• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSynchrotones
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2016 edited
    The UK has been remembering William Shakespeare who suddenly and unexpectedly died ...400 years ago.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2016 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    cry

Oh and [spoiler]Han Solo is DEAD[/spoiler]

great fucking read this now crazy

Oh c'mon dude, that's why there's a spoiler, but I should've mentioned TFA related. sad shame

At least it's in the right topic. cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2016
    What, Thomas, you haven't seen THE FORCE AWAKENS yet?
    I am extremely serious.
  1. I didn't see it until it released on blu-ray (which was over 1 week ago). smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. Thor wrote

Like my brother, I was waiting for the Blu-ray release. Sad in a way yes, considering I saw all the latest 3 Star Wars films in the cinema. Ah, but the best cinema is at home no?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2016 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thor wrote

Like my brother, I was waiting for the Blu-ray release. Sad in a way yes, considering I saw all the latest 3 Star Wars films in the cinema. Ah, but the best cinema is at home no?

In terms of nosiy and stupid moviegoers, yes. But some films, I just need to see in the cinema, like STAR WARS. I'm fortunate in that I can attend press screenings with minimal noise from fellow moviegoers, but sometimes I like to get the 'vibe' of a public screening as well. I saw TFA twice in the cinema -- one at the press screening and another in a regular screening.

How did we get here? Weren't we discussing Prince's demise?
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thor wrote

The only thing that is sad at waiting for films until 4-5 months after they're out in cinema's is the heightened risk of reading major spoilers. Isn't that right bro? wink tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2016
    Isao Tomita sad

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 … ay/.101895

I expect that like myself a number of you here will have had some of his albums.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Yup. Four I guess. Sad news.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Aw Jeez! sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    One of those composers/artists whose name I've always known, but very rarely checked out their music. Sorry to hear about his death.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. I've only really heard a couple of his scores. One of them is Kakushi-Ken: Oni No Tsume (The Hidden Blade), and it has a beautiful theme, part of which can be heard in this trailer: https://youtu.be/HPrhYsuZSiY
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2016
    He really wasn't a film composer primarily. He's best known for his groundbreaking work in electronic music in the seventies, creating synthesiser "space" music as well as note-by-note recreations of classical pieces in a "spacey" way.

I didn't like everything he did, but I did appreciate the clever almost glass-like (the substance, not the composer) "fragility" of his arrangements.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2016 edited
    Nooo Cato...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryuW22MWnOU

sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2016 edited
    Not now, Cateur!
    sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2016
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2016 edited
    MUHAMMAD ALI

It's no exaggeration to say he is probably the most famous man on planet Earth, a giant in every way and a man who transcended sport. He is my childhood hero and I am truly gutted that he's no longer with us.

sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2016
    Has there ever been a sportsman who was so much more than just a sportsman, like him? Helped to change a country...
  6. Jackie Robinson, probably. That's some pretty great company.
  7. Jeezus just read that 27 year old Anton Yelchin is dead. sad this is nuts. A tragic car accident with his own car presumably

http://m.imdb.com/gallery/rg449157888?p … m_ph_ay_hd
  8. Just came here to report this. Terrible. "Into Darkness" let we warm to his interpretation of Pavel Chekov. So sad that "Beyond" was to be his swan song.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  9. WTF !!! That's nuts, his career was only just starting but I liked him in most things I've seen him in.
  10. DreamTheater wrote
    WTF !!! That's nuts, his career was only just starting but I liked him in most things I've seen him in.

I loved him too, he had a natural flair that made him irresistible to watch. Odd Thomas, Fright Night, of course Checkov in Star Trek. Such sad news!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2016
    I remember him mostly for TERMINATOR: SALVATION, a film I really enjoyed and thought was massively underrated. Terrible to go at 27, and such a freak accident!
    I am extremely serious.
  11. Thor wrote
    I remember him mostly for TERMINATOR: SALVATION, a film I really enjoyed and thought was massively underrated. Terrible to go at 27, and such a freak accident!

forgot that one too, there wasn't a film I didn't enjoy him in
    So sad sad
  12. It just occured to me...

What the hell.... shocked
  13. What? He's older than you thought, younger than you thought?

Accidents can happen anytime.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2016 edited
    yeah

But I believe Gilles is pointing out the 27 club, there's a number of celebrities ( 27? wink ) who've joined this club though they are of the iconic stature rather than an obscure Star Trek actor*, the last one to join this "illustrious" club was Amy Winehouse.

According to wiki the club is even more exclusive as it's only for musicians... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club

*no disrespect to a young man who tragically died young.
  14. yeah
  15. I just read how Yelchin came to his end.

Such a ridiculous thing to happen. sad