• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2014
    Timmer wrote
    Lauren Bacall

A true legend.

Read in a newspaper today that upon being forced to watch The Twilight saga by her granddaughter and her granddaughter saying 'it's the greatest vampire movie ever', Bacall said 'I felt like taking my shoe off and bashing her on the head with it'.

punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2014
    sounds like Bacall
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2014
    It does.
    Grand opinionated, strong-willed dame at any age.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Bogie called her "slim"
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    And everyone else called her "Bogey's Baby". smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2014
    I like the name "slim" as it seemed to be a personal name that the two of them shared.
    Tom
  1. Artworks wrote
    Robin Williams' death is indeed very tragic, and way too soon! Spent all night yesterday watching Robin Williams clips on YouTube. I found him especially funny in his talkshow appearances and his stand-up shows, where his great improv/ad-libbing skills really were displayed. He really was a tour-de-force of jokes.

Rest in peace.

watched World's Greatest Dad this weekend, not the Robin Williams film to see so soon after his suicide. Jeezus the stuff you see there makes you think whether it was in his mind already after having done that film (ps film goes about the suicide (hanging) of his son)
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Don Pardo, the announcer for Saturday Night Live, dead at 96.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2014
    RIP Richard Attenborough - great actor, director and patron of the arts in the UK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28923074
  3. Sir. After careful consideration I decided to endorse all of your films. R.I.P
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  4. Legend.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2014
    Is it churlish to want to let my Facebook and Twitter connections know that in his 60-year career he did in fact do things other than appear in an extended cameo in Jurassic Park?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  5. I think people should know about that indeed.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2014 edited
    Southall wrote
    Is it churlish to want to let my Facebook and Twitter connections know that in his 60-year career he did in fact do things other than appear in an extended cameo in Jurassic Park?

Not a great cameo at that, he kept forgetting he's Scottish.

Pinkie in BRIGHTON ROCK, his creepy as f**k performance as British serial killer John Reginald Christie in 10 RILLINGTON PLACE ( the fact it's based on real life makes it far beyond the Hannibal Lector nonsense ) a stand out character in THE GREAT ESCAPE, the very little seen SEANCE ON A WET AFTERNOON ( excellent and very creepy John Barry score ), THE SAND PEBBLES, and also directed some bloody fine films. A younger generation might, but I never, think of Jurassic Park when I think of Richard Attenborough. ( I just think DINOSAURS wink )

A sad loss.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    He walked past me in Las Ramblas in Barcelona. Looking very dapper he did.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    very talented man
    Tom
  6. GANDHI is, imo, one of the greatest films of the last 40 years. I love that film, and it is such an accomplishment. I also think that CRY FREEDOM and SHADOWLANDS were very good. So I guess it's his work as a director that moved me most. He did make a good John Hammond, though smile. And a good Santa Clause!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote

For me, he will always be John Hammond in JURASSIC PARK, first and foremost, and I'm not embarrased to say so. That film meant everything to me, and still does (and not because of the dinosaurs).

However, that doesn't mean I don't appreciate his other work, both acting and directing.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Southall wrote

Yes. Whilst Jurassic Park is a great film... go and see Ghandi. An incredibly beautiful, emotional and important film.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    He is dreadful in Jurassic Park.
  8. No, he isn't. And it's more than a cameo.
    Of course "Ghandi" is great. It's the same with Alec Guinness. He is chiefly remebred for "Star Wars", isn't he?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    No, he's absolutely wonderful in JP.

But of course, for him it was a rather run-of-the-mill performance. I still think his best role is 10 RILLINGTON PLACE. Never seen BRIGHTON ROCK, which everyone seems to rave about.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Captain Future wrote
    It's the same with Alec Guinness. He is chiefly remebred for "Star Wars", isn't he?

By philistines, yes. But you're right, that's a decent comparison.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    I still think his best role is 10 RILLINGTON PLACE.

Indeed it is. Also, check out Séance On A wet Afternoon if you get the chance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2014
    I enjoyed his role as Santa Claus in the remake of "Miracle on 34th St."
    Tom
  9. German actor Gottfried John passed away aged 72.
    He was a popular and respected actor both on screen and on stage in his native Germany. Among other directors he worked with Volker Schlöndorff and Rainer Werner Fassbinder. Internationally best known he is for his role in JB 007 Goldeneye. Later he would do a ridiculous funny potrayal of Julius Ceasar in the live action Asterix adaptations alongside Gérade Depardieu.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2014 edited
    94 is a bloody darn good innings.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29051180

He directed entertaining western BANDOLERO ( fine Goldsmith score ) and one of my favourite 'boys own' war films THE WILD GEESE ( excellent Roy Budd score...check it out, it's worth it. though unfortunately not on Spotify )
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2014
    don't really remember him.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2014
    Broadsword calling Danny boy...

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/au … n-g-hutton