• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2009 edited
    As did Ann Robinson. smile

No, not THAT one. The real one.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    It's one of those films where, though I have it on DVD I'll still have to watch it if it pops up on TV.

Gene had a cameo in Spielberg's War of The Worlds.

He did, and there's a double connection there, because not only did Barry star in the original WotW, he also starred in several of Spielberg's early films and TV work, like the famous "LA 2017" sci fi episode from THE NAME OF THE GAME.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The "famous" LA 2017 episode from THE NAME OF THE GAME.

Never heard of it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    :pawel:
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    The "famous" LA 2017 episode from THE NAME OF THE GAME.

Never heard of it.

He, he, famous if you're in the know, I guess. smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LA_2017
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sounds interesting, did you ever get to see it?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Sounds interesting, did you ever get to see it?

Nope, not yet. It's not available on DVD, unfortunately.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2009
    Roy Disney passed away yesterday. sad

R.I.P...
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    R.I.P. sad
  1. >>>--------------------<>
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sad. I've been a Disney buff for like forever, and that man was really responsible for the whole animated feature revival in the 90's (when Menken and the others really hit it off). I wonder if Walt's granchild by the same name - Walter Elias Disney Miller - will follow in his grandfather's footsteps one day.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. DemonStar wrote
    Roy Disney passed away yesterday. sad

R.I.P...

ohhh, that's sad to hear sad
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. unbelievable

Brittany Murphy passed away this morning shocked
    32 is no age to go shame

Link
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2009
    Cardiac arrest at 32 ! shocked
    No age indeed ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  4. enjoy life guys and girls, it's over before you know it sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    enjoy life guys and girls, it's over before you know it sad

You don't have to tell me ...
    Enjoy each day as it comes my friends !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Wow, these young people dying is always somewhat of a shock (I'm 32 myself). Very sorry to hear of her passing.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Eric wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    enjoy life guys and girls, it's over before you know it sad

You don't have to tell me ...
    Enjoy each day as it comes my friends !

that's the reason why we go for the 80 euro tickets of Star Wars, so that we can at least treasure a Star Wars concert where we were several feet away from John Williams' magical music smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    How's that happened at 32? Very shocking to hear.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2009
    Christodoulides wrote

Cocaine was my first thought! A very cynical view from me, we'll have to wait and see? sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Cocaine was my first thought! A very cynical view from me, we'll have to wait and see? sad

To tell you the truth, i thought of that too. Nothing else makes sense and with the standard way most celebrities abruptly leave this world at young age, it wouldn't be a surprise really.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Harsh but true D.

Or maybe there was an undetected fault with her heart? As I said, we'll have to wait and see if the truth ever emerges.
  6. Can't say I've seen the lass playing many pivotal roles, but the one in Sin City was alright, though brief. Talented or not, 32 is not an age to depart this hellhole just yet.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2010
    I just now read that Eric Rohmer, one of the greatest figures of the French New Wave, just passed away, 89 years old.

While I've seen my share of New Wave films, I must admit that I haven't seen a lot of Rohmer's work. Only MA NUIT CHEZ MAUD and bits and pieces of L'AMOUR L'APRESMIDI. I should certainly check out more.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. he hasn't passed away yet shame , but I've read that Dennis Hopper's cure to cancer doesn't work, and the doctors have literally no hope he will be cured from it, that means we might get the bad news soon sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Very sad to hear that Dennis Hopper is extremely ill and not expected to recover.
  8. Goddammit. 2010 will suck big balls as all I've heard so far is good people losing their battle with terrible diseases (Mr. Hopper, Southall's mom). And it's not even half of january.

GODDAMMIT. crazy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Indeed, it hasn't started in a good manner for many people...and Europe is freezing over too.
  9. DreamTheater wrote
    Goddammit. 2010 will suck big balls as all I've heard so far is good people losing their battle with terrible diseases (Mr. Hopper, Southall's mom). And it's not even half of january.

GODDAMMIT. crazy

ohhh? I've must have missed that report of Southal's mom being ill shame
    so sorry to hear that James sad
  10. This probably won't mean much to many people outside the UK - and maybe not to many people within the UK - but for a certain generation Bill McLaren was one of THE voices of sport in the UK.

For me, he was the voice of the game of rugby union all through my childhood and for a brief period of time during the year, on a Saturday afternoon, Bill's commentating of the Five Nations was almost as much an institution as The Morecambe and Wise Christmas Show.

I was surprised how sad I felt at the news of his death.

R.I.P.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn