• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2010 edited
    Thor wrote
    Space cows?

Yeah. You know: cowboys in outer space? I could have said Rawhide Trek, or Star Shootists, but space cows seems to sum up the whole premise of the show better.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Once again, I wasn't attracted to the characters in the slightest. Thomas showed me the film two times. First time I wasn't interested. Second time I couldn't care less. But the hi-def super duper blu-ray DTS-HD Master Audio sound track floored me, Martijn. punk

Oh well, I'm more of a Entourage kind of guy.

Now that's a show deserving its own topic.

But you won't see me start one.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2010
    You weren't attracted to the characters? Not even Captain Mal? confused

You're weird.
    Like seriously weird.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    He likes film music. He can't be that weird. wink
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Thor wrote
    Space cows?

Yeah. You know: cowboys in outer space? I could have said Rawhide Trek, or Star Shootists, but space cows seems to sum up the whole premise of the show better.

He, he...a cute idea.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Steven wrote
    You're weird.
    Like seriously weird.

Tell my entourage about it. wink

Scribe wrote
    He likes film music. He can't be that weird. wink

Exactly, to 95 % of general music fans all over the world, WE are weird.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    Space cows?
    He, he...a cute idea.

applause

Steven wrote

Best take-charge character this side of Captain Kirk and Indiana Jones. punk
    Brilliant character. (But I honestly think they all were.)

DreamTheater wrote
    Oh well, I'm more of a Entourage kind of guy.

Kind of the American version of Extras.
    Very entertaining, and quite cleverly scripted. I enjoyed the first season a lot!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Do go on Martijn, it only gets better from there.

Besides the seasons are all quite short (except for S3) and so is an episode's length.

And gotta love some of the cameos, which are entertaining.

But that's talk for in another topic, which I won't start.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote

Steven wrote

Best take-charge character this side of Captain Kirk and Indiana Jones. punk
    Brilliant character. (But I honestly think they all were.)

If ever there was an actor who could be the next Indiana Jones, Nathon Fillion is that man.

I think Gilles needs to go through the Ludovico technique to understand why this show is as good as it is. No attraction to the characters indeed. Next he'll be telling us he prefers Joel Schumacher's films to Christopher Nolan's!
  3. Steven wrote
    Next he'll be telling us he prefers Joel Schumacher's films to Christopher Nolan's![/small]

shame

Don't even try to understand why I think the way I think. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Wait.... you actually do!? I was kidding! shocked

Oh my.
  4. But it's been years since I saw Batman & Robin, and I liked it at the time. But big nostalgic that I am, I expect to like it even now.

Ah, so what... we all have our flaws. Some have more than others. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorchristopher
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2010 edited
    Steven wrote
    And Morenea Baccarin just may be the most beautiful woman in any multiverse.

She looks amazing in Firefly. Not so much in V.

Whoa, that's the same woman?? She was very good looking in Serenity. She doesn't look attractive at all to me in V. ....I can't believe that's the same girl...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2010
    I haven't seen V, but I googled some pictures and I don't mind: she does have a bit of a Servalan thing going on there love (although only Timmer will know what I mean... and he's out. cry )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DreamTheater wrote
    But it's been years since I saw Batman & Robin, and I liked it at the time. But big nostalgic that I am, I expect to like it even now.

Batman & Robin is perhaps the worst film ever made. Unlike Transformers, it's not even entertainingly bad - it's just downright awful.

Sweet jesus, if you watch it again and still like it, I dunno... seek help. Professional, expensive help.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Yeah, my liking of Batman & Robin has gone down the drain after watching it again last year. For some reason, i can still live with Forever, but barely. Guess the high quality of 'Begins' really redefined my expectations for Batman films. In order of liking: Begins > Batman (1989) > Dark Knight > Returns.

But hey, what a useless off topic information from my part. sleep
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  5. I liked Robin when it was originally released, I think I was 8 then, but then I couldn't watch it again. My favorite Batman movie is Dark Knight, with Begins coming in the second place, then all the Burton movies. The only thing that detracts me from Dark Knight is the ending, which seems a bit like a purely Hollywood cop-out from a generally non-Hollywood blockbuster. The whole *message* behind the Joker character is very pessimistic and Nolan must be applauded for his courage to speak out about this. I also disagree that the film is deadly serious. Joker's Ledger has dark humor to him. He is relentless, fearless, chaotic, downright terrifying and yet fascinating and sometimes funny. Funny in a way that makes you nervously chuckle at times and then feel bad about yourself that a thing like the pencil trick actually invoked laugh. Amazing writing, directing and acting. It's also great when you realize what is the REAL aim of Joker's character... Pity that Batman's character felt like a guest star here sometimes though.

Reportedly Joel Schumacher goes great lengths in his director's commentary to apologize for the movie biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am not taken by space thingies i am afraid shame
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2010 edited
    Steven wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    But it's been years since I saw Batman & Robin, and I liked it at the time. But big nostalgic that I am, I expect to like it even now.

Batman & Robin is perhaps the worst film ever made. Unlike Transformers, it's not even entertainingly bad - it's just downright awful.

Sweet jesus, if you watch it again and still like it, I dunno... seek help. Professional, expensive help.

Oh God, indeed wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am not taken by space thingies i am afraid shame

The very moment you are abducted by aliens you'll let us know though, won't you?
    We wish to hear first-hand experiences of subdermal chipping and anal probes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer will fight me for the 2nd thing, no doubt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Funny in a way that makes you nervously chuckle at times and then feel bad about yourself that a thing like the pencil trick actually invoked laugh.

You felt bad? Huh.
  6. Yes, it shouldn't be funny, but it IS funny. The bad feeling is part of the aim of Joker's character. We get to play HIS game here. Part of the success of Nolan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Yes, it shouldn't be funny...

Sorry, you've lost me.
  7. We should be terrified, but are laughing. Isn't that the point?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yes I know, I was joking. wink
  8. DreamTheater wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    The Newman score was indeed kick ass and it impressed me. But the movie failed to capture my interest...not really my kind of thing i am afraid smile

Yeah, I wasn't taken by the movie either. And I only saw 90 % of the pilot before I didn't want to go on.

But that's logical... I have no taste. dizzy

excuse me, but you saw 70% of the pilot, and you stopped watching before all the action began. Truthfully I can't begin to understand why you don't like these characters, if not at least MAL would have to please you, he's a Indiana Jones character but with a tougher shell

anyway, like I've said to you in the past, it's your loss dude smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  9. these 3 short clips just show me why I fucking love this series, film and characters. It's just one big happy Firefly family and I never wanted this to stop, they are just soooooo hilarious together, I adore Nathan Fillion but I love Jewel Staite love

Firefly / Serenity rules punk
    Ps, see them in order smile

Clip 1
    Clip 2
    Clip 3
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh