• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorKatiek
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010
    I'll miss not having the Tour in the mornings. Congrats to Bert and Andy for great rides. I''m mad Peta got green instead of Thor, but he just wasn't making it in the bunch sprints. Great time trial - if Andy maintains his gains, it should be an interesting coming few Tours coming up.

And nice to see Cav get his form back. There was a cute pic of Renshaw (in his "street clothes") hugging Cav after the last stage win.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010 edited
    I'm also disappointed that Thor didn't get the green, but his injury prior to the tour really prevented him from getting specialized sprint exercise (and so he lost all mass sprints). Hopefully, he'll be able to fix that to the next tour while also keeping his great condition. Cavendish was totally in a league of his own on Champs Elysées. He literally made everyone else look like they had parked their bikes!

Contador was a deserved winner, all in all, but I'm a bit pissed that the thing with Andy's chain became so decisive.

Also a bit disappointing that Lance didn't even get one stage win in his last tour.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2010 edited
    Can't say I agree; Contador was a very undeserved winner. All his competitors fell away due to bad luck, while he himself did literally nothing (apart from that one tiny action in the Alps).

According to some journalists here, it was an exciting Tour. But how is it exciting when most of the times nothing happens, except literally in the last three kilometres? Everyone's saving himself for the Tourmalet, and then we know Contador is probably winning because of that time stage at the end.

And let's see now:
    - Yellow jersey: didn't attack, didn't win any stages. Schleck (who highly likely lost more than 39 seconds in that chain incident stage, as he was effectively wheeling away from Contador at that moment, who couldn't keep up) should have got it.
    - Green jersey: won two (?) stages, Cavendish FIVE. Cavendish should have won it (though I was rooting for Hushovd too, but that's irrelevant).
    - Mountain jersey (what's the English term?): some Frenchman. You're kidding me: this should have gone to one of the top five, obviously.

The organisation needs to reassess a whole lot, in my opinion. It's getting ridiculous.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2010 edited
    Cavendish screwed things up during the first week of the tour. Otherwise, he would have taken the green for sure.

Also, one of the reasons I think Contador deserved it more or less in the end is how he had total control of Schleck in the stage where they took off together (Col de Tourmalet, I think). Andy clearly tried to break him, but didn't manage to shake him off. In fact, Contador seemed to be the strongest rider. Andy also needs to be a better tempo rider.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2010
    I'm not convinced of that. Contador tried, but Schleck had him too. If he could have put Schleck on a distance, he would have, no doubt about that (he would have wanted it for the sake of authority and to establish that he would be the deserved winner.) So they were equally good there, in my opinion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2011 edited
    So it's off again!

I'm pretty confident Contador will win again, but other than that I'm not sure.

I don't think our own Thor Hushovd will get the green jersey this time, and I'm also skeptical to him winning a stage.

Any thoughts?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2011
    Not really my bag but I do find it relaxing to watch and it's a great travelogue.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Damn, Gilbert won the first stage! Predictable, but still....the guy who shares both my first name and hometown came in 3rd.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Thor wrote
    Damn, Gilbert won the first stage! Predictable, but still....the guy who shares both my first name and hometown came in 3rd.

I'm also a big fan of Tour de France. What do you say about that crash? Contador and Andy Schleck lost some time. Who is your favorite?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    He's Belgian!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Is that an excuse? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Great finish! Hopefully he can remain in the jersey after tomorrow.

Too bad Andy Schleck lost time, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Cristian wrote
    Thor wrote

I'm also a big fan of Tour de France. What do you say about that crash? Contador and Andy Schleck lost some time. Who is your favorite?

Yeah, they lost some time, but I think they can afford some loss in the beginning. They'll get more than that in the mountains anyway. I'm not sure which of the favourites came in with the first group. I think most of the top guys came in with Contador (Wiggins, Schleck etc.).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2011
    Thor you are in yellow!

Great stage, I like team time trial. Nice victory for Garmin-Cervelo and I was surprised by the great performance of BMC team, Evans is looking good so far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2011
    Cristian wrote
    Thor you are in yellow!

Great stage, I like team time trial. Nice victory for Garmin-Cervelo and I was surprised by the great performance of BMC team, Evans is looking good so far.

Yeah, they made it by just a single second!

I don't think he'll keep the yellow very long, but it's fun while it lasts.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2011
    Good to see Thor in yellow!

Can't they just make the sprint stages 20 kms or something, have them do it in the morning, and then add a real stage? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2011
    Historic day for Norway!

Edvald Boasson Hagen wins, Thor Hushovd is no. 3 and also keeps the yellow!!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Great victory for Boasson Hagen, I think it was a hard stage because of the weather.
  1. And it was the longest stage of the race.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Cristian wrote
    Great victory for Boasson Hagen, I think it was a hard stage because of the weather.

He was about to win yesterday too, but miscalculated where the finish line was, so he started his sprint way too early. Timed it perfectly this time. I was surprised not see Cavendish, Feilleu, Gilbert or any of the other top sprinters there, but they obviously fell off the extremely long stage.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2011
    Ah shucks, what a sad stage today. sad

Bradley Wiggins is out of the tour, Edvald Boasson Hagen lost his chance to win the stage and his chances on the white jersey when he had to wait for his team mate Wiggins after the crash, that nitwit Mark Cavendish won, and now the road is paved for Contador to take it home (I'm no big fan of his...not only because of the doping accusations, but because I don't like him as a rider).

At least Thor is still in the yellow, although he'll lose it tomorrow.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2011
    I'm no big fan of his...not only because of the doping accusations, but because I don't like him as a rider

I'm thinking a lot of the French are agreeing with you wink
    (And me too.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Fuck it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Jesus! shocked What the hell IS that???
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Eeew....gross. That's your extent of interest in the TDF, D? wink

Shock surprise today, with Thor being able to follow the climbers and favourites to the top, thus keeping the yellow yersey for another day.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Thor wrote

and now the road is paved for Contador to take it home (I'm no big fan of his...not only because of the doping accusations, but because I don't like him as a rider).

I didn't like Contador at first but now I like him as a rider. He has a riding style that I think only great cyclist have like Armstrong or Indurain.

Thor is a good surprise for me, he is a sprinter but it seems that now he can climb too.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Fuck it.

I'm so pleased I'd already eaten.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Jesus! shocked What the hell IS that???

That's someone who used to love Tour de France so much smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. a lot of crashes again, most notably our Belgian hope Van Den Broeck who had to give up

But the car who side swept those 2 cyclist was insane to see though

first a motorcycle, now a car. They are doing a bang up job there face-palm-mt
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2011
    Yeah, that car thing was just insane! I hope they take away his driver's licence.

The first crash (not caused by a car) caused Thor and the rest of the main group to wait up, hence losing out the yellow to Thomas Voeckler, who really impresses me. He's insane in those break-outs of his. Third time's the charm, eh?
    I am extremely serious.