• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2008
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ … index.html

A true Great has gone , we love ya Mr Newman, RIP. sad
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2009
    First No.6 and now KHAN.

Ricardo Montalban who'll forever be known as Khan in Star Trek TOS and Trek II : The Wrath of Khan and, of course, TV series Fantasy Island.

Two very iconic actors sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2009 edited
    Is No. 6 the actor called Patrick McGoohan? DAMN... And Ricardo Montalban as well... Oh man, these guys played two of my most-loved villains in the movies Braveheart and Star Trek II.

R.I.P. these very talented men.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    Is No. 6 the actor called Patrick McGoohan? DAMN... And Ricardo Montalban as well... Oh man, these guys played two of my most-loved villains in the movies Braveheart and Star Trek II.

R.I.P. these very talented men.

Yeah, sorry I didn't make it clear Gilles. Both actors will be known for very iconic roles.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    First No.6 and now KHAN.

Ricardo Montalban who'll forever be known as Khan in Star Trek TOS and Trek II : The Wrath of Khan and, of course, TV series Fantasy Island.

Two very iconic actors sad

Yeah, I recently heard about Montalbán. That's a shame. sad But ah well.
  1. Farrah Fawcet

Didn't know her that well, yet 62 is terribly young !!

Rest in peace.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. DreamTheater wrote
    Farrah Fawcet

Rest in peace.

she got married just mere days before she evidently passed away, like she knew it shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Farrah Fawcet

Rest in peace.

she got married just mere days before she evidently passed away, like she knew it shame

Yes, I remember reading about this also.

Will always be one of the original Charlie's Angel.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009
    Damn!.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    A celebrated artist and 'gay icon' here in Belgium, Yasmine, also died. What a weird day.
    Kazoo
  4. Martijn wrote
    Damn!.

It looks likely that he has died but at the moment it hasn't yet been confirmed?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    It's strange it comes as a shock even though I've never been a fan.

RIP.

Shame for his fans that he didn't get to do those goodbye concerts.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    It looks likely that he has died but at the moment it hasn't yet been confirmed?

News here says he's definitely dead.

Peter smile
  5. plindboe wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

News here says he's definitely dead.

Peter smile

Well, that's a shame. He gave us some of the greatest pop tracks around.

I can't help feeling he's now free from all the staring and pointing that he's had more and more over the years (mostly brought on by his own actions.)

R.I.P.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    He brought us some great songs. But what an advert for the dangers of extreme fame. He and Elvis - both destroyed by the thing they were so good at.
  6. I can't believe it, I'm literally speechless. I never saw this coming, sure he wasn't healthy but it goes to show that even MJ is not a god (I take my words back from a few weeks ago sad )

Still, a tremendous loss for the die hard fans and people who grew up listening to his immortalised songs. I guess he's moonwalking his way to that other place right about now...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Was never fan, but still a shame; he was still young.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    But too broken.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Indeed; all that stuff he made to himself were part of what obviously killed him. I'd say he was dead for almost 20 years now already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Out of respect for the (shockingly shocked ) high number of Jackson fans on the forum, I will refrain from posting any of the truly abysmal jokes my friends have already sent me in astonishing quantities on his passing.

I think my restraint is a fitting tribute for a man who knew none.

And that's quite enough of that. I was touched more by Farah's death anyway.
  7. Why a (shockingly shocked ) high number Martijn? No really, why shouldn't this man have such a high number of fans, when he made such an impact and affected the lives of millions of people. We're not mentally ill or diagnosed with brain disorder just because we love his work... sad

Still thanks for you restraint. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Why a (shockingly shocked ) high number Martijn?

> 1

...when he made such an impact and affected the lives of millions of people.
    We're not mentally ill or diagnosed with brain disorder just because we love his work... sad

You are baiting me, Sir, and as I just just go another doozie of a joke in, my finger is hovering dannnngerously close to the copy/paste keyboard button combination....
  8. rolleyes

At times your posts just raise a huge question mark above my head, and my ability to respond in any sufficient manner is quickly reduced to non-existent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009 edited
    And yet I am clear and concise, never use too many subordinate clauses or commas (or parentheses as the case may be), and never ever losing track of what, especially in cases where a great number of subordinate clauses (or commas, OR parenthese -indicating an even deeper level of subordination- for that matter!), may be construed as convoluted, yes, even mildly verbose expressions of what I wanted to say clearly and concisely in the first place!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    And yet I am clear and concise, never use too many subordinate clauses or commas (or parentheses as the case may be), and never ever losing track of what, especially in cases where a great number of subordinate clauses (or commas, OR parenthese -indicating an even deeper level of subordination- for that matter!), may be construed as convoluted, yes, even mildly verbose expressions of what I wanted to say clearly and concisely in the first place!

I love this shit! punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    "affected the lives of millions of people"

More cheese on the way. Sorry i'll shut up now.
  9. Bregt wrote
    A celebrated artist and 'gay icon' here in Belgium, Yasmine, also died. What a weird day.

yeah, was quite a shock
    so unexpecting
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2009
    Actor Karl Malden has just passed away at age 97.

Although not the best known actor (most Americans will probably best remember him from the TV series The Streets Of San Francisco), I always enjoyed seeing him on screen. Very memorable (if only through his twice-broken nose), he always turned in a solid appearance.

Thanks Karl.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2009
    I always enjoyed watching him. A fine actor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2009
    Enjoyed Malden also
    listen to more classical music!