• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. It may have been on when I was a lot younger. But never wanted to watch it.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. See it. The story is great, the cinematography is great as is the cast. Greatest of all is the seminal score by Maurice Jarre. "Lara's Theme" was a smash hit back than. Everyone recorded a version (e.g. James Last) and there was even a vocal version. "Somewhere, My Love."

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  3. Captain Future wrote
    See it. The story is great, the cinematography is great as is the cast. Greatest of all is the seminal score by Maurice Jarre. "Lara's Theme" was a smash hit back than. Everyone recorded a version (e.g. James Last) and there was even a vocal version. "Somewhere, My Love."

Volker

Probably not. No interest in the story and Jarre is one of my least favourite composers.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2015
    Do you have an aversion to classic films Alan? wink

It's considered a classic and rightly so IMO. Jarre's score is great and far more than that theme, though if you don't like Jarre nothing I say will change your opinion.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2015
    The Last Valley ( fantastic score by John Barry ) is also great and highly underrated.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. No, nothing against classic films. smile I just don't drool when the "classic" label appears (and that's not to suggest that other people do.)

I have lots of classic films and even music that I am indifferent about.
  5. Film Music Reporter is citing a Variety article that film/TV composer Van Alexander has passed away, at the age 100.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2015/07/19 … 1915-2015/

And episode of a TV series he scored:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZMUMAkEuGk
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. Yvonne Craig, AKA: annoying Batgirl, has passed away at the age of 78.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2015
    I never found the Batgirl character to be a boon for the show (in fact it really started its decline), but yeah, she is completely fixed in my mind as a 28 year old...so I was kinda shocked to read she was in her late seventies ("how is that possible?").
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2015
    Wes Craven is dead.

Came as somewhat of a shock to me, as I didn't even know he was sick.

He was one of my favourite directors in the horror genre -- smart and educated, and made use of it in his films.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    And Oliver Sacks. Genius neurologist and so funny as Manuel in Fawlty Towers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2015 edited
    Ha! Funny man. Must admit I had to google it. Andrew Sachs had many qualities, but a neurologist he was not.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    Andrew Sachs had many qualities, but a neurologist he was not.

In addition to still being very much alive!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2015 edited
    Sad to hear about Wes Craven, I enjoyed a few of his films.

No love here for Dean Jones?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/d … k_20150902

He was a big part of my childhood, most famously in the Herbie films. sad

Oh, and a great excuse to put this theme up The Love Bug, musicians are kicking ass on this one!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2015
    Passed me by.
    Disney non-cartoon films have never held much appeal to me , I'm afraid.

...until December 2015 that is...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2015
    That said, George Bruns is DA BOMB!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2015 edited
    Sad to hear of the passing of Anthony Valentine

A fine British actor who, for me, was most memorable as one of the nastiest and slimiest of Nazis, Major Horst Mohn in the 1970's TV series COLDITZ
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2015
    Never seen Colditz...amazingly! shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2015 edited
    A lot of fake "Rock Gods" out there. Lemmy wasn't one of them. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35192060

Silver Machine

The Ace of Spades, what a legend!
  7. I only know Mötorhead of that one tune (Ace of Spades). And it's okay, just not great. Was he really a legend?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2015
    Yes. He really, really was.

Christ....he only learned he was (that) ill three days ago....sad Fuck.
  8. DreamTheater wrote
    I only know Mötorhead of that one tune (Ace of Spades). And it's okay, just not great. Was he really a legend?

Absolutely. Mötorhead, Black Sabbath and Judas Priest basically invented the heavy metal/hard rock sound between them in the late 1970s (which the Sex Pistols then adapted to invent punk). Every single metal band was influenced by them in some way, whether it be musically, visually (the look), or conceptually - the topics of the songs.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A blood transfusion from Lemmy would have killed anybody except Keith Richards.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Yes. He really, really was.

Christ....he only learned he was (that) ill three days ago....sad Fuck.

I saw Motorhead at Glastonbury this year, he looked frail and poorly, it was well known to us behind the scenes that his time on this planet was limited sad
  9. Jon Broxton wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    I only know Mötorhead of that one tune (Ace of Spades). And it's okay, just not great. Was he really a legend?

Absolutely. Mötorhead, Black Sabbath and Judas Priest basically invented the heavy metal/hard rock sound between them in the late 1970s (which the Sex Pistols then adapted to invent punk). Every single metal band was influenced by them in some way, whether it be musically, visually (the look), or conceptually - the topics of the songs.

I heard some other songs... not at all my thing. Give me Iron Maiden any day of the week.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I've never been into old-school metal either (I'm more of a Rammstein kind of guy in that respect), but I can surely appreciate their position and influence in music history.
    I am extremely serious.
  10. The only kind of Metal (or Hard Rock) that ever appealed to me was Nightwish. And even that only to a limited extend.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2015
    Nightwish was always a bit cheesy to me.
    I am extremely serious.
  11. NEVER read the lyrics of Nightwish songs. When you realize that misheard lyrics actually make more sense than the real ones... that's something.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  12. Some of the rock bands I'm into: Iron Maiden, Dream Theater (obviously, best band ever cool ), Metallica, Soundgarden, Within Temptation, Cranberries, Manowar, and lately Pink Floyd and Porcupine Tree.