• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. justin boggan wrote
    Got to say -- I've never found Jerry Lewis funny. I thought he was painful at best to watch.

This is where we disagree. I remember enjoying his comedy movies when I was younger.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. He deserves all the credit in the world for his straight role on Wiseguy, and his turn in Funny Bones (which despite the presence of Lee Evans and a completely pointless criminal subplot is worth seeing) as the famous comic dad of a guy who just isn't funny.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2017
    he was a nice man
    listen to more classical music!
  3. I somehow missed that Tobe Hooper died august 26th.

I only know him of Poltergeist which was (ghost)directed by Spielberg. Terrible pun I know. rolleyes

Anyway R.I.P. because I love that film, but I've never seen anything else by him.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. Country star Don Williams - whom I knew nothing about - has died. When I heard the news on the radio this morning in the bathroom through rushing water I initially misunderstood and that gave me a sick feeling to my stomach...

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2017
    Not familiar with him (beyond having heard the name), but Don Williams is also the name of John's younger brother.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    sorry no nothing
  5. Never heard of him.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. Harry Dean Stanton has died who played crewman Brett on board the Nostromo. sad
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  7. He also famously starred in Wim Wender's cult classic "Paris, Texas".
  8. And the main character's brother in Lynch's Straight Story. Great actor.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2017
    yes he was, enjoyed his roles
  9. Hugh Hefner, founder of Playboy magazine, aka The Hef, dead at 91. He has lived the life most of us can only dream of. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2017
    I guess
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    As with most of these RIP posts, I can barely contain my indifference.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I doubt he's in a better place.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2017 edited
    Steven wrote
    As with most of these RIP posts, I can barely contain my indifference.

biggrin

Most of the time I am surprised that they are not already dead.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    I doubt he's in a better place.

smile
  10. I dread to think what his rigor mortis will be like.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
  11. A stiff upper...

...lip.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  12. Fats Domino

The pinoneer of Blues and Rock'N'Roll died 89 years old. His death follows the passing off Chuck Berry earlier this year.

Volker
  13. John Hillerman, who was Higgins in Magnum PI, has died 84 years old.
  14. Dominic Frontiere 1939 - 2017

I'm not that well acquainted with his work. Yet I do have a CD in my collection, featuring his scores from "Hang 'em High" and "The Aviator", and I love both scores.

Volker
  15. Captain Future wrote
    Dominic Frontiere 1939 - 2017

I'm not that well acquainted with his work. Yet I do have a CD in my collection, featuring his scores from "Hang 'em High" and "The Aviator", and I love both scores.

Volker

La-La Land put out the music he did for The Rat Patrol, which is highly recommended. And go on YouTube and you'll find a lot of his TV intros (and end titles) - Search, 12 O'Clock High, Iron Horse, Washington: Behind Closed Doors etc.
  16. Thanks! I'll do that. smile
  17. If any "Star Trek: The Next Generation" fans didn't know...

Last week Jon Paul Steuer, the second actor to play Worf's son -- Alexander -- died young. Suicide was the speculation. I haven't read any further, so I don't know if it was suicide.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  18. Composer John Morris has passed away. He was 91.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2018
    justin boggan wrote
    Composer John Morris has passed away. He was 91.

Oh, shucks. Another major player of that generation lost. sad

I've always had a tremendous fondness for THE ELEPHANT MAN, in particular.
    I am extremely serious.