• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Christodoulides wrote
    Hehe i can see the problems with the movie although i enjoyed it as mindless fun, but there;s nothing wrong with the score. Degrading it in every chance has become a large trend and i never understood why.

Depends where. Pearl Harbor is one of the prettiest Zimmer scores in his career. The screwed up process of making the movie and finally scoring it (Downgrading the budget to absolute minimum, Hans having issues with coming up with a theme, Hans scoring the movie against his instincts - as he once said, he was watching an action movie and scoring a love story, which eventually led to the score being written in 2-3 weeks and Klaus Badelt handling most of the action music, which, if you know the expanded score, is laughably badly written). I understand Hans's pain, but he both under and overplayed the movie at the same time.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2010
    I don't care for the expanded release. The official release is perfect and the score is full of 3 beautiful themes. The rest is mambo jumbo to me smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    It's maudlin, it's sentimental, it's sweeter than a sugar cone in an amusement park. It adds to the hopeless melodrama of the film. It may or may not work as an album, but in this case it is so tainted by the film experience that I can't listen to it (and yes, if you haven't noticed by now, I consider this one of the worst scores and films in history).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's a beautiful album; what are you people smoking.
  2. I love the album, Demetris. I hate it as a film score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote

The same stuff that has you saying Steve Jablonsky's scores are kick ass!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2010 edited
    But they are.
  3. they what?
  4. Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

The same stuff that has you saying Steve Jablonsky's scores are kick ass!

-Erik-

I do enjoy first Transformers score. Of the second, well, there is a very weak try at Basil Poledouris I like lol
  5. Anthony wrote
    Apparently the racist robots have been axed. Bay has even admitted the second film was atrocious and blamed it on the pressure from the studio to it released asap.

good to hear that, it's such a difference if you see the humor in the first and the humor in the second, I hope Bay returns with the humor of the first for the third movie, and let's hope he keeps the story simple as well, no need to bring the POTC plots and subplots and twist, just to create a story like he did for Transformers II
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  6. Gladly, Shia's character has been in a relationship before, so there won't be any lame masturbation jokes (in general the whole sequence with the Autobots trying to hide from Sam's parents at night was somewhat among the lamest in the movie)
  7. Didn't Megan Fox get herself fired from Transformers 3? After filming had already started? I have zero hopes for that film. I didn't even bother seeing the second one. I enjoyed one Bay film at one point in my life. Now, I do not enjoy any of them. He is, in my opinion, the worst big director in Hollywood. I'll probably not see another of his films in theaters. Maybe I'll watch parts of them when they're on TV, as much as I can stomach. People rave about his special effects, but other than some of the shots in Pearl Harbor they do nothing for me.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2010
    His films are truly dreadful.

With beers and friends I could watch Armageddon again though, stoopido and beyond, it's a fucking great laugh biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    His doing a third transformers? Who's scoring the music?
    • CommentAuthorLars
    Christodoulides wrote
    His doing a third transformers? Who's scoring the music?

imdb says steve jablonsky. i really like michael bay movies. i don't care about the fact, that you can tell the story of a bay movie in one sentence. his movies have great action, good humor, great cinematography, good looking "actress" and great bombastic scores. for me his movies are very good entertainment. so i'm really looking forward to the third transformers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I only want the score to be honest. smile Brainless Bay entertainment is down my paths too when i'm in the mood, but not the Transformers' movies; they bore the hell out of me.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I only want the score to be honest. smile Brainless Bay entertainment is down my paths too when i'm in the mood, but not the Transformers' movies; they bore the hell out of me.

Me too.

I don't like the effects either, everythings too fast with slick editing, I think they're afraid to slow things down because then we'd see all the flaws.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I dunno, the effects are pretty flawless I think - and the only redeeming features of the movies. That and Megan Fox's ass. (Yeah, I enjoy the score... but I wouldn't call it a redeeming feature. Nah.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Megan Fox's ass isn't an effect; it's heaven.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    That's the kinda ass you'd wanna pour beer over and drink as it drips off it.
    Mm.

Who's with me? Anyone? cheesy :high five:

....I'll getcha later.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, i'd doubt if anyone wasn't with you. DAMN what an image.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2010 edited
    We all know Tom would appreciate it.

moon
    beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    That's the kinda ass you'd wanna pour beer over and drink as it drips off it.
    Mm.

Who's with me? Anyone? cheesy :high five:

....I'll getcha later.

Yeap! I'd even pay for the beer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2010
    I am dying to see this remade by Michael Bay.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Hoooo.

That hurt my brain. shocked
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Sheeeeeeeeit!! (Clay Davis voice)
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  8. Christodoulides wrote

now that made my day biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2010
    Christodoulides wrote

Didn't like this, you do know that some of the footage of death is real.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2010
    http://cheezcomixed.files.wordpress.com … 97c320.jpg

Captured all the spirit!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2010
    His films' fx are getting more and more realistic!

http://www.viddler.com/explore/failblog/videos/942/