• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2010
    Anyone fancy talking about the moon landings, JFK, 9-11 etc etc

And, has anyone ever seen

THIS?

I'm not sure about some of it but it's certainly food for thought.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. sleep
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    sleep

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

I wonder if this thread can cure everyone elses insomnia? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Anyone fancy talking about the moon landings, JFK, 9-11 etc etc

And, has anyone ever seen

THIS?

As soon as I saw the thread title I was going to post this. I spent my sixth form days in between classes watching stuff like this in the IT room. Whether it is true or not it makes for a good theory.

A lot of suspicious stuff happened that day, especially the Pentagon crash with no engines recovered from the wreckage and all the traffic camera footage being taken away by the feds.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    sleep
    Krish4419 is alive and well and reincarnated in Timmer. slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    A lot of suspicious stuff happened that day, especially the Pentagon crash with no engines recovered from the wreckage and all the traffic camera footage being taken away by the feds.

http://911research.wtc7.net/essays/pentagon/index.html
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thanks James, I'll have a read of this later....I'm all 9/11'ed out now.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    sleep

Well, it was the first time I've seen that film and I wasn't sure where to put it ( I had thought of putting it in D's 'Airplanes' thread, as I thought there was a lot of aircraft info that would interest him and I'd like to hear his view ) so in the end I just put my own thread up. I'm not into crackpot theories, I like hard facts and there's no doubt it brings up many questions that I'd like answers too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2010 edited
    Far more interesting than any conspiracy theory debunking (which is never accepted by the conspiracy's fans anyway, because the wonderful thing about secrets is that you can NEVER prove anything DEFINITIVELY...there'll always be "deeper layers" of the pertinent conspiracy, or you just "bought into The Man's propaganda", which makes any discussion utterly fruitless), is -to my mind- man's apparent need to find deeper motives to bring some some sort of organization behind huge events.

The most widely accepted psychological theory, and one I happen to subscribe to, is that man is a creature of both organization and curiosity. From the very core of our being, we have a hard time -as a species- to just accept things.
    In many ways this is good: we keep questioning "why", and that leads us to scientific, philosophical and cultural progress.

But it also means that we have a hard time dealing with extremes.
    Events of worldshaking proportion, following the above theory, simply are too BIG to be explained away by simple cause and effect. 9/11 can't POSSIBLY just have been eleven terrorists: the results are simply too IMMENSE for a simple explanation like that.

JFK can't POSSIBLY have been murdered by one person. The result was too world-shattering.
    And so on.

And thus our minds work backwards: from the immensity of what we observe, we need a cause that matches that matches that result in scope and complexity.

(Obviously this is not to suggest no one has ever plotted against something somewhere. But we should be weary of our own bias when confronted with such events. And realise that this may be a very large part of why we feel that "there must be something more" whenever any explanation is offered. And I guess we all do that from time to time.
    Which, as said, I think is inherently a good thing. smile )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I am not one in general for conspiracy theories. The only one which is obviously true is that Pope John Paul II actually died in 1994 and was then replaced by an animatronic figure, reconditioned from Disneyland's Haunted Mansion attraction. Apparently Walt Disney's cryogenically-frozen body was thawed by scientists (led by Josef Mengele) and he insisted that the Pope be replaced before the world was thrown into chaos.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    sleep

Well, it was the first time I've seen that film and I wasn't sure where to put it

Never mind. I was just being mean. smile
    beer
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    Southall wrote
    I am not one in general for conspiracy theories. The only one which is obviously true is that Pope John Paul II actually died in 1994 and was then replaced by an animatronic figure, reconditioned from Disneyland's Haunted Mansion attraction. Apparently Walt Disney's cryogenically-frozen body was thawed by scientists (led by Josef Mengele) and he insisted that the Pope be replaced before the world was thrown into chaos.

biggrin
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2010 edited
    This is a great site for countering the claims made in the video Timmer posted...

screwloosechange.blogspot.com
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2010
    Scribe wrote
    This is a great site for countering the claims made in the video Timmer posted...

It says 'address not valid'.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Timmer wrote
    Scribe wrote

It says 'address not valid'.

http://screwloosechange.blogspot.com/
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Conspiracy theories have a tendency to sound extremely appealing and surprisingly rational at first. But when you look into it, the claims tend to fall apart one by one, often surprisingly easily. 99% of people who buy into a conspiracy theory will discard it upon further information. But there's that 1% of nutters, with biases so extreme, that no amount of evidence can get through.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am no conspiracy theorist and i couldn't be more fed up with 9/11 these days, but while taking dozens of hours literally during my 2nd and 3rd years at the uni looking at air crash / crash-site photos, full formal reports by the ntsb from their mammoth .pdf's at their website, the air crash investigation (and others) series by national geographic and reading 3 books on the matter, i'd say that - more likely, what did crash into the pentagon and in that field (united 93) are very, very difficult to be linked to actual big size passenger planes. I don't know what it was and i don't really care personally, but the damage (and supposed crash site at the 2nd field) are inconsistent. As for the accusations that the other planes that hit the towers were military and the actual planes were thrown into the sea somewhere, i find it too far-stretched; plus you can't really tell from the videos themselves, too blurry and dark, there's no way to really tell what exactly was that, civil or military.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You don't care but you spent dozens of hours looking at photos and reports and read three books? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2010 edited
    I once read a conspiracy theory by some atheist nut job that Agdistis, Angdistis, Ah Puch, Ahura, Mazda, Alberich, Allah, Amaterasu. An, Anansi, Anat, Andvari, Anshar, Anu, Aphrodite, Apollo, Apsu, Ares, Artemis, Asclepius, Athena, Athirat, Athtart, Atlas, Baal, Ba Xian, Bacchus, Balder, Bast, Bellona, Bergelmir, Bes, Bixia Yuanjin, Bragi, Brahma, Bregt, Brigit, Camaxtli, Ceres, Ceridwen, Cernunnos, Chac, Chalchiuhtlicue, Charun, Chemosh, Cheng-huang, Cybele, Dagon, Damkina, Davlin, Dawn, Demeter, Diana, Di Cang, Dionysus, Ea, El, Enki, Enlil, Eos, Epona, Ereskigal, Farbauti, Fenrir, The Flying Spaghetti Monster, Forseti, Freya, Freyr, Frigg, Gaia, Ganesha, Ganga, Garuda, Gauri, Geb, Geong Si, God, Guanyin, Hades, Hanuman, Hathor, Hecate, Helios, Heng-o (Chang-o), Hephaestus
Hera, Hermes, Hestia, Hod, Hoderi, Hoori, Horus, Hotei, Huitzilopochtli, Hsi-Wang-Mu, Hygeia, Inanna, Inti, Iris, Ishtar, Isis, Ixtab, Izanaki, Izanami, Jesus, Juno, Jupiter, Juturna, Kagutsuchi, Kartikeya, Khepri, Ki, Kingu, Kinich Ahau, Kishar, Krishna, Kuan-yin, Kukulcan, Lakshmi, Liza, Loki, Lugh, Luna, Magna Mater, Maia, Marduk, Martijn van Hasselt, Mars, Mazu, Medb, Mercury, Mimir, Min, Minerva, Mithras, Morrigan, Mot, Mummu, Muses, Nammu, Nanna, Nanse, Neith, Nemesis, Nephthys, Neptune, Nergal, Ninazu, Ninhurzag, Nintu, Ninurta, Njord, Nugua, Nut, Odin, Ohkuninushi, Ohyamatsumi, Orgelmir, Osiris, Ostara, Pan, Parvati, Phaethon, Phoebe, Phoebus Apollo, Pilumnus, Poseidon, Quetzalcoatl, Rama, Ra, Rhea, Sabazius, Sarasvati, Selene, Shiva, Seshat, Seti, Shamash, Shapsu, Shen Yi, Shiva, Shu, Si-Wang-Mu, Sin, Sirona, Sol, Surya, Susanoh, Tawaret, Tefnut, Tezcatlipoca, Thanatos, Thor, Thoth, Tiamat, Tianhou, Tlaloc, Tonatiuh, Toyo-Uke-Bime, Tyche, Tyr, Utu, Uzume, Venus, Vesta, Vishnu, Volturnus, Vulcan, Xipe, Xi Wang-mu, Xochipilli, Xochiquetzal, Yam, Yarikh, Yhwh, Ymir, Yu-huang, Yum Kimil, and Zeus were and are all figments of people's imaginations.

Conspiracy theorists. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Is this like spot the odd one out? Because I'm almost sure I found him...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn got to you too, eh? Shit.

Or was it Bregt?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Nah, I'm pretty sure MainTitle God Bregt is just a figment of my imagination.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    shocked

Prepare to be smite'd you forumGodless heathen!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Hey, I'm not saying that's a bad thing. All best things are coming from my imagination.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    biggrin

I saw that it was good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    You don't care but you spent dozens of hours looking at photos and reports and read three books? biggrin

I did it not for 9/11 but for my own personal interest in air crash investigation in general. I thought you'd know this by now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I thought you liked trains.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, i am dying for those wink And for fat chicks too wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I thought you liked trains.

No, that's me, I love hanging about railway stations with greasy unwashed hair, thick pebble glasses and an anorak with notebook.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    We... we should hang out?