• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2010 edited
    As I begin preparing my packing for my move back to San Diego I came across a nice little gem I'd forgotten I had which was a superb transfer of an RCA Red Seal LP transfer to CD of The Classic Film Scores of Dimitri Tiomkin. This was the real thing none of that dolby nonsense and now I remember finding an unplayed sealed copy at a record store so the surface noise is at a minimum. Yea there are still a few pops and yes it doesn't sound as good as the LP (some warmth is lost) which I'll be able to revisit upon my return but this was heaven. And unlike some cd producers who think ..."LPs are constricted, tinny, and compressed." This is not true at all.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2010
    I hope the new remastered editions that are coming out soon are the non-Dolby versions. The Tiomkin disc I think is the major one that sounds the worst in Dolby form and I'm curious to hear if the the original recording was more spacious and bright.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2010
    full range warm dynamic recording none of that compression flat sounding crap.
    listen to more classical music!