• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2010 edited
    I blame our invisible 12th player. Everyone keeps passing to him and then he fucks it up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2010
    Hahaha England really sucks this year; they play unbelievably bad. France, Italy, England, Greece, they all suck donkey balls this year smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    Yes! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    That was a really fun match. cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Well at least I can go to the pub again now..
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I'm already pished.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2010 edited
    My apologies to the English. It´s a shame that goal didn´t count. Of course I was shocked like everyone else how fast England was back into the game again, but denying them that goal by braindead FIFA rules was unbelievable.

I´m just very, very happy that Germany was able to get two more done, especially the way it happened, so that this victory, in the end, was won honarably. There´s already way too much ridiculous bullshit spread by the press, and the way the players from both teams shook hands after the game, and the fans too, showed that maybe it´s time to move forward and take the shit that happened 70 years ago as if it happened 70 years ago and not during yesterday´s teatime.

I think the english team can return home with heads high; they really fought very hard and gave their best.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DemonStar wrote

What match did you watch!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I just watched the summary and I can't believe the referee denied England's goal shocked

Referees are human, they have to make decisions in seconds, blah blah blah.... but denying Lampard's goal? Simply scandalous. Oh, and the linesman didn't see it either? confused I mean it was not about inches, it was totally in!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Say what? That was one of - if not THE most entertaining match of the cup so far. Lots of action, attacking, drama, controversy etc.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Even I - as a Scotsman - acknowledge that England were robbed of a goal. In all probability the ref was unsighted by the goalie. But the linesman (or whatever they're called now) should have spotted that.

But it wouldn't have made a difference to the outcome. Germany deserved to go through on the basis that they were the better team.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010
    Soccer referee's are worse than NFL ones
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Thor wrote
    Steven wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Say what? That was one of - if not THE most entertaining match of the cup so far. Lots of action, attacking, drama, controversy etc.

^ That. wink cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Excellent football day. 9 goals (well, 10 really smile) in 2 matches - wish all matches were that good! High expectations for Germany vs. Argentina now... hopefully it won't suck, like the Brazil-Portugal game...
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    A very good match indeed. I can't wait for the upcoming Dutch victory!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Football, the real kind, starts in about 6 weeks
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You mean the weird aberrant kind they introduced in the USA (as opposed to...well, the rest of the world)?

My word, Americans do take themselves as a global measure, do they not...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    sdtom wrote

You mean handegg starts in about 6 weeks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sdtom wrote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thanks, D. rolleyes
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin You're welcome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    To be honest though, i am not sure what's obvious for the rest of the world automatically applies to some americans as well wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hear, bloody hear. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I would love to see Germany put together a team of German people and come to America and play American Football against the Minnesota Vikings. They would have as much of a chance winning as the US in the world cup soccer. Make fun of our sport if you will but it is still a trillion dollar industry now and growing. I don't care for regular soccer and don't watch it and you can do the same with the NFL.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...and your "football" players would get trounced were they to come over here and play against the England rugby team. Swings and roundabouts really. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    You might be surprised Steven smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Good match from the Netherlands today. What a match we'll get if they go up against Brazil in the quarter final!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Man, I wish I could make some smart comment about having a foreign team come to India and try not being trounced in a game but I can't find a single sport in which we'd win outright. Maybe Kabbadi

Anyways, it's awesome that the USA did so well in the world cup despite the lack of interest/support from most people here. It's like the general attitude has been like this
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    If only we can avoid penalties wink