012
    He was a teacher in universities in Paris where he lived and created during the last 20 years and he came to Greece just to shoot films, he was really into the politics of the whole cinema scene in Greece, and head / lead of a lot of chairman positions; he was very active, he created a school of thought and was loved but also hated by many. Surely a great auteur and Eleni Karaindrou's mentor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote

Yeah; cause accidents do not happen anywhere else. Besides, it was obviously the man's fault. He was 77 and swamped with the production of the film (he was on set) and for a glimpse of a second, his thought was elsewhere and seemingly stepped into the big avenue without looking first.
  4. I'm sorry if I've said something to upset the fine greek drivers around here. Sometimes my fingers are already typing when my brain lags behind still trying to compute what needs to be said. One of my many flaws. shame
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2012 edited
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16727853

sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yes, I read about that yesterday, but dimply didn't have the energy to put more bad news in here.

I didn't know he lived in Holland.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. Tonight the news broke that Whitney Houston has died, aged 48.

Her voice will be sorely missed for sure.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2012
    Just read it.

That is beyond sad.

What did you DO, girl?
    sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  6. It's a sad end to a career that seemed to go off the rails somewhat towards the latter stages of her life. At her height she had a voice that very few of her contemporaries could match. But - certainly to me - her more recent publicity tended to be all negative. I can't honestly say when her last success in music actually was (didn't she try to make a comeback but her touring wasn't too successful?)

But, 48 is far too young an age...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  7. May God rest her soul. So many talented singers are dying.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Just read it.

That is beyond sad.

What did you DO, girl?
    sad

Married Bobby Brown!?

Very sad, fantastic voice and fantastic looks before she got into crack and shit. Very sad indeed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    When the lights dim, these people become the saddest existences on earth and die alone in a corner. Very sad.
  8. sad to hear about the death of Whitney Houston, but it's not a surprise. Sad really, you think that person has everything her heart desires (money, talent, opportunities), and yet something drove her to do something this crazy.

May she find the peace she was perhaps looking for in the afterlife shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh