• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2018
    Ah, then I'm back to scratch.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Joe Jackson has passed away from cancer.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2018
    justin boggan wrote
    Joe Jackson has passed away from cancer.

Damn, for a moment there I thought you were talking about the New Wave guy. Perhaps worth pointing out it's the Michael Jackson father Joe Jackson.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Joe Jackson has passed away from cancer.

Damn, for a moment there I thought you were talking about the New Wave guy. Perhaps worth pointing out it's the Michael Jackson father Joe Jackson.

Yes I thought that too when I saw the post.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2018
    Aretha Franklin... what a voice.
  3. Robin Leach, host of "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous", is dead at 76.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2018 edited
    Beth Krakower has passed away. Most of you know here from the PR posts she makes here, but anyone who has been to any of the film music festivals or events the past few years might have met her. A very joyful person who supported and worked together with the Gent festival a lot as well.

She had cancer since some years and now she is dead. sad angry

Very sad news.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2018
    Yeah, caught the news on Facebook. Very sad indeed.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2018
    very sad
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2018
    V. sad. Never met her but knew her digitally for a very long time. Her very long, hard battle against cancer was fought bravely indeed.
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Very saddened to hear this. Fuck cancer!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Indeed Tim. Indeed.

I can say that I'd definitely heard of her but I'm not all too familiar. Still, doesn't make it any less heartbreaking.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2019
    Mark Hollis of Talk Talk died yesterday.

Massive fan of the band, Spirit Of Eden is a masterpiece.
  4. Such a shame to believe in escape
    A life on every face and that's a change
    Till I'm finally left with the eight.
    Tell me to relax
    I just stare
    Maybe I don't know if I should change
    A feeling that we share.

I loved this song as a child. I didn't understand more than some single words back then. Not sure I understand much more now ...

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  5. German composer Martin Boettcher died on April 19th, 91 years old. Little known beyond Europe, he was a true film music legend in Germany. He scored Father Brown and Edgar Wallace flicks but really became famous for his western music he wrote for the "Winnetou" series of films, that were based on novels by Karl May.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2019
    Yeah, I'm aware of him -- mostly through his work on TATORT. He got to live a long life.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Grumpy Cat has passed away.

And nobody said anything in this thread, but actor Peter Mayhew -- famous for playing Chewbacca -- passed away a week or two ago.
  7. justin boggan wrote
    Grumpy Cat has passed away.

My college's hamster died too.
  8. Actor Rip Torn had died at the age of 88.
  9. Max Wright, who played the dad on "ALF", passed away late last month. :-(

Always liked him. In one of my personal favorite comedies, "Norm" (starring Norm Macdonald), he played norm's cranky boss who Norm would pester and torment because it drove the boss crazy. There's a scene in an episode, I think titled "The Norm Law", where they are in court and the boss is trying to get a law passed impacting Norm and it results in one of the funniest scenes of any comedy series I have ever seen.

MacDonald must have liked him, 'cause he stuck with him, even inviting him back for a failed sketch comedy pilot, which was Wright's final acting gig (2005).
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2020
    Penderecki....man, what a loss!

How are the Poles coping with this today, Pawel?

I wrote a small obituary myself, in Norwegian, here:

https://montages.no/nyheter/krzysztof-p … 1933-2020/
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2020
    Most of the Polish people I know keep bringing up The Shining.... Sigh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2020
    And just yesterday, we lost two other great film voices:

Actor Brian Dennehy and cinematographer Allen Daviau. Both just happened to be favourites of mine too.
    I am extremely serious.
  10. I'd heard of Brian Dennehy.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2020
    Nobody has posted about two recent deaths that really bummed me out.

The first was Ian Holm, my third favourite actor of all time (after Nicholson and Hopkins). Then, shortly thereafter, was Joel Schumacher, who I didn't even know was sick, also a favourite director of mine (massively underrated), whose movies are an indelible part of my formative years.
    I am extremely serious.
  11. Sad to hear William Hurt passed at the age of 71. He looked guy and healthy in the latest MCU movies? But so was Boseman as Black Panther. Anyway, Way too early an age to leave us.

Rest in peace
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2022
    Very sad news; he's been a favourite ever since I was a kid. Loved his often understated, softspoken acting style. While KISS OF THE SPIDERWOMAN is his towering performance, I've always preferred others more -- like THE BIG CHILL, A.I. (brief as the role was) and THE VILLAGE.
    I am extremely serious.
  12. ALTERED STATES.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am