• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2014
    Sorry to hear that, but he was blessed with an amazingly long life. What are some other good roles beyond THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY, in your guys' opinion?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2014
    Well, I really enjoyed seeing him in The Magnificent Seven and McKenna's Gold (hm...that's a bit western-centric, isn't it?)

Always loved his walk-ons on TV shows like ER and Law & Order and some earlier stuff (can't remember now? In the vicinity of Hillstreet Blues or Columbo) and later films (Wall Street II and The Ghost Writer).

In fact the only role of his I didn't enjoy was his stint on 60's Batman as Mr. Freeze. Both George Sanders and Otto Preminger were much better (as they portrayed the character as a more menacing, less manic villain).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Southall wrote
    RIP Eli Wallach - 98 years old.

I loved him in The Holiday, he was so amazing in it. But checking out his projects, the man did so much shocked

RIP shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2014
    Eli Wallach and Bobby Womack sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Farewell, Bob Hastings. Known to some of us fondly as Commisioner Gordon on "Batman: The Animated Series" and some of the subsequent follow-ups.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. Dave Legeno of Harry Potter fame passed away at just 50:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/harry-pott … ml?src=rss
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2014
    Can't say I remember him but what an awful end. Only 50?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. "Lorin Maazel, widely seen as one of the greatest modern conductors of classical music, has died in the US, aged 84." (BBC)

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-28287217

I loved watching him conduct. I highly recommend his "Ring Without Words".

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2014
    Very sad. I have a number of his recordings.
  5. R.I.P. to James Garner. I loved The Rockford Files as a kid.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2014
    Aw no, I liked James Garner sad

I didn't know he had a fight with Clint Eastwood?

He was also a major player as 'The Scrounger' in The Great Escape.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2014
    He left quite a list of works such as Maverick, Americanization of Emily, The Notebook, and My Name is Bill W to name just a few.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  6. Lead trumpeter for the LSO (as well as over a 120 scores), died in a car accident a few days ago:

http://www.lso.co.uk/rod_franks
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  7. Film composer Giorgio Gaslini passed away a few days ago.
  8. Film composer Peter Sculthorpe has passed away.

April 29, 1929 to August 8, 2014
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2014
    Robin Williams has died, apparently by suicide. Very sad. Only 63.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    WHAT!!!? shocked sad
  9. That's very sad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    Robin Williams has died, apparently by suicide. Very sad. Only 63.

WHAT?!?!?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    That is indeed sad. It's always so cruel to know that a person who made people laugh and made you feel good, had so much troubles. RIP.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2014 edited
    I hope the silver lining to this dark cloud is that it raises awareness of the seriousness of mental disorders like this. sad Severe depression is to a 'bad mood' as throat cancer is to a 'bad cough'.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    There were a great many performances of his I really, really liked.
    There were a great many performances of his that really, really annoyed me.

But that's neither here nor there. I think at the end of the day Steven's conclusion is absolutely the one thing that hits home like a hammer:
    Steven wrote
    I hope the silver lining to this dark cloud is that it raises awareness of the seriousness of mental disorders like this. sad Severe depression is to a 'bad mood' as throat cancer is to a 'bad cough'.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^That!

I can't even imagine what severe depression is like? In the last 20 years I've personally known four people who killed themselves because of this, one was a good friend, the other three were friendly acquaintances. One gassed himself in his car, one hung himself and the other two threw themselves off of Bristol's Clifton Suspension Bridge ( one of UK's top suicide spots ). What demons can drive anyone to these extremes is beyond me and the repercussions to the living is an awful thing to go through that is never resolved.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's a difficult disorder to diagnose (as this sentence is to say), particularly as those who really do suffer from it are generally the ones you would least expect to have it. It's not like having a broken bone where you can suitably rely on others to ensure you get the help and treatment you need. It's far, far worse because it's a truly personal battle.
  10. I always think that it's a sign of how dark a place depression is when someone has such a disregard of the ones they love that they can take their own life, leaving others to pick up the pieces.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  11. very sad news about Robin Williams. You often wonder how a man (who is known about his laughs and jokes) had to battle a dark personal battle, considering he made everyone else so happy. RIP Peter Banning sad
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  12. People who take their live in the course of sever depression do not act upon their own free will. They die of depression as others may die of cancer. I believe such a deed eludes any moral judgement.

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2014
    Lauren Bacall

A true legend.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The lady has some unforgettable lines in the pictures.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Robin Williams' death is indeed very tragic, and way too soon! Spent all night yesterday watching Robin Williams clips on YouTube. I found him especially funny in his talkshow appearances and his stand-up shows, where his great improv/ad-libbing skills really were displayed. He really was a tour-de-force of jokes.

Rest in peace.