• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. "Conan"

Airing November 8 on the American cable channel TBS.

After all he went through, and this new grand premiere, the score lover in me wants the opening action music from "Conan the Barbarian" to open the show. ;-)

Don't have access to a TV anymore, but I hope it's good, 'cause I want to see it one day.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2010
    Correction, it's "Conaw" smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh dear.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh dear.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    OK, I Googled to see who he was.

justin boggan wrote
    After all he went through,

...like being given a payment of $45m to buy him out of his previous contract with NBC? What a hard life.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Isn't is just, and Jonathan Ross gets paid peanuts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Southall wrote
    OK, I Googled to see who he was.

justin boggan wrote
    After all he went through,

...like being given a payment of $45m to buy him out of his previous contract with NBC? What a hard life.

No, it's like, live your dream until Leno wants his old spot back. It's the ethics of it that I'm troubled with. And I like Leno.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2010
    who?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    who?

HERE!
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin

Obviously the point so succinctly made by Demetris (and maybe James, one can never tell) is that we non-Americans only care about Conan when it comes in Poledouris form. As this is primarily a European board, I'd say this is the wrong crowd. Then again, I could be wrong?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2010 edited
    Steven wrote
    biggrin

Obviously the point so succinctly made by Demetris (and maybe James, one can never tell) is that we non-Americans only care about Conan when it comes in Poledouris form. As this is primarily a European board, I'd say this is the wrong crowd. Then again, I could be wrong?

Actually, I'm an old fan of Conan's. They used to send his show on local Oslo TV back in the 90's, of all things. I think you would be pretty poor in terms of popular culture knowledge if you didn't know who Conan O'Brian, Jay Leno, Oprah Winfrey or David Letterman are. Even if you live in Albania.

Or Parkinson in Britain. Wish he were still doing shows.

Now, name your favourite Norwegian talk show host!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    James Horner
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Peter Sellers
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Incidentally, I have seen Conan O'Brien's show a few times, and he's really a poor man's David Letterman, who is a poor man's Johnny Carson. Who was a poor man's Ed Sullian. Who was a piss-poor host.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Martijn wrote
    Incidentally, I have seen Conan O'Brien's show a few times, and he's really a poor man's David Letterman, who is a poor man's Johnny Carson. Who was a poor man's Ed Sullian. Who was a piss-poor host.

I don't think you've seen enough of Conando. The humor differences between him and David are huge.