• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008
    There's been no release of Earth, which is disappointing but also surprising (I had assumed the only reason for using the Berlin Philharmonic was as a gimmick for the soundtrack album!)
    • CommentAuthorColSharpe
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2008
    What's George Fenton up to? No new upcoming projects and I haven't heard anything about him for a while.

Anybody knows anything?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2008
    GEORGE FENTON in CONCERT

Friday 28 November
    BBC Radio 2, 7.30pm

Friday Night with George Fenton

In a unique celebration of his music for TV and Film, multi award winning composer George Fenton conducts the BBC Concert Orchestra and directs the first performances of The George Fenton Band.

The BBC Concert Orchestra are joined by The George Fenton Band (who are playing for the first time) and singers to include Lizzy Loeb and Nicola Emmanuelle.

There will be new versions of songs from Anna and the King and Living out Loud, a new suite from the TV series Planet Earth along with newly arranged music from Fenton classics such as Dangerous Liaisons, Valiant, Fool’s Gold and the spectacular finale Cry Freedom.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/fridaynight/
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    GEORGE FENTON in CONCERT

Friday 28 November
    BBC Radio 2, 7.30pm

Friday Night with George Fenton

In a unique celebration of his music for TV and Film, multi award winning composer George Fenton conducts the BBC Concert Orchestra and directs the first performances of The George Fenton Band.

The BBC Concert Orchestra are joined by The George Fenton Band (who are playing for the first time) and singers to include Lizzy Loeb and Nicola Emmanuelle.

There will be new versions of songs from Anna and the King and Living out Loud, a new suite from the TV series Planet Earth along with newly arranged music from Fenton classics such as Dangerous Liaisons, Valiant, Fool’s Gold and the spectacular finale Cry Freedom.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/fridaynight/

Oh, good one! Thanks for enlightening me to this D cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Great! Pity I'll be out. Hopefully someone will be able to make some kind of digital copy!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Great! Pity I'll be out. Hopefully someone will be able to make some kind of digital copy!

Surely you can listen to the program later on the BBC site!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I hope so. I'm not clever enough to record that though and that's what would be really beneficial.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    I presume this will be airing at 14h30 American East Coast time? I shall try to remember it! Thanks!

Concerning Fenton on CD, my first was The Crucible. It took many, many listens to get into this score but it finally grew on me. I've enjoyed many of this other scores since then, especially Dangerous Liaisons, Mrs. Henderson Presents, Stage Beauty and of course Valiant. And then there's his nature documentaries... That stuff has wings!

I'm still missing some key stuff though like Company of Wolves, Cry Freedom and The Grey Owl... I have to keep hunting.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2008
    Anyone have a confirmed time this will air and in what timezone? I am gmt+2 and if it's fitting, i might record it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2009
    Any UK-based (or indeed anywhere else-based) people want to join me at this?

---

GEORGE FENTON IN CONCERT WITH THE LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA

World-famous film and television composer George Fenton joins the LSO in the concert hall for the first time to conduct and present music from his myriad of scores, including Cry Freedom, music from the films of Ken Loach, a world concert premiere of music from the BBC TV series Planet Earth, and music from his award-winning score for The Blue Planet.

7 Jun 2009 7:30 PM

Barbican Hall

George Fenton conductor
    London Symphony Orchestra

Programme to include:
    Stage Beauty
    Dangerous Beauty
    Shadowlands
    Planet Earth
    The Blue Planet
    Memphis Belle
    Valiant
    Mrs Henderson Presents
    Land and Freedom
    Cry Freedom
    The Jewel in the Crown
    Ever After

Tickets: £7 £13 £19 £25 £32
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    shocked shocked shocked

Holy Jebus!

Where would be the best seats I wonder? I think somewhere in the stalls would be a great place, I've been there a few times.
  1. Where is Barbican exactly? When I've been to London, I've been only to the Albert Hall.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Very near the River Thames smack bang in the middle of London. This would be awesome! Fenton is such a great composer, and equally humble.

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I'd rather go in the stalls. Shall we do a group booking? (I don't mind paying if people pay me back on the night.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Can we find out where Fenton is sitting first? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    But yes, that does sound good to me. Perhaps a couple rows from the front so we're not looking up all the time? I'm not fussy to be honest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    OK. I will wait until tomorrow to see who's interested. Surely the great FalkirkBairn will be up for this? And maybe Timmer? Anthony's probably never heard of George Fenton so I won't hold out much hope for him wanting to come. wink
  2. June 7 is a pretty weird day, because it's not vacations on the uni. But I wish I could go to a London concert and hang out with you guys!
  3. Steven wrote
    Can we find out where Fenton is sitting first? wink

You'd probably need to be the orchestra leader to get anywhere near Fenton - he's conducting! biggrin

James, I think that I could be up for this - maybe even make a long weekend of it. I'd certainly appreciate you doing a block booking on this.

I think that the McNeely/Herrmann concert I went to with Anne a few years back was at the Barbican. And I know where the backstage "party" after the concert is likely to be held. wink

I managed to gatecrash at the McNeely concert and had a quick word with both McNeely and David Arnold.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    OK. I will wait until tomorrow to see who's interested. Surely the great FalkirkBairn will be up for this? And maybe Timmer? Anthony's probably never heard of George Fenton so I won't hold out much hope for him wanting to come. wink

June will be a very busy Month for me. I certainly WANT to go but I'll have to hold out for the moment. Don't write me off, we'll see?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    There are Belgian elections here on 7 June. While elections here tend to mean that no government will be formed for the following year and a half, it also means I can't attend since I need to vote against those parties.

Anyway, I'm also just back from the other holiday, so ... well ... f***** it. Pity, I'd loved to have joined the club, and meet Steven, and James, Alan, others again.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    But no Planet Earth?
    Kazoo
  4. Bregt wrote
    There are Belgian elections here on 7 June. While elections here tend to mean that no government will be formed for the following year and a half, it also means I can't attend since I need to vote against those parties.

Anyway, I'm also just back from the other holiday, so ... well ... f***** it. Pity, I'd loved to have joined the club, and meet Steven, and James, Alan, others again.

really, just that fucking day?
    Elections

Pff, I would like to go if others go to, but if there are stupid elections, I guess we can forget about that sad
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. Aren't elections obligatory in Belgium?
  6. PawelStroinski wrote
    Aren't elections obligatory in Belgium?

they are by law obligatory, or you have to have a very good reason to be in other countries, then you might be able to attend another day
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2009 edited
    Well, the there's no compulsory voting, but there is a mandatory attendance.
    Not being present is actually an offense punishable by law to the extent that you might be excluded from active AND passive elections, barred from promotions and from holding certain offices of state. shocked
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  7. Martijn wrote
    Well, the there's no compulsory voting, but there is a mandatory attendance.
    Not being present is actually an offense punishable by law to the extent that you might be excluded from active AND passive elections, barred from promotions and from holding certain offices of state. shocked

I'm affraid they would ask me to attend to count next year if I don't attend tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Bregt wrote
    But no Planet Earth?

Yes, it's there!

Can't you ask your government to postpone the election to enable you to attend?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt, you do realise it's mandatory to attend this concert too?
  8. Southall wrote
    Bregt wrote
    But no Planet Earth?

Yes, it's there!

Can't you ask your government to postpone the election to enable you to attend?

we can try, but Belgium is a shitty place when it concernes laws rolleyes