• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010
    While this may not be an issue in Europe this is a major step in this country. The plastic bags are nasty as you all know. I bring canvas bags to the market these days.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Not a bad idea.
    Even though recycled/recyclable plastic bags are far less polluting than the "old" bags used to be, everything that cuts dependency on crude oil certainly gets my vote.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    A good thing! Plastic bags in Belgium are not banned, but not very common anymore. I also heard China had banned them last year I think.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    China bans everything anyway.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    applause
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    China bans everything anyway.

Not cats & dogs which can be very tasty when marinated.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    This is why the have small dicks though. God is fair.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Your logic is infallible.

(I always thought of God as rather white-haired, though)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    This is why the have small dicks though. God is fair.

biggrin

I don't think they've banned killing Tibetans either.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I think that down the road the state is considering the return to returnable bottles. Those glass bottles last for 8 years on average.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Martijn wrote
    Not a bad idea.
    Even though recycled/recyclable plastic bags are far less polluting than the "old" bags used to be, everything that cuts dependency on crude oil certainly gets my vote.

Don't be too sure it does. Since paper bags take up several times more room than plastic bags, it requires four times as many trucks to transport them. Wouldn't surprise me if it actually increases pollution.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    sdtom wrote
    While this may not be an issue in Europe this is a major step in this country. The plastic bags are nasty as you all know. I bring canvas bags to the market these days.
    Thomas

That's great, but I hope the US eventually begins to regulate and cut down where it REALLY counts - their massive car park!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010 edited
    Here in Wales, from next year sometime, shops will be charging 7p per bag. We've slowly moved over to canvas bags for our shopping but some of our recycling collections want the bottles/containers separated - into plastic bags.

dizzy
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2010
    Thor wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas

That's great, but I hope the US eventually begins to regulate and cut down where it REALLY counts - their massive car park!

The US could certainly improve in the car area
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2010
    Here in Canada we are charged $0.05 per plastic bag. The reusable bags are a $1.00 each. We have about 20 of those reusable bags but sometimes I forget to bring them with me... oh well, $0.05 each to replenish my plastic bag supply isn't a bad thing. Plus, if you do bring reusuable bags but need a plastic bag for meat and such they'll give you a few plastic bags for free.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Sounds like the same system we're adopting here in Wales.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2010
    Looks like Mr. Minchin is getting through to people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVh15aUt8-c
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2010
    The state of Minnesota where I now reside is the complete opposite of California. There is no recycle on plastic bottles or cans, in otherwords no fee at all. You can pretty much throw away whatever you wish. I've engaged in a debate or two and the conclusion is I'm one of those people from California. I am and proud of it.