• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2014 edited
    If more RC composers or Zimmer chime in to tell their story, maybe we should listen to the other side's story as well before we judge; not like the other day when i fell into the trap of believing the whole Zimmer replying on Folk facebook post.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Folk's facebook posts all make for very intriguing reads btw (his posts on FB, that is; very interesting to see such a new development and trend of composers talking in public about their craft; i hope he keeps it up and i am confident he will 'cause he's utterly pissed about that Gravity drone winning the Oscar (same here btw, but i am not ominous on modern film music at all))
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Just had Robert accept my friend request on Facebook. Now I can do a bit of catching up...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. You know, if he really wants to have a conversation, he can post on an open board, like say, oh, here, instead of people having to make a Friend request and wait for approval, then play catch up. Or register with Facebook period.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I just got my friend request accepted too, so I could see the discussion in question. How intriguing! While I disagree strongly with what that Thomas fellow says, I really admire his guts to speak out against the Big Shots, well aware that everyone and their grandmother will be on Zimmer's side.

It's just something very "Norwegian", or at least very 'me', about the avoidance of ass-kissing, unless it's absolutely warranted.

But it DID seem like your average FSM or JWFAN member wandered randomly into the discussion. biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
  3. justin boggan wrote
    You know, if he really wants to have a conversation, he can post on an open board, like say, oh, here, instead of people having to make a Friend request and wait for approval, then play catch up. Or register with Facebook period.

The people he wants the conversations with are mostly composers and journalists, not the general fanbase, though. And as it happens most of the composers and journalists (quite often friends with each other, too) are present on Facebook.

It's not a matter of waiting of approval that much... Folk accepts everyone who adds him.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. Then anyone can converse; he should move it outside the field if anybody can become his friend and participate.

Well, I got one for Folk -- based on the quotes above, I think he'll appreciate it:

Dateline, Hollywood!

If you were watching the Oscars on Sunday night, you no doubt saw Steve McQueen’s film 12 Years A Slavetake the Best Picture prize. But two Academy members revealed to the L.A. Times that they didn’t even see it, claiming that it would be an uncomfortable film for them to watch.

(news article)

Based on the original news article from the LA Times.

Hey, I got a question: does every Academy member that votes for a score, listen to it?

Just asking..... wink
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. The latest entry into my Throwback Thirty series of reviews is of the classic comedy score for POLICE ACADEMY by Robert Folk, which was one of the box office hits of 1984, and was recently released for the first time on CD by La-La Land Records.

http://moviemusicuk.us/2014/10/16/polic … bert-folk/

For anyone who's interested smile

Jon
  6. Review of Police Academy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  7. Thank you La-La Land

https://lalalandrecords.com/tremors-limited-edition/

Finally Folk's outstanding music will be available, and Troost's music is not bad too wink
    Love the movie, love the music
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh