• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    Now it's your chance.

http://i.ppstatic.com/popup/worldcup/vuvu/

You can only kill 4 people. I'm disappointed.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. Keita of Ivory Coast is a giant doosh, he just lured Kaka to his second yellow card for completely faking an elbow, I hope he gets suspended and not Kaka, now that would be justice angry
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2010
    South Africa beat France 2-1

Their manager couldn't even shake hands with the South African manager.....totally disgusting.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hahah France is pitiful this year.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Indeed they are and the manager needs a slap.

Greece v Argentina now.

Come on Greece punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Your keeper is very good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

Greece v Argentina now.

Come on Greece punk

Come on Argentina!

I HATE the type of football Greece is playing (under Rehagel's command). Destructive, cynical, overly defensive, boring....sorry D, no personal offense to you or the Greeks, just a matter of football philosophy. Norway was guilty of some of the same back in the 90's (and even today, to a certain extent), so it makes it difficult for me to be patriotic some times.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Timmer wrote
    South Africa beat France 2-1

Their manager couldn't even shake hands with the South African manager.....totally disgusting.

indeed, I'm glad France got what they deserved, they got to this World Cup thanks to cheating (Henry's hand during the match against Ireland), I'm glad they pay the price for that now

as of the coach, it seems he didn't want to shake his hands because the coach of the South Africans said something about that incident of Henry, but who didn't then? tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Greece v Argentina now.

Come on Greece punk

Come on Argentina!

I HATE the type of football Greece is playing (under Rehagel's command). Destructive, cynical, overly defensive, boring....sorry D, no personal offense to you or the Greeks, just a matter of football philosophy. Norway was guilty of some of the same back in the 90's (and even today, to a certain extent), so it makes it difficult for me to be patriotic some times.

Though I agree 100% with you on Greece style it would go against every single fibre of my being to want Argentina to win.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2010 edited
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Greece v Argentina now.

Come on Greece punk

Come on Argentina!

I don't like out football too but COME ON GREECE!!!! punk

I'm sorry that Cyprus is not there too so we would celebreate the matched with D together!

Also Argentina is my favourite team, when not playing with Greece of course. wink
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Though I agree 100% with you on Greece style it would go against every single fibre of my being to want Argentina to win.

Oh? What's with the Argentina grudge? They have Maradona, they have Messi, they play entertaining football....what's not to like?

By the way, why didn't Rehagel do anything when they were under? At least TRIED a little more offensive strategy? Good riddance, is my opinion on that ol' geezer. Hopefully, he'll be sacked and Greece can build a new and more engaging team.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Oh? What's with the Argentina grudge? They have Maradona, they have Messi, they play entertaining football....what's not to like?

The Falklands War, I imagine.

I agree with you about Greece. Horrible football they played. And - time to let bygones be bygones - Maradonna justs oozes cool!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2010 edited
    Drug snorting fat midget hand-ball cheat!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2010
    OK. Some of us seem more ready to move on than others. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anyway, BIG day for England today. Will they go out of the World Cup at the group stage for the first time ever? Seemed inconceivable when the groups were announced - especially since we've got one of the best managers in the world - but is now a distinct possibility.
  3. I think that England will manage to progress to the next round. They've had the kick up the backside. I don't think that it will be pretty to watch.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    USA and England advance! What a lovely couple.... smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Damn, Thor is right. Our team never knew how to play, especially now that they are older. It's just that they got extremely lucky in the past. Anyway, last night they played in completely egoistical, unorganized fashion and they got what they deserve. I am happy they're out so fanatics here stop complaining and focus on the real teams eventually, as the final matches slowly come closer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Damn, Thor is right. Our team never knew how to play, especially now that they are older. It's just that they got extremely lucky in the past. Anyway, last night they played in completely egoistical, unorganized fashion and they got what they deserve. I am happy they're out so fanatics here stop complaining and focus on the real teams eventually, as the final matches slowly come closer.

The players are partially to blame, yes, but Rehagel is the real architecht behind the destructive play. Maybe if he is sacked now, you'll be able to build a new and more entertaining team.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    They are to blame too as they've always been known to be egoistical nancyboys who play for themselves and not in a team-like way. That sort of playing got away with getting the euro in 2004 'cause of extremely many cases of good sheer luck which they took advantage of as isolated players being in the right position the right moment, but it doesn't pay anymore. And 6 years passed since, most of them can't play up to those standards anymore, thus the volunteering 3 changes last night, with the team's top and older 3 players being too tired or hurt to continue and walking out the field themselves in the first half.
  4. What's with calling back USA goals? That happening once was weird enough, but twice in two games at the world cup? It's almost conspiratorial! I'm glad they're moving on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Happy to see both Germany and Ghana advance. Both play entertaining, attacking football.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    Happy to see both Germany and Ghana advance. Both play entertaining, attacking football.

Very enjoyable game this evening. England must face Germany next, which will be a very different (and infinitely more difficult) kind of challenge than they have faced so far.
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2010 edited
    Thor wrote

I'm probably biased here but after watching our boys - Australia - over the past two games, clearly we deserved to go through more than Ghana. Correct me if I'm wrong but Ghana failed to score a single goal in the run of play through 270 minutes of football, 70 of which were played with an extra man. I think they're an average team - their only 2 scores came from penalties - one of which was a disgraceful decision against Harry Kewell as the whole world must surely know! wink

We were disastrous in the first game but were unbelievably gutsy in the last two matches. We can certainly exit with our heads held up high. God, wouldn't we have loved for the cards to have fallen right for an Australia-England matchup!! cheesy

Anyway, I'm just bitter now and have little interest in the whole thing - other than to pray anyone but Italy wins of course! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2010
    I don't think the federation wants the USA to advance, though I'm glad they did. It would be like England forming a USA type football team and coming to America and beating the Minnesota Vikings in a match. The NFL is our sport and the largest by far in this country. With the trillion dollars or so at stake as far as the NFL is concerned do you think they would permit anything to interfere with them??? I'm happy they advanced but don't look for much more.

As far as France is concerned I'll tell you this based on my experience in retail. The French were by far the most difficult people to deal with. The women especially were rude, obnoxious, and of course knew everything. There were times when I would politely say to them I'm sorry I can't help you and move to the next customer. By the way people from England, Greece, Italy, Germany, Norway, and even Scotland were very nice.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, some French don't exactly have the best of reputation when it comes to manners wink *

* and personal hygiene biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Mate you got that right. Sorry to be racist about this but this has been my experience.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, it can also be funny sometimes. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I love the French. The people have been wonderful and welcoming every time I've been there. Beautiful country, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    But anyway - Italy out of the World Cup too. Unbelievable - both of the finalists from last time have fallen at the first hurdle without winning a game at the group stage.