• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2010
    - Bird on a Wire (Hans Zimmer) must be some of the worst music i've ever heard in my entire life. So childishly amateurish and with a painful sound that pierced my ears sad shame
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Christodoulides wrote
    - Bird on a Wire (Hans Zimmer) must be some of the worst music i've ever heard in my entire life. So childishly amateurish and with a painful sound that pierced my ears sad shame

yet so goddamn fun, at least for me, I grew up with this movie smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. I agree, with D.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. PawelStroinski wrote
    I agree, with D.

Zimmer wasn't happy with it neither, but it does have a lot of fans who want to see this one released, it's an easy 3 stars for me
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Is 3 stars a Holy Grail?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Minus 3 i'd say smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2010 edited
    Just remembered:

The Shadow - Jerry Goldsmith.

I really Really REALLY REALLY WANT! the complete remastered version of this wonderful score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I would agree, it's missing some great tracks from the film.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I agree, with D.

Zimmer wasn't happy with it neither, but it does have a lot of fans who want to see this one released, it's an easy 3 stars for me

Good themes, but awful orchestrations and everything else.
  5. Steven wrote
    Is 3 stars a Holy Grail?

no, but that doesn't mean I don't want to see it released, holy grail is something you like no matter what, and that you want desperately released
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2010 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I agree, with D.

Good themes, but awful orchestrations and everything else.

PROVE IT!

Nah, I don't care.
    I have lots of affinity for the music. Great themes, for the sure. I would love to have an official, version with good sound.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2010
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Steven wrote
    Is 3 stars a Holy Grail?

no, but that doesn't mean I don't want to see it released, holy grail is something you like no matter what, and that you want desperately released

QFT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Something tells me that my own film music holy grail will be released next week:

IT'S COMING!

Date: 6/15/2010
    Finally! Robert Townson's 1,000th album will be announced on June 28.

Never has there been as elaborate a production of a single film score in all of film music history.

This single, very special CD Club announcement will take place at the usual time.
  6. That must be Spartacus.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  7. I wonder how much it will be, if I can borrow money from my brother this time lol

I don't have a credit card and he does. Varese doesn't accept PayPal (SAE does)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Something tells me that my own film music holy grail will be released next week:

IT'S COMING!

Date: 6/15/2010
    Finally! Robert Townson's 1,000th album will be announced on June 28.

Never has there been as elaborate a production of a single film score in all of film music history.

This single, very special CD Club announcement will take place at the usual time.

I will be back just in time cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    My Holy Grails are becoming fewer and fewer.
    But I still await: Star Trek: The Motion Picture (complete) - Goldsmith
    Star Trek 5: The Final Frontier (complete) - Goldsmith
    Explorers (complete) - Goldsmith
    The Trouble With Angels (complete) - Goldsmith
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2010 edited
    Yeah, it's probably SPARTACUS. I have no particular need for this myself (I have the MCA CD with a few extra cuts and that's fine by me....it's not really one of my fav scores anyway), but judging by the immense interest (especially over at FSM), it's going to be a big seller.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I have no holy grails shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    While I will buy Spartacus without a moment's hesitation, in reality, assuming it's got 3 CDs of score (I believe it is long enough to sustain that) and all the alternates and so on that Mark Isham "spoiled" earlier in the year - likely meaning it will be at least a 4 CD release - then it's not likely to be something I truly have time to savour - and I'm not really sure I have any holy grails any more either. I've got more than enough CDs to sustain me for the rest of my life.

(A better release of Star Trek: The Motion Picture wouldn't go amiss though.)
  8. lp wrote
    Just remembered:

The Shadow - Jerry Goldsmith.

I really Really REALLY REALLY WANT! the complete remastered version of this wonderful score.

Agreed. The expanded boot is easily double the fun.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2010 edited
    Michael Kamen: Die Hard Trilogy & Lethal Weapon Trilogy

I love Kamen's work on these movies and I would enjoy a complete release of these scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2010
    lp wrote

I love Kamen's work on these movies and I would enjoy a complete release of these scores.

No complete stuff, please, but I'd definitely like to see some of them more available (especially the first LETHAL WEAPON).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    lp wrote

No complete stuff, please, but I'd definitely like to see some of them more available (especially the first LETHAL WEAPON).

Well, Kamen did release the first one on his own label... unfortunately it was a small batch and now a new copy can fetch $200. I'm so glad I got one at the time. Great score, great album!

As for Die Hard... I would love for someone to fix the mess that was the Varese Club releases. I'm curious as to why it was mastered to sounded like it was recorded in the 1950's.

But my Kamen holy grail still remains a complete release of his best score... Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    As for Die Hard... I would love for someone to fix the mess that was the Varese Club releases. I'm curious as to why it was mastered to sounded like it was recorded in the 1950's.

Now we're into double-dip territory on the limited editions, I think it's only a matter of time.

I never picked up that Lethal Weapon release at the time... so I hope someone does that one again too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Now we're into double-dip territory on the limited editions, I think it's only a matter of time.

I never picked up that Lethal Weapon release at the time... so I hope someone does that one again too.

I didn't have the money at the time for both of those Die Hard and Lethal Weapon release, and when I did have the money, both were sold out, and I ended up downloading both of those scores. I would totally get the complete release of both trilogy scores. Just excellent music.
  9. Erik Woods wrote
    But my Kamen holy grail still remains a complete release of his best score... Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves!

-Erik-

indeed, how could I have forgotten that one shame

so much great music missing from the original score, I want the amazing forest action music and the final battle action music, will buy an expanded one in a heartbeat
  10. ^

I listened to Erik's wonderful suite and I had forgotten how good that score actually is. shame

It's Kamen's very own Cutthroat Island.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I wouldn't want a complete edition of ROBIN HOOD, but I would like someone to clean up the segues between the tracks. There's some weird fade-outs going on there, almost in the middle of a musical passage.
    I am extremely serious.