• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2016
    Demetris wrote
    And Netherlands, French and Denmark nationalists are talking of their own referendums as well? i think i saw this on Euronews.

Bollocks (at least for The Netherlands).
    By law we cannot have a referendum on that. Thank heavens. Direct democracy is a horror. Acting on every whim of the masses is something VERY different from making sure all groups are heard.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. justin boggan wrote
    Trump is the same lefty he was twenty years ago

lol lol lol
  2. Some Berners do seem to have adopted a theory that basically Trump was sent in by Hillary for her to win the election...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2016
    Martijn wrote
    Demetris wrote
    And Netherlands, French and Denmark nationalists are talking of their own referendums as well? i think i saw this on Euronews.

Bollocks (at least for The Netherlands).
    By law we cannot have a referendum on that. Thank heavens. Direct democracy is a horror. Acting on every whim of the masses is something VERY different from making sure all groups are heard.

Oh i so agree my friend. Throwing people the ball of decision, both in the case of UK and also Greece a year back, but also many other times in the past, has proven an irresponsible and retarded move (on the side of the useless politicians that is). Hopefully your law forbids such stupid moves, as a safety measure. Too much (or direct) democracy is equally harmful to a nation's future as a whole, imo, as fascism in some cases.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2016
    Am I the only one who thinks "Brexit" sounds like a form of biscuit?
    I am extremely serious.
  3. I think somebody should photoshop Boris Johnson's face onto a certain Disney character with giant fists (preferably in the process of pounding a Union Jack and/or Europe flag into shreds) and caption it "Brex-it Ralph". I'd do it myself if I had any skill. tongue
  4. Bud Spencer is dead.
    We also lost Götz George who was a hugely popular actor here in Germany.

Another two of my childhood heroes gone.

slant Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2016 edited
    Bud Spencer. Loved him with Terrence Hill, very sad but he had a damn fine innings.

And now just heard about one of my favourite comedians/writer and actress Caroline Aherne, only 52 FFS! The Fast Show, Mrs Merton and the sublime Royale Family. Gutted! slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2016
    Aherne was great. Such a talent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2016
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2016
    And now Abbas Kiarostami.

I am particularly fond of his two masterpieces CLOSE-UP and TASTE OF CHERRY.

I hope I'm not the only one familiar with him in this Hollywood-centric community; you should at the very least seek out the two aforementioned movies.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Clannad founding member and guitarist Patráig Duggan has died.

Volker
  6. Kenny Baker (1934-2016)

He was R2-D2 ... sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2016
    http://i.imgur.com/54lksbT.gif
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2016
    A great innings but still a very sad loss sad

Toots Thielemans
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I was going to post it too Timmer and link to the same clip.

A Belgian legend. sad
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    And this lovely version conducted by John Williams

Midnight Cowboy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, saw this over at FSM. Sad news, but impressive age! He got to live a full and rewarding life, and belongs in the pantheon of world class harmonica players alongside Tommy Morgan, Tommy Riley and Sigmund Groven.

I'm mostly familiar with his two collaborations with Williams (SUGARLAND and CINDERELLA LIBERTY).
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Heard it on the radio while driving home. A great musician.

V.
  8. Kenneth Hall, who has been a music editor on about 80 different Goldsmith scores, going back to "Planet of the Apes", has passed away.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2016
    Gene Wilder sad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-cana … 53?SThisFB
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2016
    Yeah, I just saw it on Norwegian outlets. Sad news! SEE NO EVIL, HEAR NO EVIL is one of my alltime favourite comedies. sad
    I am extremely serious.
  9. SEE NO EVIL, HEAR NO EVIL is Anne and my first date film. Luckily our relationship survived that experience! Probably our mutual dislike for this film strengthened our blossoming relationship.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2016
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    SEE NO EVIL, HEAR NO EVIL is Anne and my first date film. Luckily our relationship survived that experience! Probably our mutual dislike for this film strengthened our blossoming relationship.

It isn't without some warmth and charm and there are a few funny moments but mostly it's very irritating, not one of Wilder and Pryor's better moments. Well done for surviving beer
  10. No! Wonka! sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    SEE NO EVIL, HEAR NO EVIL is Anne and my first date film. Luckily our relationship survived that experience! Probably our mutual dislike for this film strengthened our blossoming relationship.

Timmer wrote
    It isn't without some warmth and charm and there are a few funny moments but mostly it's very irritating, not one of Wilder and Pryor's better moments. Well done for surviving beer

Figures that the only Wilder film I thought was worth pointing out in a RIP thread; the only one of his that I truly like and feel personally attached to, is the one you don't like.

Never cared for his WONKA (I'll take the Burton version any day!) or the Mel Brooks stuff, really.

But I see that he had a small role in BONNIE & CLYDE. That's a good film right there.

He didn't really do that many films.
    I am extremely serious.
  11. Just making sure you understand that I am not belittling your attachment to the movie. But I took the opportunity to relate a moment in my life that features it prominently.

Apart from WILLY WONKA I don't particularly like any of Wilder's movies.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  12. Thor wrote
    Never cared for his WONKA (I'll take the Burton version any day!)

I can see arguments for either film but you must admit that Wilder's Wonka is a far, far better performance than Depp's bizarro Michael Jackson impersonation... freezing
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    No, I prefer Depp's. He does his usual self, but in this particular role, it fits like a glove.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    He was brilliant as Ed Wood but other than that I'm not fond of Depp's performances.