• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2010
    I can't believe we actually have a thread for this. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    But surely, Anthony, the best place for advice on women is on a film score internet forum?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Maybe you're right. Film score geeks thrive with women, and they can only increase their levels attraction by discussing it with others on the internet.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Infact I think the chances can only improve if they discuss it with people separated by different cultures and countries. It's all the same wherever you are.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    And the fact that there are so many women in this forum makes it necessary to have such a thread! rolleyes
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Stavroula wrote
    And the fact that there are so many women in this forum makes it necessary to have such a thread! rolleyes

That makes it more important than EVER! wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2010 edited
    Steven wrote
    But surely, Anthony, the best place for advice on women is on a film score internet forum?

You don't think there will be PLENTY of people on forums EXACTLY like these, with a pretty high Geek Level, that find themselves in comparable situations?

For sheer experience, forums like these cannot be beat by any expert.
    From that point of view it's eminently logical to me to ask such questions here rather than elsewhere.

(And hey! We have threads on religion, dreams, food, sports... why the hell not on dating?)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Whatever helps you sleep at night. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I think you'll find we have a thread on booze as well. biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    See, that's the kind of thread you need if you find yourself needing this thread. drink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    And your bleeding nose on the way to the infirmary.
    Where you might meet a nice nurse.

...and do the same thing again. Hell, you could work your way all the way to the mortuary.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    We need a separate Mortuary Thread in here, rather than Bregt just throwing mortuaries willy-nilly all over the Now Playing thread.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    You can laugh all you want right now, but when I mortuary you, you will not like it.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    The Forum God has spoken! I would be scared if I were you!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh, I'm afraid alright.
    Mortuarily afraid.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Mortuaryfied even.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    Mortuaryfied even.

Close but not quite...
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2010
    The date last night went well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Went well as in WEEEEEENT WEEELLLLLLL... punk or went well? kiss

biggrin

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Steven wrote
    If you see a woman you like, my advice is to grab her hooters and compliment her on them. Chicks dig that kind of thing, trust me.

biggrin
    Erik Woods wrote
    Went well as in WEEEEEENT WEEELLLLLLL... punk or went well? kiss

biggrin

-Erik-

A little bit of column A and a little bit of column B.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Cool! Well done.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Somehow with some of the advice he was given its a miracle. Communication is the key. I've told her anything she wants to know about me honestly good and bad and it makes her feel very comfortable.
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2010 edited
    sdtom wrote
    Somehow with some of the advice he was given its a miracle. Communication is the key. I've told her anything she wants to know about me honestly good and bad and it makes her feel very comfortable.
    Thomas smile

Well as Steven suggested, grabbing her breasts didn't hurt... biggrin

Just kidding! Our clothes definitely stayed on. We went out to dinner, went on a walk, went back to her place and watched Up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2010
    I wish you luck Kevin. Relationships could be the hardest thing you'll ever do in your life. You'll laugh at me but sometimes I wish you could take a pill to turn off the physical feelings. That way you'd look at the relationship differently. This has to be your best friend and at the same time your hearts have to become one. I've tried for 40+ years and always failed so I wish you luck
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010
    First of all, I'm not an experienced dater because I met my hubby at the age of 15 haha and we never dated, we just stayed together.
    wink

Secondly, I don't feel like an average woman either and I don't think I understand women well myself...

But, I am absolutely allergic to men who try to impress me by talking about things I like (and they don't). I'm allergic to men who try too hard and I would absolutely hate it if a guy chose a movie I would like and it's very obvious he wouldn't.

Except when it's in a cute way or when it's something special as a surprise,. but then it's all clear and the message is 'hey this is for you'. But not that pretending he likes it too or something, ugh...

Do you know what I find attractive in a man? When he has a passion or interest and talks about it.
    Of course not all the time, but I mean when he's honest and authentic and transparant and when you can see that it's something true.

Basically what Tom said, when a man shows himself in all ways, that is nice.

As for movies, try to find something you both like. If there is nothing you both like, perhaps the date was a bad idea to begin with. Don't fake anything please. If you still want the date, I would risk chosing a movie you like yourself and dare show it to her. If it doens't work out, it's her loss really.

(and if you're just desperate for sex, why spend money on a movie first wink )
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010 edited
    Bregje wrote
    If it doens't work out, it's her loss really.

Men generally SO don't feel it that way... sad

wink
    I agree with all that you say, with one exception: I honestly wouldn't mind picking out a film a date would like, but I thought I might not. While it's great to find and share something you like, in my experience havinga good (and open-minded) conversation about something both peple have converse opinions on, is just as interetsing and instrumental in getting to know someone else better.

Some of the best dates I had were when we went out and did/saw/listened to something we actually didn't agree on (although there were plenty of dates where there was a meeting of minds and souls which is just as rewarding, obviously.

Bregje wrote
    (and if you're just desperate for sex, why spend money on a movie first wink )

shocked

But that's ...so pragmatic!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Go Bregje!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    wink

and @ Martijn:
    Bottom line of my post was, make it clear. Don't pretend or fake interest.
    Of course you'd like to know as much about her as she likes to know about you, but don't force yourself to like things she likes or pretend you like it. (you may think 'of course not' but you'd be suprised how often people do that)

It has to come out of true interest and not out of an attempt to impress.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Exactly; random chit chat just to impress her and pretend you're not interested in getting to have sexual intercouse with her at some point 'cause you have higher topics in your agenda or because you don't want her to think that you're treating her as a piece of meat (since when making love is a shame) is only going to bore the hell out of her.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.