• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010 edited
    Christodoulides sort of wrote

Exactly. Random chit chat and pretending you're not interest in having sex is not going to impress her. She'll most likely become bored by your attempts to avoid treating her like a piece of meat as well as trying desperately to show you have other agendas on your mind.

Well... it depends on the girl. I think some girls react positively to a guy who at least tries to take a less direct route. Then of course depending on how good you are at bullshitting, not every girl will realise you're being phony. It just depends on the girl.

Not that this is the only reason guys communicate with girls. Sometimes we speak to them because we want them to cook us something.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010 edited
    Steven wrote
    Not that this is the only reason guys communicate with girls. Sometimes we speak to them because we want them to cook us something.

biggrin

And there's also clothes and dishes. And the broom.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010
    Really? That's fascinating dear, now go get me a beer.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

biggrin

And there's also clothes and dishes. And the broom.

Specially the broom.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah women. They can be heaven but also a burden. In any case, we can't live without them smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregje wrote
    wink

and @ Martijn:
    Bottom line of my post was, make it clear. Don't pretend or fake interest.

I realize that, and of course I completely agree. smile
    Faking it will only get you so far. It will fail in the end.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Exactly; random chit chat just to impress her and pretend you're not interested in getting to have sexual intercouse with her at some point 'cause you have higher topics in your agenda or because you don't want her to think that you're treating her as a piece of meat (since when making love is a shame) is only going to bore the hell out of her.

Unless you're BOTH interested in a piece of meat that night. But then again, you're probably better off going to Big Horn Steak House.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2010
    Steven wrote
    I think some girls react positively to a guy who at least tries to take a less direct route. Then of course depending on how good you are at bullshitting, not every girl will realise you're being phony. It just depends on the girl.

But a less direct route to what?
    I think it depends on that mostly. If you want a girlfriend (or better, if you want her as your girlfriend because you really like her) then you want something else than when you want to have sex...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregje wrote
    Steven wrote
    I think some girls react positively to a guy who at least tries to take a less direct route. Then of course depending on how good you are at bullshitting, not every girl will realise you're being phony. It just depends on the girl.

But a less direct route to what?

Sex.

I was just responding to Demetris' particular hypothetical example, I wasn't really trying to make a big point. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Hm, then I doubt if they appreciate the less direct route. They might think you really like them! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh! We wouldn't want that! wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    We've started dating now, so understandably I'm a bit nervous.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2010
    Kevin don't be nervous! Be yourself and everything will work out fine! I agree with Bregje. Nobody likes it when what she/he gets is a fake icon of the person next to them. smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2010
    Quite so.
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010 edited
    edit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010
    Loved Hackman
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2010
    Master and Commander: Far Side of the World?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2010 edited
    KevinSmith wrote
    Master and Commander: Far Side of the World?

Well, that is the question isn't it? It greatly depends on whether you'd define a master or commander by the far side of the world, although the colon would seem to indicate that it would.

But even then you'd be hard pressed to actually define "far side".
    Would it just be "far away", which, in light of the era the story is set in, might just be Antwerp. Or even Brighton.
    Or in the sense of "opposite side", which would place things pretty much in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
    Unless you take protagonist Russel Crowe's origins -New Zealand, isn't it?- as a starting point, which would place the Far Side far more in the direction of Spain. And I doubt Russel Crowe is the Master OR Commander of Spain.
    Especially in that day and age.

So I guess it's all a matter of perspective.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I much prefer Gary Larson's definition. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ">biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Martijn wrote
    ">biggrin

Made me laugh out loud even though I've seen it many times.

Peter (perhaps the greatest Gary Larson fan evah) smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2013
    Kiss me baby.