• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010 edited
    Demetris wrote:
    What music has Martin shared with you? That man is so kind, i met him in Soncinemad 2006 (among other maintitlers) and it was a great experience.

About the disc, it's this one: http://www.christophertin.com/callingalldawns.html

It's not film music, but it's all vocal tracks recorded with orchestra. The songs are in languages from all over the world. I think you'd love it too. If you like Mystery of the Nile and Ódysee de l'espece and Rahman and such and Martin's Africa compilation for instance you'll love this too although it's not african only. Japanese, Polish, Hebrew and now I'm at the Sanskrit song. In other words world music. Impressive with the orchestra as well. Recommended!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010
    Marselus wrote
    Are you sure? Hmmm...I can see a big, cold, mouthwatering pint of beer wink

't Was Bregt's.
    He's Belgian.
    He can't help himself.

Christodoulides wrote
    What music has Martin shared with you?

For Bregje Tintin brought Christopher Tin's Calling All Dawns (a world music work).
    For Bregt he brought Groupé's Excellius.
    For me he got Michel Cusson's Aurore, which apparently is a film composition in a quite classical style (so I'm very eagger to sample that!), and the song album to Vicky Bicky Barcelona...because it was Spanish-influenced! love
    The guy's just a sweetheart! He really is!
    beer
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Martijn wrote
    Marselus wrote

't Was Bregt's.
    He's Belgian.
    He can't help himself.

biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh, i can vouch for that too!

Bregje, thank you! Yvan Cassar is really close to my hear with those 2 discs. Sadly i never heard anything else from him but if i can find similar music, i'd be very grateful. Larry Groupe's Excelsius has some similar cues too.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I just noticed the clips, you can listen to clips from all tracks on that website I just sent the link of.
    Recommended!! And let me know what you think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    That goes for everyone by the way, listen to the clips here:
    http://www.christophertin.com/callingalldawns.html

The first one should blow you away already!
    And the second... and...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    thank you!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Marselus wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Marselus wrote

't Was Bregt's.
    He's Belgian.
    He can't help himself.

biggrin

It was a La Chouffe. Amber coloured beer from the Ardennes region. Very good! smile
    http://www.achouffe.be/en
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    It was a good meeting. It was too long ago I saw Bregje and Martijn, and meeting Martin is probably not going to happen again anytime soon either. But he is as kind and gentle as his presence online. I always thought of Martin as the friendliest guy around here, and it's true!

I haven't listened to the Excelsius cd but the gift was a awesome surprise, as what Bregje says, he knows what we like.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    What is a Hoegaarden?
    This is Hoegaarden.

lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2010 edited
    Thanks to all for your kind comments.
    Many thanks to you, Bregt for being a patient organizer of this meeting. Thanks for the pictures Martijn and your usual wit that I had the privilege to see "live in action"!
    It was a short visit and I must thank you all three to have travelled to Amsterdam to chat and spend some time together. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was one of the highlights of this trip. Like Bregje said, it felt like this wasn't the first time we met. I'm off to bed now. I was back to work today and I'm jet lagged. I'll post more pictures soon. In the meantime, here is one of the four of us:

http://i.imgur.com/BhpsW.jpg

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2010
    Welcome back.

Great picture! punk
    Kazoo
  1. Good picture! Nice to see you all again.

But, isn't everyone getting a little bit grayer now! wink

Obviously, that doesn't apply to you Bregje...or you Bregt. And now, come to mention it, it's more silver rather than gray for the older chaps. Maybe it's just the light?

Goodness! Isn't that column in the back very gray? And on such a gray day too!

Is the colour on my monitor going?

Phew! I think that I managed to get out of that sticky situation!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2010
    It's maturity. Chicks dig it smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2010 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote

But, isn't everyone getting a little bit grayer now! wink

While a lot of it is indeed due to the unkind light (compare my own pictures on the first page if you do not believe me), it is an irrefutable fact that time marches on relentlessly even for the best of us (me obviously bearing witness to that very fact).

But like D. says: chicks certainly do dig it.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn