• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2007 edited
    Best Score Soundtrack Album For Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media:

Babel
    Gustavo Santaolalla, composer
    [Concord Records]

Blood Diamond
    James Newton Howard, composer
    [Varese Sarabande]

The Departed
    Howard Shore, composer
    [New Line Records]

Happy Feet
    John Powell, composer
    [Warner Sunset/Atlantic]

Pan's Labyrinth
    Javier Navarrete, composer
    [Milan Records]

Ratatouille
    Michael Giacchino, composer
    [Walt Disney Records]

http://grammy.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2007
    If Babel wins, then there truly is no God.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Steven wrote
    If Babel wins, then there truly is no God.

Indeed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    God, i LOVE awards' season when the littly-little name "Santaolalla" constantly pops up here and there! biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. LSH wrote
    Best Score Soundtrack Album For Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media:

So, this award is for the CD rather than the score itself as hear in the picture?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    LSH wrote

So, this award is for the CD rather than the score itself as hear in the picture?

Well the Grammy Awards concern the record industry so, yeah
    •  
      CommentAuthorNunoM
    Pan's Labyrinth would be my pick.
    • CommentAuthorLéon
    Philip Glass has also been nominated for the wonderful track "I Knew Her" from the "Notes on a Scandal"-soundtrack.

And I must say: Santaolalla's score works wonders in Babel. Let's just not forget that one of the most beautiful musical moments in the film has been composed by Ryuichi Sakamoto.
    • CommentAuthorTrekkinD
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2007
    I'm rooting for Blood Diamond or Ratatouille. Ratatouille, really impressed me in the movie, I liked the jazzy music for the cooking scenes and the paper chase scene. On album, which is what the grammys are focusing, the score was great as well, I thought that it was a well-paced album that has enough highlights to hold your interest.

I enjoyed the main theme of Blood Diamond, especially the travelling version heard in "Crossing the Bridge"

Powell's Happy Feet was ok, but a let down after Robots or Ice Age 2

Haven't heard the others yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    At a wild guess, I think Santaolalla is gonna take the win.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    hehe yeah; pretty wild guess biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ...that's what we thought the first two times.
    Right now, it's more like a safe bet.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2007 edited
    You tell me about it! Last year, around Oscar time, they had official bets running here in Greece and they included 5 or 6 categories, some of them paying good money! I was SO looking to find out if best original score category was included too when they were first announced but sadly (but not surprisingly though) it wasn't. I was SO willing to put on a large bet on Santaolalla and it wasn't there damn it!!
  2. LSH wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    LSH wrote

Well the Grammy Awards concern the record industry so, yeah

I don't know the criteria for every single awards ceremony so that's for putting me straight!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2008
    Winner: Ratatouille - Michael Giacchino
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 biggrin beer Now all he needs is the Oscar!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Well done to Michael beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt