• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2014
    Oh man I'm sad to hear this news.

Good night Harold Shand....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27224995
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    I was just watching him in Hook too! Very sad!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Indeed, sad news. I had no idea he was sick.

He's been immortalized in a handful of famous roles from famous films. Hard to say what my favourite is -- a toss-up between BRAZIL and THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY, maybe.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. R.I.P. sad
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bloomin' eck. shocked
    That's way too young! sad

How good an actor he was underneath that cockney veneer really hit home in The Long Good Friday, especially at the harrowing end, where he runs a gamut of emotions, all without dialogue.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Great performance, great film.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. I knew he was sick, but still. RIP Bob Hoskins sad
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. has passed away (1918-2014).

He will forever be the voice of Alfred Pennyworth on "Batman: The Animated Series", to me.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. Another talented (and under used) composer passes away young:
    http://filmmusicreporter.com/2014/05/09 … ies-at-56/
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. Never heard of him.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woiman" sampler:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9veJBw58Ys
  7. Hans Rudolf Giger, the designer of ALIEN is dead.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2014
    Oh gosh!
    A landmark visual designer. One of he few who have left a lasting, indelible impression on the landscape of science fiction/horror. A true game changer.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Terrible news -- a massive inspiration to me and many others. The xenomorph still haunts me in my nightmares to this day!
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Captain Future wrote
    Hans Rudolf Giger, the designer of ALIEN is dead.

I know, I just read. his legacy will live on, that's for damn sure. RIP
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Oh gosh!
    A landmark visual designer. One of he few who have left a lasting, indelible impression on the landscape of science fiction/horror. A true game changer.

I couldn't say it better. sad
  9. Truly inspirational art. Shaped my childhood. RIP crazy artist man!
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Shaped your childhood? I dread to think how much you've spent on therapy!
  10. One day, I had my therapist over for dinner. He went down a treat.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  11. I just noticed Rocky Moriana passed away (February 5). Like me, some of you ,particularly older members, no doubt have seen his name on a number of TV series as music editor or music supervisor, going back to the 1960's. He was in his 80's.

According to his IMDb, which could be out of date, he is survived by a wife and four children.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2014
    M@therf*cker!! shocked
    Just 56?
    That's just not right. sad

Here's to the proper Men Behaving Badly.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh what!!? Shocked! Honestly shocked!! sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2014 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Oh what!!? Shocked! Honestly shocked!! sad

Flashheart
  12. I'm gonna slam my girlfriends head in the fridge tonight... in his memory of course.

Have a great time up there Rik!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A quote from Ade Edmondson tonight...

"And now he's died for real. Without me. Selfish bastard."
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I rather like John Cleese's reaction when an interviewer mentions that it's a shame Graham Chapman can't be here tonight: "He's dead. Stone fucking dead."
  13. No, no, he's just resting.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2014 edited
    Really sorry to hear of the passing of actor Francis Matthews.

The name won't mean much to many here.

He'll be fondly remembered amongst us Hammer Film fans and also as the voice of Captain Scarlet.

Cary Grant
  14. I hadn't realised that he was the voice of the Captain! I remember him from the Hammer films though.

The death of Sam Kelly was also sad to hear.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2014