• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2010
    Hmmm...Germany is evil because of nazis and Fritz Haarmann.
    But then there's Bach. And Goethe.

Spain is evil because of the 80 Years War and bull fighting.
    But then there's Barcelona and the Concerto De Aranjuez.

What a moral conundrum. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Joep wrote
    I'm extremely happy with the result. It's going to be against Germany, no doubt.

never NEVER make assumptions! wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Christodoulides wrote
    Go SPAIN!

Nice! Germany was disappointing tonight...for 65 minutes they did nothing but sat back and pressed on Spain. Spain was clumsy but rough and it eventually paid off. I am confident (and wish for to be frank) that they'll win the World Cup. They deserve it this year.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Joep wrote
    I'm extremely happy with the result. It's going to be against Germany, no doubt.

never NEVER make assumptions! wink

Indeed. Germany came a bit of showy-off and relaxed tonight, they wasted those 65 minutes and at least for the first half they seemed pretty sure and relaxed that if they sit back for the first half and press hard on the 2nd one, they'd crash Spain.

Life is a bitch though wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Do you think they are going to eat Paul now? tongue
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2010 edited
    Congrats to Spain!

I agree with Demetris. Really disappointing by Germany, whih has impressed me so much with their direct football previously in the cup. Far too defensive against such a possessive team as Spain. However, I wasn't that impressed by Spain either. Too much leading the ball, and too many chance misses. But a deserved winner!

All my predictions are now wrong, so I'll just refrain from making any more!
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Stavroula wrote

Yuck! No way! We just let the water out of his fish tank. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oh dear. If Spain wins next Sunday, the country will go crazy.

We arrive in Sevilla in the afternoon. Lets find shelter.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregt wrote

Think about it this way: girls will go crazy too --> Sevilla girls are hot --> bam!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    And then 9 months later: the Bregt boom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Stavroula wrote

Oh, no! Poor, little octupus! sad Don't hurt him! cry
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Euh, ok. biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010
    The best team won - it was nothing to do with German deficiencies, it was simply that Spain are so good at retaining the ball and are never hurried into committing lots of people forward (in contrast to the previous teams Germany have played so well against). But I suspect the Germans will be extremely strong for the next World Cup.

Anyway, should be a very good game on Sunday. It's not often the case that the tournament's best two teams end up in the final, but it's happened this time.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Agree with James I do!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Stavroula wrote

I want him, Paul could make me rich betting on all sports I'd bet.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Joep wrote
    I'm preparing for the classic finale: The Netherlands vs Germany....

I'm sorry Joep, I can't help pointing these out to you biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Paul is an idiot. biggrin
    But it´s nice to know that Sea Life Oberhausen (20 minutes from where I live) is known in Greece, too. ^^

Paul's an exceptional judge of events, sorry Ralph.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Wow, what an exciting finish....what a comeback that would have been for Uruguay if they managed to score the equalizer that far on extra time.

In any case, congrats to the Netherlands. They'll be a tough match for Germany in the final (sorry, Spain).

Indeed, Thor...Spain are very sorry! tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Stavroula wrote

I am afraid Paul is going to end up a tasty German soup soon.
  2. Bregt wrote

Or you could do what Bear McCreary did last night, while he is in Tenerife for his grand concert... He twittered the following:

Spain wins semifinal! Cant believe this happened while I'm visiting the country. Ran through the crazed streets, wearing flag as a cape.

Gotta love the guy cheesy

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    The best team won - it was nothing to do with German deficiencies, it was simply that Spain are so good at retaining the ball and are never hurried into committing lots of people forward (in contrast to the previous teams Germany have played so well against). But I suspect the Germans will be extremely strong for the next World Cup.

Anyway, should be a very good game on Sunday. It's not often the case that the tournament's best two teams end up in the final, but it's happened this time.

If only things were that simple wink Imo, The German team wasn't up to their displayed performance during the previous matches; i think they underestimated their opponent.
  3. Stavroula wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Stavroula wrote

Don´t worry. Animal Rights Activists have been a strong force in Germany since we fucked up human rights. wink

Timmer wrote
    I want him, Paul could make me rich betting on all sports I'd bet.

I´ll let the ARAs know Paul would be safe with you.

Timmer wrote
    Paul's an exceptional judge of events, sorry Ralph.

He´s C-3PO with eight arms.

Christodoulides wrote
    I am afraid Paul is going to end up a tasty German soup soon.

See above. We don´t hurt animals. We train them and give them little guns and helmets. biggrin

Southall wrote

I agree. There was not much they could have done. Trying to force a goal would have resulted in more goals by Spain. Spain was just the better team.

Christodoulides wrote
    If only things were that simple wink Imo, The German team wasn't up to their displayed performance during the previous matches; i think they underestimated their opponent.

I think it´s the other way around. They knew what Spain could do to them if they let loose too much, so they didn´t.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I think Spain has won the finals already: victory is in the mind as much as it is in skill. Maybe even more so: to envision the battle won is to have won it already.
    The Spanish trainer is filled with confidence and looks forward to a beautiful finale. The Dutch assistant trainer has gone *on record* saying he would have prefered Germany in the finals, as 'we would have stood much more of a chance against them'.
    Spain has won the finals already.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ...that said, apparently Paul's picked us? shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010 edited
    Whatever he did, I´ll definitely cheer for the Dutch, anyway, out of many reasons!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010 edited
    Spain is already the world cup champion wink

Damn, poor THOMAS NEWMAN must have terrible troubles sleeping since last night.
  4. Christodoulides wrote

It is? Damn, how did we get to 2030 so fast?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah yeay wait 'till Sunday wink
  5. Probably, but my heart will go on. ^^
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

It is? Damn, how did we get to 2030 so fast?!

D. has...certain powers.