• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2010
    sdtom wrote
    You might be surprised Steven smile

I doubt it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Only difference is that German or British teams, national or not, don't give a fudge about NFL, whilst Americans constantly try to convince people they actually know how to play football (wts is soccer wink )
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    BhelPuri wrote
    It's like the general attitude has been like this

lol
    (The "stupid sport" item, obviously. Not the branched baby.)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    sdtom wrote

I doubt it.

Second that.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. England robbed of goal, Mexico f..ked by the referee

gotta love FIFA to keep neglecting to use video replays vomit
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    BhelPuri wrote
    It's like the general attitude has been like this

lol
    (The "stupid sport" item, obviously. Not the branched baby.)

This proves all our points here, basically.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    ...and your "football" players would get trounced were they to come over here and play against the England rugby team. Swings and roundabouts really. wink

FACT!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    My apologies to the English. It´s a shame that goal didn´t count. Of course I was shocked like everyone else how fast England was back into the game again, but denying them that goal by braindead FIFA rules was unbelievable.

I´m just very, very happy that Germany was able to get two more done, especially the way it happened, so that this victory, in the end, was won honarably. There´s already way too much ridiculous bullshit spread by the press, and the way the players from both teams shook hands after the game, and the fans too, showed that maybe it´s time to move forward and take the shit that happened 70 years ago as if it happened 70 years ago and not during yesterday´s teatime.

I think the english team can return home with heads high; they really fought very hard and gave their best.

I agree with everything you said, Ralph, except that the England team should come back with their heads bowed in shame, they played terribly all the way through this tournament.

Anyway, well done Germany, you totally anihilated us and deservedly so, I hope you go on to do very well but I feel this year it'll be Brazil that wins.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010
    Steven wrote
    sdtom wrote

I doubt it.

As I said Steven you might be surprised
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    sdtom wrote
    Steven wrote
    sdtom wrote

I doubt it.

As I said Tom I doubt it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Steven wrote
    sdtom wrote

I doubt it.

As I said Tom I doubt it.

Second that for the second time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    You know what gentleman you could be right.
  2. Rugby players may be tough as nails, but there are some gigantic and extremely powerful NFL players. While they could probably take the hits better, I'm not sure the average rugby player can match the average NFL player for size and strength.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    My God, what an enormous bore the Japan-Paraguay match is. Hope things will pick up with the Spain-Portugal match later on.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, was going to say something about their relationship with the football in general but i changed my mind smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    It's dragging on endlessly. But a good save by Paraguay's goalkeeper.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Poor Kamano (or whatever his name was) who missed the penalty. I feel with him. sad
    I am extremely serious.
  3. how was our national referee De Bleeckere?
    Did he do something stupid (he was the referee during Japan - Paraguay)
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I think the english team can return home with heads high; they really fought very hard and gave their best.
    I agree with everything you said, Ralph, except that the England team should come back with their heads bowed in shame, they played terribly all the way through this tournament.
    Well, I must admit I haven´t seen any of their previous games, and I´m anything but an expert on football, but I thought they showed some real spirit during the first half. Having suffered two goals by Germany and then coming back big time was very impressing. Maybe getting denied that second goal broke their spirit, but up to then they seemed quite motivated. But I´ve been following the british press after the game, and since then I´ve become more aware of the problems you seem to have with your team. I really hope things will change soon for the better.

Anyway, well done Germany, you totally anihilated us and deservedly so, I hope you go on to do very well but I feel this year it'll be Brazil that wins.
    Many thanks. We´ll see what happens, and if we have to get through Brazil to win the cup, I hope for the best. Argentina will be hard enough, first.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Christodoulides wrote
    Only difference is that German or British teams, national or not, don't give a fudge about NFL, whilst Americans constantly try to convince people they actually know how to play football (wts is soccer wink )

The viewing audience for the Superbowl in the US was right at 100 million, a pretty good percentage. In general this country doesn't care about soccer just like you don't care about the NFL. Its an American thing like Apple, Hollywood, and Starbucks. Not for the Euro at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    rolleyes Apple, Hollywood and Starbucks are far from being American-exclusive these days dear Tom. Have you ever traveled outside the US lately?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Christodoulides wrote
    rolleyes Apple, Hollywood and Starbucks are far from being American-exclusive these days dear Tom. Have you ever traveled outside the US lately?

American companies whose target market is the US consumer not the European population. Do you think that the test market to sell beer and wine at Starbucks was based on what Europeans think? I don't think so. That was my point. We're both unique properties.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Starbucks is EVERYWHERE slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Started in the US not Europe. Apple started in the US not Europe. Hollywood makes movies for the US market not Europe.
  4. sdtom wrote
    Hollywood makes movies for the US market not Europe.

shocked

Very US-centric comment!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    sdtom wrote

shocked

Very US-centric comment!
    cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    sdtom wrote

Maybe, but most of times international box office saves a movie form being a total flop.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010 edited
    Alright, enough with the US talk in this thread already! Leave the Americans to their cars and their McDonald's and their handeggs and whatever! Let's talk FOOTBALL!

Must admit that I was impressed by Spain today. Very good direct play. It wasn't very impressive in the league play (especially not the match they lost), but Portugal never really had a chance, not even with Ronaldo.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    sdtom wrote

shocked

Very US-centric comment!

Yeah, Hollywood makes movies for Americans but by using European and worldwide history, heritage, religion, constitution and governmental systems, language, and music.