• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Thor wrote
    Nightwish was always a bit cheesy to me.

Nightwish rules punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Spock's Beard could be for you then, Gilles.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  3. Wayne Rogers, who played Trapper on the TV series "M*A*S*H", passedaway yesterday at the age of 82.

Browsing his IMDb page, I see his first credit was as a soldier in a bar, in a 1959 film, and his last one was in 2003.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0737257/reference
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2016
    Vilmos Zsigmond has passed away at age 85, one of the greatest cinematographers who ever lived, IMO:

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/vilmo … 201670799/

I had the great fortune of interviewing him just two years ago, and ask him about some of my favourite work of his (CLOSE ENCOUNTERS, IMAGES, De Palma stuff):

http://montages.no/2013/09/vi-har-mott- … -zsigmond/
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2016
    •  
      CommentAuthorWashu
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2016 edited
  4. Oh no. He was one of the most talented guys in the business. I will miss him.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2016 edited
    Not a fan but I acknowledge his place in musical history.

Favorite songs:

China Girl + Under Pressure (the version with Annie Lennox is to die for) shame

R.I.P. Mr. Bowie
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2016
    Never a big fan either, but my God, what a talent and iconic figure! Sad news, and impressive that he managed to keep his illness secret for all that time.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Plus the fact there's one less human on this planet with differently coloured eyes. I've always wondered if that was natural.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.

6. just read about it too, sad to hear that. Never knew he had cancer sad
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Very sad to hear this! So glad I got to see him in concert a few years back. What a show!
    RIP good Sir!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm a big fan. GUTTED! sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. I'm currently interning for an English-language magazine in Berlin and given Bowie's connection to the city it's all anyone's talking about. I was never personally "into" him really but he was certainly a legend. sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Plus the fact there's one less human on this planet with differently coloured eyes. I've always wondered if that was natural.

Yes, it's natural. Caused by a childhood accident, he wasn't born with it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. Thomas Glorieux wrote

just read about it too, sad to hear that. Never knew he had cancer sad

I don't think anyone knew outside of his close friends and relatives.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It was known. It was to what extent that wasn't known to the public.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2016
    Only started to really appreciate Bowie's music in the past few years. A great talent, no doubt.

Sad news.
  9. In leiu of flowers, they've asked you send nothing. Tra la la.

Still love that quote. Bowie in the film "Labyrinth" still remains one of my favorite movie villains.

I enjoyed a number of his songs from the film. But I sampled a small number from his other works and didn't care for them. And even though he did a little scoring, I've yet to actually sample a single score he did.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2016
    Bowie talking about the impact and potential of the Internet 15 years ago. Smart guy.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2016
    Steven wrote
    Bowie talking about the impact and potential of the Internet 15 years ago. Smart guy.

He always was.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...can't the same about the dickhead interviewing him.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2016 edited
    Steven wrote
    ...can't the same about the dickhead interviewing him.

biggrin

There's a famous interview from the 80's with Russell Harty ( a second rate Michael Parkinson most famous for being multiply-slapped by Grace Jones ) which is excruciating to watch, Bowie humours his cretinous questions with good grace. ( it is on YT, I wouldn't bother EDIT: It's almost worth watching for a lesson in 'how not to interview' wink )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ah fuck it! Go on, cringe away
  10. Alan Rickman... Apparently. I liked him. sad
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2016
    WHAT? shocked
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Seems to be true.
    M*therf*cker...this year is NOT off to a brilliant start. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    69 is the new 27 slant

Yeah, it's true. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35313604

Yippee ki-Yay, Hans! sad
  11. He was an exceptional thief. And actor. RIP. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Geezes, what the hell is going on?!?
    I am extremely serious.