• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2009
    Very sad to hear of Sir Bobby's passing, even someone who's not a big Footie fan like myself has been aware of him since forever.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2009
    Very sad indeed. Although I´m not a FC Barcelona supporter, I always liked him during his period as its coach.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. Southall wrote
    Not many football fans around here, but still worth mentioning the death of Bobby Robson, who always seemed (from seeing him on the tv) to be a truly lovely gentleman.

I know Bobby Robson as coach, when we was coaching PSV Eindhoven. I was about several months old when England won (with sheer luck) of Belgium in 1980 wink

he looked like a really gentleman

wherever you are now Bobby, I hope the pain is away
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009
    John Hughes has apparently passed away:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_hughes

A huge shock to me, since his movies were such a big part of my filmatic upbringing.

sad
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009
    Very sad to hear particularly as he was only 59. I've had enjoyment out of a number of his films.

Very sad sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Oh no 'The Breakfast Club' guy?

That's too bad. His teen films had meaning, unlike current teen films.

sad
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009 edited
    Awwww... singer/performer Willy DeVille has died, and he was just 58.
    Cancer again. slant

He never had a huge hit, but I always enjoyed his "latino'd up" performances.
    Hey Willy, where ya goin'?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Cancer again. slant

His greatest hit. I found this tune pretty addictive when I was younger! Well, I still do.

Sad news.

As for John Hughes´s death, sorry to hear the director of that jewel called "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" has left us.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  3. Thor wrote
    John Hughes has apparently passed away:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_hughes

A huge shock to me, since his movies were such a big part of my filmatic upbringing.

sad

yeah, was surprised too when I heard it in the news this afternoon shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Cancer again. slant

He never had a huge hit, but I always enjoyed his "latino'd up" performances.
    Hey Willy, where ya goin'?

Damn sad
  4. Patrick Swayze has died, aged 57, here is the news.

Cancer again...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2009
    He fought a losing battle
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Very sad to hear that sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Sad - I hope we find a cure for this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Your lips to God's ears. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  5. Ah shit... that was my reaction on hearing about Swayze's death. It was a matter of time really. sad

Looks like he changed into a real Ghost now.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer

Awwwww Sheeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiittt! I was truly saddened by Swayze's death but Floyd too!? I really loved his shows and the man was one of life's genuine characters, what a loss! sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote

Awwwww Sheeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiittt! I was truly saddened by Swayze's death but Floyd too!? I really loved his shows and the man was one of life's genuine characters, what a loss! sad

I haven't seen him on tv for ages but always enjoyed watching him. A very entertaining man!
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Awful news ... sad
    RIP guys ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  6. sad news about Swayze indeed, he fought the impossible fight shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009 edited
    Edward Woodward

Very sad to hear this news, a great actor who starred in one of my favourite ( though ultimately depressing ) films, Breaker Morant.

He'll probably be forever known as the policeman in The Wicker Man.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009
    Ohhhh... damn.

I enjoyed his short-lived series The Equalizer, but loved him in the rather darker and moodier (and earlier) Callan.

He did some radio plays I'll listen to tonight, in honour of the man.
    Breaker Morant was a powerhouse part.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009
    Very sorry to hear that ... sad
    I always watched The Equalizer when it was on .
    He also did a fine job in The New Professionals series ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  7. Yep I know him too from 'The Equalizer' and the odd part in a film but that's about it.

RIP Mr Woodward.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2009 edited
    Ohhhh... sad

Unless you happen to love the 1952 War Of The Worlds film as much as I do, or ever happened to catch the TV series Burke's Law (which I hardly ever did, to be fair), it won't mean much to you. But I still thought it worthwhile enough to commemorate.
    Rest in peace, Gene.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Ohhhh... sad

Unless you happen to love the 1952 War Of The Worlds film as much as I do, or ever happened to catch Burke's Law (which Id idn't), it won't mean much to you. But I still thought it worthwhile enough to commemorate.
    Rest in peace, Gene.

I do love it as much as you, that's sad news sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, he was a very respectable 90 years old.
    But, you know, I really grew up on that film (to this day it's in my top 10 personal favourite films), so it still feels a bit personal. (And of course in my mind's eye I still see him as a 40-something leading man).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's one of those films where, though I have it on DVD I'll still have to watch it if it pops up on TV.

Gene had a cameo in Spielberg's War of The Worlds.
  8. I never saw Burke´s Law (I think), but I must have seen the classic WotW half a dozen times, including one very fortunate event where it was shown on a rather small but still satisfying theatre screen. Him playing that scientist, I suppose he was one of the first real geek heroes. smile

>>>-------------------<>