• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2010
    Sad news. His voice will never fade.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2010
    Not a personal fav, but a legendary singer in his game. I have lots of nostalgia for "Holy Diver".

RIP (Rock in Peace)!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2010
    Sad to hear that. My good friend Baz met him in a Bristol rock club, Dio was being bored senseless by some over enthusiastic fan telling him how brilliant he was and Baz 'saved' him, Dio bought him a pint. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2010
    Very sad to hear that Dennis Hopper has passed away, I knew it was coming but it's still very sad.

The man was a true legend, as large in life as any film role he played.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Damn, such a great presence in many roles, always such offbeat performances.

Too bad the big C is still mankind's most ruthless murderer.

Rest in peace Mr. Hopper.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2010
    Oh God. sad

Rest in peace.
  2. it was already announced for some time now, yet this doesn't change the fact this is very sad news shame
    rest in peace Dennis Hopper
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2010
    Norway's greatest contemporary composer, pioneer of electronic music and occasional film composer Arne Nordheim passed away today, age 78.

I must admit that I don't have much of his stuff in my collection, but I have a selection from his score to ONE DAY IN THE LIFE OF IVAN DENISOVITCH (1970) that I'll play in his honour today. Very experimental, but rewarding stuff.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2010
    Thor wrote
    Norway's greatest contemporary composer, pioneer of electronic music and occasional film composer Arne Nordheim passed away today, age 78.

Sad news indeed. I'm not a big fan of his music myself. Well, I haven't really heard much of it but the little I heard was a bit to weird. The only piece of "music" I remember from him is that 5 second jingle NRK used to play on the radio when there was a strike about 20 years ago. At least I think it was written by him.
  3. Just found out today, and did a Google search and found no news, composer Michel Mention, who has worked on shows like "Barnaby Jones", "The Streets of San Francisco", and who knwos what else since his credits arent' widely known, died in April. He also worked for a couple decades with Maurice Jarre as an assitant and other fuctions.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. Someone forgot to 'mention' that here? rolleyes
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010
    Especially for you, Gilles.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010 edited
    Edited to keep it respectable. shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2010
    I'm very VERY sad to hear that Snooker genius Alex Higgins has died, as a pool and snooker player myself, Alex was one of my idols, a fantastic character who had more charisma in his little finger than all the current Snooker stars put together, the man was the Oliver Reed of the green baize.

I knew he was ill for a long time but this has still shocked and saddened me deeply.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    What is Snooker?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's like Pool ( see The Hustler, The Color of Money ) only much more difficult.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Panthera wrote
    What is Snooker?

Timmer wrote
    It's like Pool ( see The Hustler, The Color of Money ) only much more difficult.

omg Unbeliavable
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2010
    A bit slow don't you think Marcel?

CHECK THIS ONE OUT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Wow, he makes it look so easy.

But it is not.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Do you play snooker, Marcel?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I've played it some times. By some times I mean two or three times. It's just out of my league! I play regular pool (not as much as I'd like though).
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    Willem Breuker has died. He was a big jazzmusician and (film)composer. You can read my ''In Memoriam'' article here (in Dutch...): http://www.neerlandsfilmdoek.nl/2010/07 … m-breuker/
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    I've played it some times. By some times I mean two or three times. It's just out of my league! I play regular pool (not as much as I'd like though).

Yeah, a snooker table is very intimidating compared to pool, I love snooker but don't get to play it as much as I'd like to.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Joep wrote
    Willem Breuker has died. He was a big jazzmusician and (film)composer. You can read my ''In Memoriam'' article here (in Dutch...): http://www.neerlandsfilmdoek.nl/2010/07 … m-breuker/

It's all written in some made-up language dizzy Could you give me a brief of what this musician was about, Joep?
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2010 edited
    He was the founder of the Willem Breuker Kollektief, a jazz formation that fused jazz and with classical music. They were quite a big name in the jazz scene around the world. Breuker allowed them to experiment and create something in the veins of free jazz, while he perferred calling it modern jazz. He wrote jazz his own & other formations, classical works, and he wrote for theatre and films. He's well known for his scores for Johan van der Keuken documentaries. Because of the experimental nature, a significant part is barely listenable. Yet iit works perfectly in the documentaries.

Btw: http://translate.google.nl
    The translation by that machine is rather good actually.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thanks Joep, much appreciated, I'd like to hear some of his work........with some trepidation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2010
    We lost no less than TWO great film icons today:

Claude Chabrol, the famous New Wave director, at 80.
    Kevin McCarthy, the legendary actor most famous for his role in the original INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS from 1956, at 95.

The impressive thing is that both of these worked almost all the way up to their death. I thought McCarthy, in particular, would go on forever!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2010
    Very saddened to hear of the passing of one of Hollywoods true greats, Tony Curtis, at the age of 85.

So many films that I loved him in, from childhood favourites The Great Race, Some Like It Hot, The Vikings, Spartacus, and of course, TV series The Persuaders with Roger Moore.

The man also put very fine acting turns in The Defiant Ones and The Boston Strangler.

And lets not forget that he's sampled some of the finest female Hollywood talent there has ever been, the man sure enjoyed life cool
  5. Very sad indeed to hear of his passing. Of particular note to me will always be his "take" of Cary Grant in Some Like It Hot.

I'll certainly hunt out something appropriate to listen to later.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    Very saddened to hear of the passing of one of Hollywoods true greats, Tony Curtis, at the age of 85.

Him too?

Yikes, what a week it has been - Gloria Stuart, Sally Menke, Arthur Penn, Tony Curtis. sad
    I am extremely serious.