• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2010
    Yes he was Tom.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2010
    have a couple of her cd's
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2010 edited
    One of England's greatest character actors has passed away...

Lionel Jeffries

sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2010
    Besides The Railway Children, Jeffries also directed one of my childhood favourite films, The Amazing Mr Blunden.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010
    Just heard that Corey Haim has died aged 38, he was in one of my favourite vampire films, The Lost Boys.

I didn't catch the full report but I do know that Haim was in and out and in rehab for many years with drug related problems, still that's a horribly young age to die.
  1. Timmer wrote
    Just heard that Corey Haim has died aged 38, he was in one of my favourite vampire films, The Lost Boys.

I didn't catch the full report but I do know that Haim was in and out and in rehab for many years with drug related problems, still that's a horribly young age to die.

no way shocked , just found the report here
    man, no age whatsoever can make you understand this

so sad, I liked him in the 80's alongside Feldman shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Jeezes, I just read this. I didn't know.

I'm shocked! This guy wasn't exactly known for his acting abilities, but he sure was in a lot of films from my youth. We saw License to Drive again recently and that movie is a good old-fashioned teen comedy around one central idea, the likes which they don't make anymore.

It's always sad when someone so young gets to meet his maker. sad
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010
    Unfortunately he seems to have helped himself along that path. Tragic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    Unfortunately he seems to have helped himself along that path. Tragic.

This is so often the case
  3. This tape will self destruct in 5 seconds.

R.I.P. Mr. Phelps. sad
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010
    Damn , another TV icon gone ! sad
    I'm gonna watch some Mission : Impossible tonight in honor of Mr. Graves .

R.I.P. Peter and thanks for all these years of great tv entertainment ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010
    'you ever seen a grown man naked' biggrin

Sorry to hear this but he had a good innings.
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    This tape will self destruct in 5 seconds.

R.I.P. Mr. Phelps. sad

ow, how sad sad

but like Timmer, I'll remember him especially for that line in Airplane smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2010 edited
    John Forsythe, best known in the eighties as Blake Carrington in the glittersoap Dynasty and in the seventies as Charlie, the disembodied boss of Charlie's Angels, died yesterday at age 92.

Film fans may also remember he had roles in relatively high-grossing and critically acclaimed films in the fifties and sixties like In Cold Blood, Topaz and The Trouble With Harry.

"Well done, Angels."
    Rest in peace, mr. Forsythe.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2010
    Oh no....he was one of my childhood heroes. In English class in primary school, I even named a doll we had to make "Blake Carrington". I thought he would live forever.

sad
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2010
    Terrible news !
    R.I.P. Mr. Forsythe ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2010 edited
    Very sad but he lived to a fine old age.

I used to enjoy Dynasty, it was such great campy and proposterous fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2010
    Both Arness and Graves got their start in science fiction movies.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2010
    I was very sad to hear that one of my heroes has died, the great Frank Frazetta sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    I was very sad to hear that one of my heroes has died, the great Frank Frazetta sad

FRAZETTA
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Not familiar with him, but that is some fine artwork....much of it looks a bit like those 70's and 80's prog rock album covers!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah, he's featured on album covers over the years, he also did the movie poster for Clint Eastwood's The Gauntlet. His covers for Robert E. Howard's CONAN books are legendary.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2010
    He was a brilliant artist. My favorite of his works is Death Dealer, which is a bloody cool painting.

R.I.P.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2010 edited
    I always get his work confused with his fellow Magic & Fantasy art visionary Boris Vallejo.

(NOTE: this image contains (artistic) nudity! So watch your backs, ye in the workplace!)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2010 edited
    Martijn wrote
    I always get his work confused with his fellow Magic & Fantasy art visionary Boris Vallejo.

Very understandable but not something I ever had a problem with. Boris work is more polished, I love Boris too but not as much as Frank's which has a more raw, visceral appeal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

Very understandable but not something I ever had a problem with. Boris work is more polished, I love Boris too but not as much as Frank's which has a more raw, visceral appeal.

TITS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ahhhh...his work is so well-known that I didn't even consider the tittilating (heh.heh. he said...) aspect of it.
    I've amended my post to indicate the slight NSFW-level.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    TITS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...and the artistry, which is of course top notch.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2010 edited
    Ronnie James Dio, a legend of rock music.

R.i.p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_James_Dio
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.