• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2009 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    we can try, but Belgium is a shitty place when it concernes laws rolleyes

You can always move to a better place?

Sudan seems to be a hot spot these days.
    Kazoo
  1. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorantonios
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2009
    "Anna and the King" , favorite
  2. Southall wrote
    Any UK-based (or indeed anywhere else-based) people want to join me at this?

---

GEORGE FENTON IN CONCERT WITH THE LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA

World-famous film and television composer George Fenton joins the LSO in the concert hall for the first time to conduct and present music from his myriad of scores, including Cry Freedom, music from the films of Ken Loach, a world concert premiere of music from the BBC TV series Planet Earth, and music from his award-winning score for The Blue Planet.

7 Jun 2009 7:30 PM

Barbican Hall

George Fenton conductor
    London Symphony Orchestra

Programme to include:
    Stage Beauty
    Dangerous Beauty
    Shadowlands
    Planet Earth
    The Blue Planet
    Memphis Belle
    Valiant
    Mrs Henderson Presents
    Land and Freedom
    Cry Freedom
    The Jewel in the Crown
    Ever After

Tickets: £7 £13 £19 £25 £32

I notice too that on the Saturday night (6th June) KODO are at the Royal Festival Hall:

http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/music/ … kodo-46812
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Bregt wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    we can try, but Belgium is a shitty place when it concernes laws rolleyes

You can always move to a better place?

Sudan seems to be a hot spot these days.

Bregt, now that you are making money, you'll soon realize how much taxes are going to bite you in the ass

Live Alone, and your but will be full of bitemarks wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Live Alone, and your but will be full of bitemarks wink

Well, loneliness certainly affects us in different ways.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Last call... anyone want to join Steven, Alan and myself for this?
  4. I would love to. Get me a ticket and I'll pay you back on the night, eh? biggrin

(What's that you say? Proof of a purchased airfare you say? Damn it - all this doubt and mistrust is more than I can take!)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2009
    Do you think there is any hope for a CD release of George Fenton's score to Earth? The film is going to be shown in the US through Disney.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2009
    Ok, I saw the film, and I definitely believe there is enough new music for a CD release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Perhaps there will be one, Disney is being more lenient on scores lately. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
  5. If it's the same EARTH I saw in June last year, there was hardly any new music that wasn't in the series.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Fenton's music was part of the World Soundtrack Awards programme a few years back. Interesting to hear it in concert, although it predates his documentary scores. There was a CD of it, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChrK
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009
    Two things:

(1) Fool's Gold is one of my favourite scores from 2008. Great stuff!

(2) Did anyone go and see the LSO concert in June? If so, how was it?
  6. ChrK wrote
    (1) Fool's Gold is one of my favourite scores from 2008. Great stuff!

(2) Did anyone go and see the LSO concert in June? If so, how was it?

(1) There are a few excellent tracks on this little-talked about CD.

(2) No. Therefore, don't know.

BTW, hiya Christian. wave
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2009
    I recently discovered another score by Fenton, for a Disney film called Valiant. Have yet to fully listen to it but so far it's an orchestral romp with some very good march cues. Loving it!
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2009 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    I recently discovered another score by Fenton, for a Disney film called Valiant. Have yet to fully listen to it but so far it's an orchestral romp with some very good march cues. Loving it!

It's a very good score. I'd like to see Fenton score another animated film someday.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2009
    DemonStar wrote

Valiant is GREAT!
  7. ---
  8. I've been invited to at least two (maybe three -- I forget) scoring sessions, but since I live in Florida, and the sessions are in California = sad

Sorry to hear about your luck there.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2009
    John Chambers wrote
    I really shouldn't vent about this on a public forum but I am just so disappointed and need to seek comfort amongst like minded people who will understand my pain.

sad I've never been invited to a scoring session, but I certainly know how it feels to miss out on a wonderful opportunity like that because of responsibilities. I'm sorry.

But yes, another George Fenton nature-doc score sounds fabulous...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Bad luck, John. Hope you get another opportunity some time.

Can you give us any more details about "Life"? Is it another Alastair Fothergill series?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    No matter, found its official website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00lbpcy

Hooray. Can't wait for this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Any news about a possible cd release?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  9. ---
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Sorry to hear that.
    What did you shoot John, for this series?

Did you film for other documentaries too?
    Kazoo
  10. ---
  11. Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

It does sound as though the opportunity could come around again on a project in the future? I hope it does because being at a scoring session is great fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009
    John Chambers wrote
    Thanks Bregt. I was an assistant cameraman on my shoots on 'Life', so was doing the underwater lighting on the shoots I was involved with, not filming. I was only involved with a couple of sequences for the series, we sank a wreck in the Bahamas, and then went back a couple of times to see what life it attracted/grew and also did a coral spawning sequence on a WWII Japanese shipwreck in the Solomon islands.

I work almost exclusively in documentaries, I shoot some stuff but generally I assist, basically setting up the underwater housing and then lighting for the cameraman underwater.

Wow, John, what a job!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009
    John. that's very impressive indeed! Thanks for sharing with us!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.