• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2010
    INTRADA Announces:

MR. ATLAS
    Composed and Conducted by Terry Plumeri
    INTRADA Signature Edition ISE 1040

The 1997 film Mr. Atlas is the story of young Danny Nielsen (T.J. Lowther), still broken from the untimely death of his parents, who goes for a bike ride in the hills one day and unwittingly falls into a magical cave. Unable to find his way out, he begins to cry. When Danny’s tears touch the wall of the cave, an ancient curse is broken—a curse which has imprisoned the Greek Titan Atlas (Diederik van Nederveen) in stone for 2000 years. After an earth-shattering entrance, Atlas pledges his absolute devotion to Danny and the two become inseparable friends.

Mr. Atlas provided a broad range of character elements with which composer Terry Plumeri could work. In addition to the world of a young boy, there was fantasy, acts of the superhero, friendship, love, tongue-in-cheek comedy, deviousness and serious drama -- which almost ends in tragedy. The simplistic world of the child asked for a less-sophisticated harmonic and melodic vocabulary, whereas the super-heroic acts of Atlas required a more majestic orchestration, as well as a vocabulary which conveyed an increase in harmonic and melodic intensity. The dynamic music was thrillingly performed by the Moscow Philharmonic.

This Intrada Signature Edition is limited to 1000 units.

INTRADA Signature Editions ISE 1040
    Retail Price: $24.99
    SHIPS 6/8/2010
    For track listing and sound samples, please visit
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6638/.f

Guys - I have a feeling this one is going to go fast. The samples sound incredible! Don't miss out on owning this hidden gem!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    Guys - I have a feeling this one is going to go fast. The samples sound incredible! Don't miss out on owning this hidden gem!

I heard the clips for this when it was announced and I was amazed by the quality of the clips - and by how little this score has been mentioned in previous "holy grail" topics across the boards.

I'd never heard of the movie until this announcement last night but managed to snag a copy.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2010
    I picked this one up. Samples sounded too good to pass. A bit of a Capricorn One influence in some of the cues.
  2. BLACK SEA RAID $19.99

Label: Intrada Signature Edition ISE1043
    Date: 1997
    Tracks: 23
    Time = 43:33

World premiere of original soundtrack to Jeno Hodi action vehicle with Daniel Bernhardt, Steve Parrish, Dennis LaValle. Setting is intense rescue operation by special forces team inside Russia, with conflicts on land, sea, air. Film (also known as SPECIAL FORCES) inspires Terry Plumeri to create exciting orchestral score with degree of weight, energy. Angular brass motif anchors, substantial action music follows. Full resources of Russian State Symphony Orchestrate add to good vibes! Intrada CD presented from digital master elements recorded in Moscow. Terry Plumeri conducts. Intrada Signature Edition limited to 1000 copies!

01. Burial At Sea 1:21
    02. We’re Getting Out of Here 1:46
    03. The General’s Orders 1:13
    04. The Rescue of Natalia Porofsky 3:10
    05. The Crimean Coast 1:32
    06. Escape from the Mental Institution 2:09
    07. A Soldier’s Suspicion 1:01
    08. The Hidden Missile 2:24
    09. Theft of a Nuclear Warhead 1:27
    10. Ten Million or Death 2:17
    11. Spy Talk 1:10
    12. Rick’s Greeting 0:36
    13. Death in the Afternoon 1:12
    14. Falling Tires, Blazing Bullets 1:55
    15. The Man Who Could Drive Anything 1:07
    16. Entrance to the Institution 1:28
    17. The Abduction 1:17
    18. At the Gate 0:55
    19. Russian Tanks in Pursuit 3:41
    20. Natalia’s Love 1:10
    21. Kiss Your Ass Goodbye 3:42
    22. End Credits 3:09
    23. Dusk 3:55
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2010
    who has seen this movie
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I've never even heard of Plumeri or either of the movies whose soundtracks are mentioned above. Can anyone offer any comments on these Intrada releases?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Mr. Altas is fantastic! Big, bold symphonic score. [url=Scarecrows}Scarecrows[/url] is also solid, chilling horror score with some unique sounds and orchestrations. I have no idea what Black Sea Raid is but from the samples it sounds like another winner!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    sdtom wrote
    who has seen this movie

i ask again
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Not me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Better question: who wants to see this movie?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2010
    Who's this man? Totally noob with him shame
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm only familiar with his DEATH WISH score.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    BLACK SEA RAID $19.99

Label: Intrada Signature Edition ISE1043
    Date: 1997
    Tracks: 23
    Time = 43:33

Man! Those samples sound great and I would have bought it in a flash. But I just can't be buying more stuff.