• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2010 edited
    Nah, if they lose (which I hope) it will be forgotten within 24 hours. On the other hand, if they win, god, it will be mass media nightmare for weeks.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2010
    Well, as a DUTCHman, I do fear for the consequences when WE win. Better not pack my orange t-shirt...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No chance Spain will loose.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Listening to octopuses much? wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Paul.rules.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Indeed! Spain it is then! fireworks
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Congrats to Spain! Now they're both reigning Euro champions AND world champions. That's a rarity.

The match was largely disappointing. Quite ugly with lots of free kicks and a record amount of cards. The extra time was more open, though.

Overall, I think Spain was the deserved winner.

(I can only imagine what the mood is like in Ubeda right now!)
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What an awful, anti-athletic match full of evil acts, violence, foul play. Congrats to Spain though that managed to save the match at the last instance.

I wasn't impressed at all but i wanted Spain to win, was sure they would.

Oh, and has it occured to anyone that PAUL is going to be the only octopus ever captured by man and who won't end up in a plate? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Well done Spain, hardly a great game but the best team in the tournament won. The Dutch were lucky to have 9 men, let alone 11, left on the pitch at half time (De Jong and Van Bommel should both have been sent off, maybe Sneijder too) but their disgraceful approach fortunately didn't prevail. With such gloriously skilful players at their disposal, it's a pity that they set out with such a negative, at times brutal approach which ultimately spoiled the game - but Spain were worthy winners and I'm pleased Iniesta, who I thought was the best player at the tournament, got the winning goal.

Not a great tournament in footballing terms, but I enjoyed it anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The Transcience of Human Aspirations
    Or: to Spain, with love.

A hush decends on Holland
    not one so much of grief -
    Oh sure, a curse rings horribly
    a girl weeps inconsolably -
    but overall the mood is one
    of mere stunned disbelief

A legion orange zombies
    walks in this fair old town
    not mad, not sad,
    their heads hung down
    They've nowhere else to be.

Who will remember Silver?
    Who knows who second came?
    Whoever cares who's second best?
    who makes their claim to fame?
    Ali lives in perpetuity.
    George Foreman now sells a grill
    Holland sinks in obscurity
    having lost to Spain one-nil.

And come tomorrow's sun
    and back to work we've gone,
    fifteen million analysts
    will explain how we might have won.

"blind referee" "unfair advantage"
    "it should have been a substitution"
    "we had the chance" "we dropped the ball"
    "we need a call for retribution!"

I'm sure there will be outbursts.
    poignant, sad or crass.
    But at the end one thing remains:
    Spain just kicked our ass.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2010 edited
    applause
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2010
    Martijn wrote
    The Transcience of Human Aspirations
    Or: to Spain, with love.

A hush decends on Holland
    not one so much of grief -
    Oh sure, a curse rings horribly
    a girl weeps inconsolably -
    but overall the mood is one
    of mere stunned disbelief

A legion orange zombies
    walks in this fair old town
    not mad, not sad,
    their heads hung down
    They've nowhere else to be.

Who will remember Silver?
    Who knows who second came?
    Whoever cares who's second best?
    who makes their claim to fame?
    Ali lives in perpetuity.
    George Foreman now sells a grill
    Holland sinks in obscurity
    having lost to Spain one-nil.

And come tomorrow's sun
    and back to work we've gone,
    fifteen million analysts
    will explain how we might have won.

"blind referee" "unfair advantage"
    "it should have been a substitution"
    "we had the chance" "we dropped the ball"
    "we need a call for retribution!"

I'm sure there will be outbursts.
    poignant, sad or crass.
    But at the end one thing remains:
    Spain just kicked our ass.

Is this yours Martijn? If so.... punk beer applause
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Well done Spain, hardly a great game but the best team in the tournament won. The Dutch were lucky to have 9 men, let alone 11, left on the pitch at half time (De Jong and Van Bommel should both have been sent off, maybe Sneijder too) but their disgraceful approach fortunately didn't prevail. With such gloriously skilful players at their disposal, it's a pity that they set out with such a negative, at times brutal approach which ultimately spoiled the game - but Spain were worthy winners and I'm pleased Iniesta, who I thought was the best player at the tournament, got the winning goal.

Not a great tournament in footballing terms, but I enjoyed it anyway.

100% agree with what you said, James.

Marcel, you have my sympathy. sad biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Is this yours Martijn?

Of course it is.
    I felt the need to commemorate the occasion. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote

Haha, thank you Tim wink crazy (the spanish press has already started its campaign.......).

Still, the image of this worldcup is THIS *: Iniesta dedicating the goal of his life to the deceased captain of the team I'm supporter (and member) of. They were very close friends (although they play/played in the two historical rival - enemy teams in Barcelona). Thank you Iniesta.

* Dani Jarque, Always with Us.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote

Haha, thank you Tim wink crazy (the spanish press has already started its campaign.......).

Still, the image of this worldcup is THIS *: Iniesta dedicating the goal of his life to the deceased captain of the team I'm supporter (and member) of. They were very close friends (although they play/played in the two historical rival - enemy teams in Barcelona). Thank you Iniesta.

Or this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote

Still, the image of this worldcup is THIS *: Iniesta dedicating the goal of his life to the deceased captain (who collapsed and died aged 26 on a pre-season tour of Italy in August 2009) of the team I'm supporter (and member) of. They were very close friends (although they play/played in the two historical rival - enemy teams in Barcelona). Thank you Iniesta.

Or this.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thanks for the explanation, Marcel, I was wondering what that was about after he'd pulled his shirt off.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    A very mediocre finale. Both teams played unattractive football. Webb got some decisions right and an awful lot wrong. He did use his whistle a lot... The infamous corner, De Jong's karate kid (where's the red card?), Puyon who should have gotten a yellow card for obstructing Robben, Heitinga's second yellow card after small foul on Ienesta who took full advantage...

From what I've heard the international press believes that Spain was better. They may have been slightly better in places, but I think none of them played that good.

To conclude... So, here we are again! 2012 and 2014. Another great opportunity for the Netherlands to beat the competition and take home the European and World Cup. I'm ready..
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    "The infamous corner, De Jong's karate kid (where's the red card?)"

Indeed, the simple yellow card was outrageous there and Webb was generally very smooth on the players; i believe this is one of the reasons why the game quickly went to hell and resulted into a kick and punch match, since all players knew he was going to be easy on them.

As for Spain, yes they played better but missed a lot of opportunities as well with kicks that aimed to hell.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I enjoyed the match.
    But then I've always been a big fan of American wrestling in the eighties... wink

The most interesting point in the evening was Spain's goal after -what felt to me like- about three hours of having to stand at the back of a barque attached to a bar that had a TV screen on its wall (oh, my poor herniated back: cry ) : there was no disappointment, no outrage. Just an absolutely stunned silence that lasted for about two three minutes.
    Nobody actually vould believe their eyes and just desperately tried to ignore what had happened (i even heard whispers to the left and right of me to that effect: "no, no, no. That didn't hapen" "it wasn't in. It can't have been").

Very interesting.
    I felt so sorry for a lot of people afterwards. Everybody just looked so dismal.
    I just wanted to hug them all. sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It was a final where one side was going to hurt a lot more than usual seeing as both teams had never won it before. I hope Holland win it one day but with three failed attempts it must be becoming a psychological drawback.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    This was posted by Graham Watt over at FSM

Thank you thank you, I am so proud now, so proud I achieved that nobody other poor footballistically bad country do, I win the Mundial Cup, thank you thank you, I want dedicate it to my parents, my lovely girl, to my friends, to everyone what I can not remember now it is so intense the feeling of proud! I am so desrved, thank you, for live in spain, for work in spain, for have a spain girl, and for have a such grand footballistically good country of boys I am can to be proud. How is it feel to be in a bad footballistical country? How is it feel to be in german? You play so very bad football, you don't win yesterday! And how is it feel to be a Hollander, you are no football country, all is kick kick kick on the leg and go over! You can put your cheese and windmills and tulip flowers in your bottom! And your bitches in the window on the street! And how is it feel to be England. He is a very very bad footballistical country, and the player with the potato head is very very bad and ugly, not similar to my Spain team of big proud boys! I am proud now to be do this! I give a thanks to my parents and friends for help me to be such happy today!

Killed me! lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Is this supposed to make fun of Spaniards' ways and English? Who is this guy? Reminded me of Jordi's ways btw biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Is this supposed to make fun of Spaniards' ways and English? Who is this guy? Reminded me of Jordi's ways btw biggrin

Graham is an old ( on-line ) friend of mine from MovieMusic.com ( though he mostly posts at FSM now ), he's Scottish ( I think that says it all wink ) and is married to a Spaniard and has lived in Spain for many years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah, what i imagined then wink Hehhe totally sounds like Jordi wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    As I said over at FSM, I still don't get it. Must be a reference I'm missing. But it's funny in the way that a guy who has drunk too much coffee is funny to listen to.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, he's being caustic towards Spaniards' crazy ways, attitude and well, ODD use of the English language i guess? I thought it was pretty obvious to anyone who knows Jordi wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2010
    And now the thing is over with
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2010