• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2010 edited
    So, this afternoon, Bregt and myself met up in Amsterdam with Bregje and Martin "Tintin" Provost who is currently on a European trip, and in The Netherlands for a few days. With wind, hail and snow biting at us -after all, it's almost summer in The Netherlands-, with Bregt recovering from a hangover and me failing miserably to recuperate from a major lingering cold which has me breaking out in a fever every few hours, we nevertheless managed to find a little cafe for soup, sauerkraut and hot drinks.

Well.
    Drinks, at any rate.

I had the most marvellous time.
    It was great seeing Bregt and Bregje again (as it always is!), but to be able to meet face to face with such a long-time online friend as Martin was just a complete pleasure. I enjoyed the company and the conversation -which only was directed towards soundtracks for the briefest of times- immensely.

Bregt -as promised- imparted upon us The MainTitles Kazoo, and while we didn't actually play it (the sound is rather reminiscent of the vuvuzela, and we didn't quite fancy being lynched by foaming and frothing hoards of overstimulated footballiacs) , some photos were taken in which we pretend we do. (For posterity's sake, obviously).

At the end of the afternoon Martin, bless his socks, even turned out to have bought each of us some music, catering to our individual tastes (not to mention the little complimentary bottles of port he managed to swipe from Air France catering for me...lick ). love

Obviously I love the pressies, but even without those it was a privilige and a pleasure to have been able to attend.
    Bregt, Bregje, Martin. I had a brilliant time. Thanks very, very much! kiss

Oh, I just made a very few pictures, but Tintin and Bregt took some as well, so I'm sure those will be shared in due time.
    But here at any rate are mine.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2010
    The Dalai Lama. Excellent. applause
  1. Nice to see you all again. Sounds like you all had a great time!
    beer
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That is soooo heartwarming, the way you story things. It seems you had a wonderful time!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Excellent photo! I am so envious. Looza ace is winner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010 edited
    Ooohh man, I really feel bad about hadding to opt out, since I really was looking forward to it... and it's practically next door even for me! sad
    And now such good reports... But good to hear all you people had such a good time! wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ...what? uhm
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I was in Amsterdam!

shocked uhm spin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Great pics and funny comments, glad you all had a great day out cool

Yellow kazoos? cool

And yeah, that Dalai Lama comment was on the money biggrin beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I was in Amsterdam!

Too stoned to realise there was an MT meet?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Apparently the server where my photos are hosted just exploded (or something).
    The page isn't available right now, anyway. I'll give customer service a ring in the morning.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Unless I'm misinterpreting something I can still see your pics fine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh! Good. Then it's just the network at my end.
    Thanks. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    I was in Amsterdam!

Too stoned to realise there was an MT meet?

I'm not sure there was one - it was 2003!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Am i the only one who needs an explanation of the Dalai Lama joke?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thanks Martijn! Great album and captions. applause

Christodoulides wrote
    Am i the only one who needs an explanation of the Dalai Lama joke?

biggrin

(I can't see the second picture though)
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Southall wrote
    I'm not sure there was one - it was 2003!

You should have stuck around for another seven years! We could have met up!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote

Just the second picture of the five? confused
    That's just weird. (everything works fine here).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Selective sensorship.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    Bregt wrote

Just the second picture of the five? confused
    That's just weird. (everything works fine here).

Hmmm. Nope. Two different computer and doesn't work. I'll download the rar this evening, so no worries. I will see that pic (and have a higher resolution lama)!!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Thanks for the pictures!! cheesy
    (although you do know that photoshop could have taken some of the redness in my face and eyes away?? Looks like I had many many beers, which I didn't have, at that point just tea...)

I had a great great time as well. It felt good and very relaxed and comfortable to be with friends and I enjoyed the company and our conversations a lot. And it was awesome to meet Martin of course, since I'm not sure when I'll be in Canada again soon.
    wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Great stuff! Looked awfully chilly, though, for a June meeting in "Southern Europe" (from Norwegian eyes, anyway).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregje wrote
    Thanks for the pictures!! cheesy
    (although you do know that photoshop could have taken some of the redness in my face and eyes away?? Looks like I had many many beers, which I didn't have, at that point just tea...)

I couldn't use photoshop to save my life, I'm afraid. shame
    But I can attest to the fact that it was quite warm inside (and yes, Thor, really chilly outside slant ) and that any perceived redness was most assuredly NOT alcohol-induced, but a mere byproduct from the heat inside indubitably exuded by overheated football fans (at some point people came in to watch... I dunno...Liechtenstein versus Turkmenistan or something. I mean, seriously, what the hell? )
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Oh, and the CD is heartachingly beautiful... listening right now. shocked cheesy
    Amazing, Martin and I have known eachother for 7 or 8 years now and hearing this music he gave to me makes me realize (again) how well he knows me. I'll try to send him a text message today, see if that works.
    wave

So, here's to friendship through music and music through friendship! coffee

(PS. I love the Hoegaarden sign above my head in the picture lick )
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What music has Martin shared with you? That man is so kind, i met him in Soncinemad 2006 (among other maintitlers) and it was a great experience.
  2. What is a Hoegaarden?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Martijn wrote
    But I can attest to the fact that it was quite warm inside (and yes, Thor, really chilly outside slant ) and that any perceived redness was most assuredly NOT alcohol-induced,

Are you sure? Hmmm...I can see a big, cold, mouthwatering pint of beer wink

Seriously, nice pics!

Martijn wrote
    ......indubitably exuded by overheated football fans (at some point people came in to watch... I dunno...Liechtenstein versus Turkmenistan or something. I mean, seriously, what the hell? )

Very usual this days. Yesterday I was having some tapas with a friend at a bar and there was people watching Brazil - I don't remember the other team. Not only I had to hear the damned vuvuzela's but the other customers shouts and commentaries.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    PawelStroinski wrote
    What is a Hoegaarden?
    This is Hoegaarden.
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    What music has Martin shared with you? That man is so kind, i met him in Soncinemad 2006 (among other maintitlers) and it was a great experience.

Definitely!

Hope you're doing well, Martin! wave
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn