• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010
    Oh dear Lord. Seriously.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The complete score to LOST. Every note. Every single 5 second-sustained-volin-note too. Why not? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The only one that I can think of that comes to mind is Shane. I've got parts of it with the New Zealand Symphony. I understand like BYOOL the material is damaged.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010 edited
    Byool? confused

EDIT: Never mind. Best Years Of Our Lives. obviously. shame
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Best Years of Our Lives
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thanks Alan, it hit me as I pressed 'Add your comments'. Hence my edit. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Ya think I like that score!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nah.
    I guess you're more a Ramin Djawadi kinda guy. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Cristi, my new friend, would reply. What planet is he from.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    And the little voice in my head that throughout my life has prompted me into so much trouble, would suggest me to answer ''from the planet Irony, somehere in the Kidding system in the left spiral arm of the Sarcasm Galaxy''.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    And I bet that's not even a real place.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Damn. Rumbled. shame
  2. With so much having been released already, the obvious ones for me are without a doubt:

- Hook Complete
    - Willow Complete

And I'm not against full score & song releases of

- The Lion King
    - The Prince of Egypt

And I think I'll join Steven for a really good produced Batman & Robin score, I don't need it to be the complete score, just a healthy 60 - 70 minutes would make me happy too.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorShawnS
    Willow (Complete or Expanded) and Conan The Barbarian (Complete or Expanded) are my holy grails at the moment and both deserve expanded treatment considering the amount of music left off of the official releases.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Sounds stupid I know, but Marc Shaiman's score to George Of The Jungle. I've yearned for this since I was eight. It's so upbeat and happy! And Shaiman's orchestrations are wonderful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    confused
    But surely a thoruogh 18 track score for George Of The Jungle is available?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The promo's alright, but it's missing a lot of the best music. There'a 31 track complete out there *somewhere* but I've only been able to hear one track from it which cuts off at the end. sad

Wants.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    31 tracks of george of the jungle? Damn you're a happy man for sure!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I agree with Martijn (again!). Stuff that has already seen a dedicated soundtrack release doesn't really qualify as a Holy Grail. However, if there's a release like GREMLINS with only one or two tracks from a score that has otherwise FAR more to offer, it might.

My usual response to the query Timmer posts is "anything unreleased by Williams, Elfman and Goldenthal". But to be a little more specific and select my most-wanted items of their unreleased stuff, it would have to be something like this:

Williams:

FAMILY PLOT (the suspense cues ain't very interesting, but the thematic material is)
    SUGARLAND EXPRESS (it's outrageous that his first collaboration with Spielberg is not available!)
    THE RARE BREED (the suite is good, but not representative of the score)
    THE PLAINSMAN (Williams + Western = Greatness)
    DADDY'S GONE A-HUNTING (because it has a zany title theme and I'd love to hear more)
    DADDY-O (because it's the first)

...and then a whole bunch of TV things (a GILLIGAN'S ISLAND compilation would be nifty, for example) and concert works (let's hear his Symphony No. 1 already!).

Elfman:

SUMMER SCHOOL (very nice 8 minutes of early, breezy Elfman)
    SCROOGED (lovely dark Christmas music!)
    THE FORTUNE TELLER (puppet show music)
    RABBIT & ROGUE (ballet)
    OVEREAGER OVERTURE (concert piece)

...and a whole bunch of unreleased bits and pieces from various media that should be gathered on a future compilation.

Goldenthal:

FOOL'S FIRE (oddball Julie Taymour film from the early 90's)
    BATMAN & ROBIN (the album presentation EG prepared in the 90's, but that never came to pass)
    GRAND ISLE (period/costume drama from the early 90's!)

....and a whole bunch of concert works, theatre scores and early film scores from the 70s.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Oh, and no - I have no desire for any expanded release of any score whatsoever.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Move on. Move on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote
    Oh, and no - I have no desire for any expanded release of any score whatsoever.

Really, Thor? We thought you might have changed your mind after the 999th time you told us.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    997th you illiterate youngster.
  3. Holy shit I forgot about Gremlins. Definitely in need of a release. Can't believe I overlooked that one. shame
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Anthony wrote
    The promo's alright, but it's missing a lot of the best music. There'a 31 track complete out there *somewhere* but I've only been able to hear one track from it which cuts off at the end. sad

Wants.

Haha, real painful then that I owned it once... heard it once... and deleted it again shame
    Had no idea it was this hard to find, since I just stumbled upon it without looking!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You'd make Anthony's day by attempting to stumble again? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    For me, the only ones that I'm looking out for right now:

BATMAN & ROBIN - Elliot Goldenthal
    METROPOLIS - Abel Korzeniowski version
    GREMLINS - Jerry Goldsmith

But I'm not sure if these classify as 'holy grails' per se. It's more that I become enthusiastic about a classic score once they'll be released. As there are numerous previously released scores that would be great for a more expanded release (HOOK, for example, or JURASSIC PARK, THE LOST WORLD...).
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Martijn wrote
    You'd make Anthony's day by attempting to stumble again? smile

Had PM contact with him in the past, and I've seen it come up in the forum a few times, so `i've kept my eyes open since. But I've got other sources now, and it hasn't come up since unfortunately sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Arnold - Shaft
    Arnold - The Stepford Wives

Complete & chronological (besides the obvious ones like the Star Wars and Indiana Jones films):

Williams - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    Williams - The Lost World: Jurassic Park
    Elfman - Mission: Impossible
    Elfman - The Nightmare before Christmas
    Snow - The X-Files: Fight the Future
    Revell - The Saint
    Arnold - Tomorrow Never Dies
    Arnold - The World Is Not Enough
    Horner - Clear and Present Danger

TV series:

MacGyver (also the two TV-films)
    The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
    Agatha Christie's Poirot
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    BobdH wrote
    Anthony wrote

Wants.

Haha, real painful then that I owned it once... heard it once... and deleted it again shame
    Had no idea it was this hard to find, since I just stumbled upon it without looking!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! cry

If you ever come across it again please let me know!

fommes wrote
    Arnold - Shaft

Want.

Williams - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Also want.

Williams - The Lost World: Jurassic Park

Also want very much.

Arnold - Tomorrow Never Dies

Want but boot will do.

Arnold - The World Is Not Enough

Want.