• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I couldn't name a single song he's done.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. His classic version of The Beatles' With a Little Help from My Friends is a particular classic.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2014
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I couldn't name a single song he's done.

I guarantee you've heard a few but just couldn't put an artist name to them.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2014
    He sung 'Love Lives On' featured in Bruce Broughton's Harry And The Hendersons soundtrack.
  3. I am sure that you are right Tim.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Composer Patrick Gowers has passed away. As one FSM user posted today:

According to Christopher Gunning's Facebook post, composer Patrick Gowers has passed away.

Patrick Gowers was probably best known for his British Television work (Sherlock Holmes, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Smiley's People, etc.).

According to Mr. Gunning, "He suffered a devastating stroke some 7-8 years ago, and remained partially paralysed; the last few years of his life were thus spent in a nursing home; he was well looked after but felt desperately depressed and frustrated."

Such a sad loss to ring in the new year.

I was especially fond of his score for the Glenda Jackson film, STEVIE, about poet Stevie Smith.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXBPAMLg9eg

James
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. Sad news. I have the Sherlock Holmes score and like it a lot.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2015 edited
    Australian actor Rod Taylor, the fact he's been in two of my favourite films ( both of which are mentioned in the title of the link I posted ) makes his passing very sad for me despite the fact he's lived to a good age.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/rod-t … 201396390/
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2015
    He was Australian? shocked
    He was still alive???? shocked shocked shocked

For some reason I though he was much older (mainly because I tended to peg him in the fifties rather than the sixties). And I thought he was American. shame
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I didn't recognize the name per se (at first I thought Rod Steiger, but he passed several years ago), but then I googled him and of course I recognized the face.

I wasn't aware, however, that he played Churchill in INGLORIOUS BASTERDS -- apparently his last film role. He looked very different in old age.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Which books did he take this time?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2015 edited
    confused
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    confused

A reference to The Time Machine, Thor wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2015 edited
    ANITA EKBERG sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2015
    Edgar Froese, the founder of Tangerine Dream, has passed away at only 71!

Rather shocking news to me, being a lifelong fan. sad

https://www.facebook.com/TANGERINEDREAM.OFFICIAL
    I am extremely serious.
  7. O shit! sad

In recent years he basically was TD. One of the great pioneers of electronic music.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2015
    Oh shit! Really saddened to hear this. I like a lot of TG works. sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2015 edited
    And now Demis Roussos sad

TALES OF THE FUTURE

Roussos did a lot of work with Vangelis, this is one of my favourites, beautiful and other-worldly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2015
    I've never been a fan...well, let's be honest, I really liked nothing he ever managed to squeeze out of his bulk...but he sort of was a fixture in the "James Last"-ish niche of popular culture, I guess.
    And it's always slightly melancholy losing a figurehead.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  8. Gosh darn it! sad

He was a hugely talented singer, and a multi-lingual one. Not only did he sing in his native Greek and in English, he rose to stardom in Germany during the 70s with German songs and was successful in France in the following decades.
    His work with Vangelis really shines.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2015
    Steve Strange, only 55.

Lead singer of Visage, a seminal 80's sound

FADE TO GRAY
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2015
    TONY HART

Hugely talented and very inspirational to my very young self.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    TONY HART

Hugely talented and very inspirational to my very young self.

Um, this article was from 2009 shame And there I was thinking I was sure he was already dead, I should have gone with my instincts and looked at the date. Also, a tribute from Rolf Harris really should have made me suspicious but I'm blaming it all on having a snotty nose and a bunged up head.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Great. Now you're coming on here and sharing your germs with us!
    Thag you very buch!

Seriously though, we all hate colds. Hope you're feeling better soon!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    smile

I'm starting to feel bedder already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I hear homeopathy works.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Have you tried prayer?
  9. Timmer wrote

But I'm blaming it all on having a snotty nose and a bunged up head.

You too? I'm slowly getting better. Glad to hear, that you do too. smile
  10. Reportedly Lenord Nimoy has passed away, just a few weeks after being hospitalized:
    http://tvline.com/2015/02/27/leonard-ni … star-trek/
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  11. He was so great as Spock. It has always been a pleasure to watch him in that role, even in the worst of Star Trek films. I know he's done other work, but he'll always be Spock to me.